View Poll Results: Would you still support an invasion?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it is worth it

14 42.42%
  • No it was not worth it

6 18.18%
  • I never supported the war

13 39.39%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question to Iraq war supporters

Question to Iraq war supporters

this question is primarily for the Iraq war supporters. If you did not support the war from the beginning please vote option 3.

Imagine it is the year 2003 again and you have access to a crystal ball that sees the future. In that crystal ball you see everything as it has unfolded - no WMD, almost 2000 Americans dead, no electricity, suicide bombers, abu gharib - everything, just as it has happened.

Knowing then what you know now would you still support an invasion of Iraq?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

How it unfolded, I doubt many would play it the same way, I still support the effort though...

WMD, we didn't find them because they were moved
    abu gharib, blow way out of proportion by the liberal media
    2000 American dead, I'd prefer the number to be zero
    suicide bombers, something the world has lived with for over 30 years, and will continue to live with forever I'm afraid

there is a lot of good going on in Iraq, you just refuse to recognize it

[QUOTE=jetswin]
    there is a lot of good going on in Iraq, you just refuse to recognize it[/QUOTE]

i recognise it but i doubt it's long term staying power

put it another way if i'm on a boat that's taking water at a rate of 3 inches an hour

i could be busting my *** bailing out 2 inches an hour - doing a good, heck even a great job

that won't stop the boat from sinking.

anyone who thinks the Iraq war was worth it, secretly wants to give Bush a hand job

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=TheTerminator]anyone who thinks the Iraq war was worth it, secretly wants to give Bush a hand job[/QUOTE]
    very bright...thanks for sharing

[QUOTE=jetswin]How it unfolded, I doubt many would play it the same way, I still support the effort though...

WMD, we didn't find them because they were moved
    abu gharib, blow way out of proportion by the liberal media
    2000 American dead, I'd prefer the number to be zero
    suicide bombers, something the world has lived with for over 30 years, and will continue to live with forever I'm afraid

there is a lot of good going on in Iraq, you just refuse to recognize it[/QUOTE]

Agree with this post, and I would add that I would support the war but only with a better long term plan in place.

I also think the the US has not had good warplans in prolonged situations- vietnam and iraq to name two. IMO we fare better with quicker and more overwhelming battles- not the ones that drag on for years. Not only do casualties rise, but public support dwindles.

I'd prefer a more annihilating strategy, even if there were increased civilian casualties (eg. Germany). If I was told iraq would have to unfold the same way, I'd be less supportive, to be honest.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti]i recognise it but i doubt it's long term staying power

.[/QUOTE]
    We have to hope it does...of course this murdering bastard zarquari poped up and declared war on the shiites today, which IMO is nothing but a strategy to keep us there longer. My hope is that when we find their stronghold again, we go about it differently than we did in Faluja.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti]i recognise it but i doubt it's long term staying power

put it another way if i'm on a boat that's taking water at a rate of 3 inches an hour

i could be busting my *** bailing out 2 inches an hour - doing a good, heck even a great job

that won't stop the boat from sinking.[/QUOTE]

But it may keep it afloat long enough for you to survive...

Veteran
    I voted for -never supported- but probably for different reasons than others. I dont think W needed WMD's to justify an invasion. I think we were justified to invade the moment the inspectors left -I think in '98--but thats another issue. I we had gone in with a guns blazing take no prisoners approach, I would be all for it. However, I had the feeling we would put our soldiers in an impossible position of fighting with one hand behind their backs. Its because of this theory of engaging in a military battle with the intention of winning while killing as few Iraqis as possible is destined to fail. If you are prepared to go to war, you must be prepared to kill people-this means the obvious enemy and unfortunatetly colateral damage. If you cannot accept this, you should not go to war. Fighting a war while trying not to break the eggshells is a burden we should not ask our troops to endure.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=TheTerminator]anyone who thinks the Iraq war was worth it, secretly wants to give Bush a hand job[/QUOTE]

Please keep your fantasies to yourself. kthxbye :byebye:

[QUOTE]WMD, we didn't find them because they were moved[/QUOTE]

Another Right Wing conspiracy theory w/o proof. Where were they moved? Since Saddam was a megalomaniac dictator and he knew that Bush was coming to take him out why didn't he use the WMDs against American troops? Wouldnt he use all means to stay in power? The reason we never found them is because THEY WERE NOT THERE!

[QUOTE]abu gharib, blow way out of proportion by the liberal media[/QUOTE]

A civilised nation that promotes freedom and democracy holds foreigners prisoners for years w/o formally charging them, no legal representation, and gross violation of the Geneva Convention and you think thats blown out of proportion? Hundred of those prisoners were turned over by our friends the Uzbeks (oops i gues they are no longer our friends) and we dont even know who they are. The "liberal" media joisted pointed to Americans what the rest of the world was finding out. And what was the Bu$h response? Internal investigation and throw the book at the grunts not their leaders who ordered them to commit these heinous acts. Yeah thats leadership.

[QUOTE]suicide bombers, something the world has lived with for over 30 years,[/QUOTE]

Even under Saddam, Iraqis did not have to worry about suicide bombers, because there were none. Now that we have invaded , turrrrrr rrrrists are swarming in Iraq and suicide bombing are routine every day. The Iraqis can thank Bu$h for this.

[QUOTE]there is a lot of good going on in Iraq, you just refuse to recognize it[/QUOTE]

Iraq is a disaster that has not helped a single american and has failed to make us any safer, you just refuse to open your eyes and see reality.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Gotta love someone who entitles a poll/thread "Question to Iraqi War [B]Supporters[/B]" then puts in as one of the choices, "I [B]Never[/B] Supported the War" :googly: :googly:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Another Right Wing conspiracy theory w/o proof. Where were they moved? Since Saddam was a megalomaniac dictator and he knew that Bush was coming to take him out why didn't he use the WMDs against American troops? Wouldnt he use all means to stay in power? The reason we never found them is because THEY WERE NOT THERE!

A civilised nation that promotes freedom and democracy holds foreigners prisoners for years w/o formally charging them, no legal representation, and gross violation of the Geneva Convention and you think thats blown out of proportion? Hundred of those prisoners were turned over by our friends the Uzbeks (oops i gues they are no longer our friends) and we dont even know who they are. The "liberal" media joisted pointed to Americans what the rest of the world was finding out. And what was the Bu$h response? Internal investigation and throw the book at the grunts not their leaders who ordered them to commit these heinous acts. Yeah thats leadership.

Even under Saddam, Iraqis did not have to worry about suicide bombers, because there were none. Now that we have invaded , turrrrrr rrrrists are swarming in Iraq and suicide bombing are routine every day. The Iraqis can thank Bu$h for this.

Iraq is a disaster that has not helped a single american and has failed to make us any safer, you just refuse to open your eyes and see reality.[/QUOTE]

Your whole post an amazing lack of knowledge about every topic you touched on; again, whether this is intentionally partisan or done out of ignorance is debatable.

[QUOTE]Your whole post an amazing lack of knowledge about every topic you touched on; again, whether this is intentionally partisan or done out of ignorance is debatable.[/QUOTE]

Great, now how about backing up your statement with some friggin facts. All you can do is throw insults and acuse me of being partisan . Not one thing i stated is untrue. Prove me wrong with facts not insults you douchebag!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=kennyo7]Another Right Wing conspiracy theory w/o proof. Where were they moved? Since Saddam was a megalomaniac dictator and he knew that Bush was coming to take him out why didn't he use the WMDs against American troops? Wouldnt he use all means to stay in power? The reason we never found them is because THEY WERE NOT THERE!

[COLOR=Navy]
    [B] unless we invade Syria we may never find them[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy] [B]what "heinous acts" ? naked twister?[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy] [B]under Saddam all Iraqis had to worry about were being gased, or fed into paper shredders[/B][/COLOR]

Iraq is a disaster that has not helped a single american and has failed to make us any safer, you just refuse to open your eyes and see reality.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Navy][B]does an American actually have to have a gun pressed to their head to be threatened?[/B][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=jetswin][COLOR=Navy][B]does an American actually have to have a gun pressed to their head to be threatened?[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

:applause: :applause: to all four responses...

"Another Right Wing conspiracy theory w/o proof. Where were they moved? Since Saddam was a megalomaniac dictator and he knew that Bush was coming to take him out why didn't he use the WMDs against American troops? Wouldnt he use all means to stay in power? The reason we never found them is because THEY WERE NOT THERE!"

The Duelfer report said they had found labs capable of producing WMD's, which had been shut down, but could be reactivated on short notice ? Having the capability to produce WMD's is the same thing of having stockpiles of the actually weapon in my book.

[QUOTE=kevin45]"Another Right Wing conspiracy theory w/o proof. Where were they moved? Since Saddam was a megalomaniac dictator and he knew that Bush was coming to take him out why didn't he use the WMDs against American troops? Wouldnt he use all means to stay in power? The reason we never found them is because THEY WERE NOT THERE!"

The Duelfer report said they had found labs capable of producing WMD's, which had been shut down, but could be reactivated on short notice ? Having the capability to produce WMD's is the same thing of having stockpiles of the actually weapon in my book.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that Hussein had actually USED WMDs on his own people for years.

All League
    [QUOTE=kevin45]"Another Right Wing conspiracy theory w/o proof. Where were they moved? Since Saddam was a megalomaniac dictator and he knew that Bush was coming to take him out why didn't he use the WMDs against American troops? Wouldnt he use all means to stay in power? The reason we never found them is because THEY WERE NOT THERE!"

The Duelfer report said they had found labs capable of producing WMD's, which had been shut down, but could be reactivated on short notice ? Having the capability to produce WMD's is the same thing of having stockpiles of the actually weapon in my book.[/QUOTE]

Why did the government secure the Oil Ministry first before securing these so-called WMD factories?

[QUOTE=Enrique Pallazzo]Not to mention that Hussein had actually USED WMDs on his own people for years.[/QUOTE]

yeah 10 years before gulf war I - and we didn't blink an eye

it was only when it became politically viable to invade Iraq did all of a sudden we give a crap about the plight of the Kurds.

It's the same thing with Uzbekistan - just this year we stood by silently while they butchered their own people - because we need their airfields - which they kicked us off of anyway.

Maybe 30 years from now when we want to invade Uzbeckistan we will talk about how brutal their human rights record was... but now we say nothing.