Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Libs love conspiracy theorys....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Libs love conspiracy theorys....

...but please tell me no one here believes this one.

spreading hate

Friday, Sept. 16, 2005 1:13 a.m. EDT
    Air America Hosts: Farrakhan Not Wrong on Levees

Two hosts at the liberal radio network Air America are defending Nation of Islam leader Minister Louis Farrakhan - saying he's not wrong to suspect that white people deliberately blew up the levees in New Orleans.

"You cannot blame people for coming up with conspiracy theories," Air America host Chuck D. said, after he was asked Thursday about the paranoid pronouncement by MSNBC's Tucker Carlson.

"They look on television and see that the government is four days late in saving people [who are] supposed to be their citizens," Chuck D. explained.

Carlson gave him a second chance to denounce Farrakhan's lunatic declaration, saying, "You're a smart guy. You know that white people didn't blow up the levees to kill black people. You've gotta know that didn't happen."

But the Air America host refused to budge, insisting instead that there was a chance Farrakhan could be right.

"I can't say unless I know for sure what's the actual facts and what's actually false," the rapper-turned-talk host said.
    Carlson tried a third time, telling Chuck D.: "Look, I can say for certain that it was not a white conspiracy. White people did not blow up the levee to kill black people."

Still, the radio lefty wouldn't denounce Farrakhan's poisonous rant, saying only, "I don't think it's a person at fault but I think the system needs revamping."

After failing to persuade Chuck D., the MSNBC host turned to panelist Rachel Maddow, who also hosts a show on Air America.

Asked if she believed that white people deliberately destroyed the levees, Maddow declined to render a personal judgment - and instead defended the sentiment behind the toxic hypothesis.

"Conspiracy theories don't necessarily help but you have to understand where they come from," she told Carlson. "They come from people feeling like this disaster had a real racial component. I mean, it was a majority-black city that was absolutely abandoned by the country."
    On Monday, Farrakhan uncorked his ugly theory, telling a North Carolina audience: "I heard from a very reliable source who saw a 25 foot deep crater under the levee breach. It may have been blown up to destroy the black part of town and keep the white part dry."

...oh brother :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the other day Farrikkan spoke in Philly and he informed the crowd that Katrina was Allah's punishment for the US involvement in Iraq. The guy is a treasonous jackass. :cool:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is not a true statement that Liberals love Conspiracy Theories. I am sure some do, but some love cheese, and others don't. These people were just not ruling out any possibilities. It would probably baffle them as much as anyone else, if what Farrikahn said was the truth.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sack Exchange]It is not a true statement that Liberals love Conspiracy Theories. I am sure some do, but some love cheese, and others don't. These people were just not ruling out any possibilities. It would probably baffle them as much as anyone else, if what Farrikahn said was the truth.[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! LOVE the cheese analogy... and of course, I think you're right on that.
    I disagree, however, that they would be baffled if Farrakhan's theory were true. I hear what you're saying about not ruling out possibilities, but the theory is just SO far fetched that it should be LAUGHED AT... not acknowledged! The Air America contingency will accept ANY theory as potentially true if it can be used to support its own views. Air America really IS a cancer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Enrique Pallazzo] Air America really IS a cancer.[/QUOTE]

yeah it's like a cancer... on a dog's ***... in someone else's backyard about 2000 miles away.

there are tests of the emergency broadcast system that get better ratings than Air America.

I think more than half of their ridiculously small audience is paranoid conservatives.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]yeah it's like a cancer... on a dog's ***... in someone else's backyard about 2000 miles away.

there are tests of the emergency broadcast system that get better ratings than Air America.

I think more than half of their ridiculously small audience is paranoid conservatives.[/QUOTE]

I suppose I wasn't clear enough... it's the opinions OF Air America that are more widespread than its audience that is the cancer. I also agree with you about the paranoid conservatives being its largest audience share.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]it's the opinions OF Air America that are more widespread than its audience that is the cancer[/QUOTE]

Yes its a cancer just like the opinions of Faux News, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'reilly, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, Ann Coultrer, Oliver North, G. Gordon Liddy, Matt Drudge, etc etc are all cancers.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As I've said in other threads, nowadays the first thing that people talk about on any political topic is, Liberal this, republican this. Rather than this a good article or this is moronic.

Now this would be fine if people held their own parties and the media they favour up to the same level of scrutiny as the sides they oppose, unfortunatley they don't thus losing all credibility in preaching to the converted. How people can nod in agreement over the totla bull**** the media supporting the party they support and yet heartily condem the media from the other side for stupid articles amazes me.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I think a lot of you guys are not reading the above story. Air America...that is Lib central.

The reason I named the thread Libs love a conspiracy, is that one of my favorite Libs, a board member here, seems to jump on all of them. I'm not big on generalizing, inspite of what you may think. :cool:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They're just playing to their core audience - the lunatic fringe; everyone else just rolls their eyes. If you give someone enough rope....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Yes its a cancer just like the opinions of Faux News, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'reilly, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, Ann Coultrer, Oliver North, G. Gordon Liddy, Matt Drudge, etc etc are all cancers.[/QUOTE]

There are a few names there that I'd agree with, but I wouldn't lump ALL of them in that category. Extremists on EITHER side of the aisle are cancerous to public opinion.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Enrique Pallazzo]There are a few names there that I'd agree with, but I wouldn't lump ALL of them in that category. Extremists on EITHER side of the aisle are cancerous to public opinion.[/QUOTE]

Which ones?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum]Which ones?[/QUOTE]

On that list, IMHO, Limbaugh, Coultrer, and Liddy are by far the worst.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Enrique Pallazzo]On that list, IMHO, Limbaugh, Coultrer, and Liddy are by far the worst.[/QUOTE]

Actually its 'Coulter'; that aside, I see them fighting fire with fire: they balance the lunatic left in order to swing the pendulum back to the center.

I like Coulter alot: very sarcastic, always right on the money, good debater. Downside is she's a lawyer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum]Actually its 'Coulter'; that aside, I see them fighting fire with fire: they balance the lunatic left in order to swing the pendulum back to the center.[/QUOTE]

I hear what you're saying about fighting fire with fire, but I'm not sure that justifies their extreme positions. I think all they end up doing is really alienating the Americans closer to the center. That's not good for anyone.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Enrique Pallazzo]I hear what you're saying about fighting fire with fire, but I'm not sure that justifies their extreme positions. I think all they end up doing is really alienating the Americans closer to the center. That's not good for anyone.[/QUOTE]

In a way it is. After 9/11, Coulter wrote that we should invade Muslim countries, kill their leaders, and convert them all to Christianity. On the surface, that's pretty hardcore. The subtle message is that there are plenty of Americans that will fight back and not turn the other cheek; that you give us a black eye, you're getting a black eye AND a bloody nose. Its letting the enemy know there will always be a price to pay for their actions.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum]In a way it is. After 9/11, Coulter wrote that we should invade Muslim countries, kill their leaders, and convert them all to Christianity. On the surface, that's pretty hardcore. The subtle message is that there are plenty of Americans that will fight back and not turn the other cheek; that you give us a black eye, you're getting a black eye AND a bloody nose. Its letting the enemy know there will always be a price to pay for their actions.[/QUOTE]

Right, but that exactly my point. We shouldn't just go invading Muslim countries, killing their leaders, and converting them to Christianity. That's plain wrong. That's what THEY want to do to US. Invade us. Check. Kill our leaders. They've tried. Convert us to Islam. That ain't happening. But that attitude is exactly the wrong one. And now the politcally middle of the road thinkers believe that this is representative of EVERYONE right of center... and that's not the case.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin]...but please tell me no one here believes this one.

spreading hate

Friday, Sept. 16, 2005 1:13 a.m. EDT
    Air America Hosts: Farrakhan Not Wrong on Levees

Two hosts at the liberal radio network Air America are defending Nation of Islam leader Minister Louis Farrakhan - saying he's not wrong to suspect that white people deliberately blew up the levees in New Orleans.

"You cannot blame people for coming up with conspiracy theories," Air America host Chuck D. said, after he was asked Thursday about the paranoid pronouncement by MSNBC's Tucker Carlson.

"They look on television and see that the government is four days late in saving people [who are] supposed to be their citizens," Chuck D. explained.

Carlson gave him a second chance to denounce Farrakhan's lunatic declaration, saying, "You're a smart guy. You know that white people didn't blow up the levees to kill black people. You've gotta know that didn't happen."

But the Air America host refused to budge, insisting instead that there was a chance Farrakhan could be right.

"I can't say unless I know for sure what's the actual facts and what's actually false," the rapper-turned-talk host said.
    Carlson tried a third time, telling Chuck D.: "Look, I can say for certain that it was not a white conspiracy. White people did not blow up the levee to kill black people."

Still, the radio lefty wouldn't denounce Farrakhan's poisonous rant, saying only, "I don't think it's a person at fault but I think the system needs revamping."

After failing to persuade Chuck D., the MSNBC host turned to panelist Rachel Maddow, who also hosts a show on Air America.

Asked if she believed that white people deliberately destroyed the levees, Maddow declined to render a personal judgment - and instead defended the sentiment behind the toxic hypothesis.

"Conspiracy theories don't necessarily help but you have to understand where they come from," she told Carlson. "They come from people feeling like this disaster had a real racial component. I mean, it was a majority-black city that was absolutely abandoned by the country."
    On Monday, Farrakhan uncorked his ugly theory, telling a North Carolina audience: "I heard from a very reliable source who saw a 25 foot deep crater under the levee breach. It may have been blown up to destroy the black part of town and keep the white part dry."

...oh brother :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Calypso Louis is at it again? ooh, lovely

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Enrique Pallazzo]On that list, IMHO, Limbaugh, Coultrer, and Liddy are by far the worst.[/QUOTE]
    What passes as 'liberalism' nowadays gives Coulter more than enough to work with. She is merciless, entertaining - and, importantly, non-fictional.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Enrique Pallazzo]Right, but that exactly my point. We shouldn't just go invading Muslim countries, killing their leaders, and converting them to Christianity. That's plain wrong. That's what THEY want to do to US. Invade us. Check. Kill our leaders. They've tried. Convert us to Islam. That ain't happening. But that attitude is exactly the wrong one. And now the politcally middle of the road thinkers believe that this is representative of EVERYONE right of center... and that's not the case.[/QUOTE]
    I like Ann, aside from being really bright, witty, sarcastic, blond and having nice knockers, she's a Conservative.

The above may have been the most brilliant thing she has written, as it was a direct response to 9/11 and the declaration of jihad.