Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would make the United States a better place?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

What would make the United States a better place?

For one I would say put a ban on religion, if you want to believe in god, fine do it in your own home, but no more public places of worship..

Also I think the rich should be HEAVILY TAXED, why the **** should these rich *******s have more money then they know what to do with, while the rest of America either barely gets by or lives in poverty?

I understand America was founded on Capitalism but it has gotten out of hand, pretty soon those lucky enough to have jobs will spend all there money on those oil tycoons who have no use for there extra billions while the rest of America lives in poverty..

I truly fear for the future of this nation and it makes me sad..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a feeling a common answer from the Bush loving capitalist loving pigs will be "Get Rid of Liberals!"

Guess what a$$ wipes, you need liberals, we make changes in this country, you need us liberals because we keep your capitalism going with your slave labor...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feeling a little threatened by people of faith?

Something tells me you're not the most ambitious chap.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]For one I would say put a ban on religion, if you want to believe in god, fine do it in your own home, but no more public places of worship...I understand America was founded on Capitalism[/QUOTE]

America was founded by God fearing, hard-working people. A majority of Americans continue to live their lives that way. I understand liberals take exception to that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ban on religion? Are you kidding me?

How about just keeping church and state separate, like it's supposed to be?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OrangeJet]Ban on religion? Are you kidding me?

How about just keeping church and state separate, like it's supposed to be?[/QUOTE]

That confuses him and make his head hurt.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper]That confuses him and make his head hurt.[/QUOTE]

[list]There is no such thing as separation of Church and State.[/list]

[list]You can't deny the overwhelming MAJORITY of people their "INALIENABLE RIGHT" bestowed upon them by their "CREATOR" to worship their chosen god.[/list]

[list]The rich are already HEAVILY taxed.[/list]

[list]Communism was tried and failed.[/list]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    See USSR and let us know what you find out.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/square-large-imagine.gif[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheTerminator]For one I would say put a ban on religion, if you want to believe in god, fine do it in your own home, but no more public places of worship..

Also I think the rich should be HEAVILY TAXED, why the **** should these rich *******s have more money then they know what to do with, while the rest of America either barely gets by or lives in poverty?

I understand America was founded on Capitalism but it has gotten out of hand, pretty soon those lucky enough to have jobs will spend all there money on those oil tycoons who have no use for there extra billions while the rest of America lives in poverty..

I truly fear for the future of this nation and it makes me sad..[/QUOTE]

How old are you? Let me guess - you're a first or second-year college student who has just done a paper on Howard Zinn, Peter Singer or Karl Marx. You learned the word "proletariat" within the past 12 months and have smoked weed from Humbolt County within the past six months. You listen to Green Day, watch The Daily Show, and have also just learned the phrase, "distribution of income." You were raised in a semi-to-strict religious household and are now emboldened by your professors and peers to begin not only doubting your faith, but to look down upon and ridicule those who hold relgious views dear. You are likely a white kid who was raised in the suburbs, played lacrosse, and whose parents are paying your way through college 100%.

Tell me, am I close?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever]How old are you? Let me guess - you're a first or second-year college student who has just done a paper on Howard Zinn, Peter Singer or Karl Marx. You learned the word "proletariat" within the past 12 months and have smoked weed from Humbolt County within the past six months. You listen to Green Day, watch The Daily Show, and have also just learned the phrase, "distribution of income." You were raised in a semi-to-strict religious household and are now emboldened by your professors and peers to begin not only doubting your faith, but to look down upon and ridicule those who hold relgious views dear. You are likely a white kid who was raised in the suburbs, played lacrosse, and whose parents are paying your way through college 100%.

Tell me, am I close?[/QUOTE]

:yes:

Good job examining the background of posters who have obtuse views.
    It's certainly fair game.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Good job examining the background of posters who have obtuse views."

5ever definately has a knack for pegging these types. I'm still laughing over his "poets smoking clove cigarettes" line from a few weeks ago.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever]How old are you? Let me guess - you're a first or second-year college student who has just done a paper on Howard Zinn, Peter Singer or Karl Marx. You learned the word "proletariat" within the past 12 months and have smoked weed from Humbolt County within the past six months. You listen to Green Day, watch The Daily Show, and have also just learned the phrase, "distribution of income." You were raised in a semi-to-strict religious household and are now emboldened by your professors and peers to begin not only doubting your faith, but to look down upon and ridicule those who hold relgious views dear. You are likely a white kid who was raised in the suburbs, played lacrosse, and whose parents are paying your way through college 100%.

Tell me, am I close?[/QUOTE]

"Ferris Bueler, you're my hero." Applies here. :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No religion...
    everyone equal no matter how hard you work or how lazy you are...
    sounds like he just read a certain Manifesto to me and doesn't realize it was written over 150 years ago, has been tested thoroughly, and has failed miserably.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Enrique Pallazzo]No religion...
    everyone equal no matter how hard you work or how lazy you are...
    sounds like he just read a certain Manifesto to me and doesn't realize it was written over 150 years ago, has been tested thoroughly, and has failed miserably.[/QUOTE]

or a song written by a cetain Beatle who was a gozillionaire 30-years ago....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper]Feeling a little threatened by people of faith?

Something tells me you're not the most ambitious chap.[/QUOTE]

no people who believe in god or a cancer to humanity and usually overhwelmingly vote repukielican

they are stupid and will remain dumb as long as they believe

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetcane]America was founded by God fearing, hard-working people. A majority of Americans continue to live their lives that way. I understand liberals take exception to that.[/QUOTE]

America was also founded on Slavery and women who were supposed to stay in the kitchen

People also use to believe the world was flat

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OrangeJet]Ban on religion? Are you kidding me?

How about just keeping church and state separate, like it's supposed to be?[/QUOTE]

like I said, nothing makes people dumber then a belief in god, just look at the responses on this board

you have to cut the cancer before it starts

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheTerminator]no people who believe in god or a cancer to humanity and usually overhwelmingly vote repukielican

they are stupid and will remain dumb as long as they believe[/QUOTE]

and THAT, my friend, speaks VOLUMES on your behalf.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper]That confuses him and make his head hurt.[/QUOTE]

your dead, your opinion means nothing