Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade a 2nd round pick for Larry Johnson?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by regen
    I say we trade two number one picks, John Abraham, and Herm's new baby for Larry Johnson. Larry Johnson is a surefire HOFer who will one day be ranked ahead of Jim Brown and Walter Payton. Bradway should be fired if he doesn't do this deal even before Curtis's MRI results come back.

Larry Johnson has played well so far throught his carreer as a backup and now a #2 punch with holmes.

That being said. ARe you retarded??? Larry johnson couldn't even hold Brown or Payton's jock strap!!!

You must be really warped to even consider comapring this guy to payton.

first off, BACKUP!!! Hello, this guy is still a backup, do you think vermiel would have him playing a backup, change of pace roll if he was a more skilled back than PAYTON???

Thats just insane, Johnson has a long way to go before he's even on the ballot for Canton, not a walk in like brown or Payton.

Whats next, herm edwards = Vince Lombardi???

Why don't you start comparing Chaz Gessner to Terrell Owens.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan_toronto_canada
    Larry Johnson has played well so far throught his carreer as a backup and now a #2 punch with holmes.

That being said. ARe you retarded??? Larry johnson couldn't even hold Brown or Payton's jock strap!!!

You must be really warped to even consider comapring this guy to payton.

first off, BACKUP!!! Hello, this guy is still a backup, do you think vermiel would have him playing a backup, change of pace roll if he was a more skilled back than PAYTON???

Thats just insane, Johnson has a long way to go before he's even on the ballot for Canton, not a walk in like brown or Payton.

Whats next, herm edwards = Vince Lombardi???

Why don't you start comparing Chaz Gessner to Terrell Owens.

Oh, I see you were being sacastic. Well don't I feel stupid now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    who made this thread just because curtis had 2 mediocer games everybodys ready to start grabbing rb....everybody ease up seriously your talkin about c-marty...next week against a great d and injured 132 and a td...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    grand mamma

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you guys are going a little overboard here on this whole Larry Johnson thing. Why would we trade for him at all? Granted, he looks to be a good RB, but let's not forget something. Blaylock was ahead of Johnson for the two years they were on the Chiefs together. And even after Johnson broke out at the end of last season, the Chiefs STILL tried to keep Blaylock. Doesn't this all say something to you?

The fact is that Blaylock has also had just as much success if not more then Johnson (excluding LJ's raping of us). The fact is LJ surely is a good RB, but the Chief's running system just makes them look that much better. I don't think Johnson would do anything for us more than Blaylock, so why even consider trading for him? I don't know, I just don't get it. KC seemed to think highly enough of Blaylock, not sure why some people on this board see the need to now try to go after the guy who was behind him on the depth chart.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by regen
    I say we trade two number one picks, John Abraham, and Herm's new baby for Larry Johnson. Larry Johnson is a surefire HOFer who will one day be ranked ahead of Jim Brown and Walter Payton. Bradway should be fired if he doesn't do this deal even before Curtis's MRI results come back.

You'd need to throw in some cheerleaders, too. We're looking to upgrade our cheerleaders.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man
    You'd need to throw in some cheerleaders, too. We're looking to upgrade our cheerleaders.
    At least you HAVE cheerleaders.

All we have is Herm Edwards

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    The Chiefs used a #1 pick on LJ. He is now becoming a top back in the NFL. A 2nd round pick is not even in the same league as to what we would need to give to get LJ. More likely it would have to be Abe AND a 1st rounder, and even then they probably wouldn't do it as Abe would be expensive and LJ is still in his rookie deal

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanmack
    What do you guys think? Would KC go for it? He's still on his rookie contract so such a deal may be possible under the cap, i would do it in an instant
    Larry Johnson was a first round pick and is better than KC ever hoped for. It's like asking a team if they would give up a 2nd round pick for Jonothon Vilma.

Second, you do realize that Shawn Alexander is a free agent at the end of the season and he can't be franchised.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanmack
    What do you guys think? Would KC go for it? He's still on his rookie contract so such a deal may be possible under the cap, i would do it in an instant

are you kidding? why would they do that?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

wtf r u guys thinking

you all are on lj's sack you's are acting like he's the best in the league calm down people rb is the least of are worries i'll stick with blaylock and martin blaylock is better than everyone thinks! if martin goes down blaylock will come in and get the job done blaylock is a 1'000 yd a season rusher when his time comes and there are more important positions to look at

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think if we are worried about Curtis not being healthy for a long stretch of the season due to his knee and we need another RB under the cap to supplement our current backfield, Larry Johnson is out. The Chiefs wouldn't trade him for all our picks this april, let alone a second rounder. A more realistic man would be Thomas Jones of the Chicago Bears, seeing as Cedric Benson got signed and is learning his job. Jones would come cheap, possibly a fourth rounder, and his contract is a little over a million. Plus he's only 27, for those who believe in silly things like age.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Larry Johnson was a first round pick, whey would they trade him for a second rounder?

wickedtwisted
    As much as one could make the arguement for Curtis Martin being the same, I think Blaylock and LJ are products of a Hall of Fame offensive line. But that still can't help Vermeil from thinking that Larry Johnson has averaged about 13 yards a carry so far this season.