Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade a 2nd round pick for Larry Johnson?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Trade a 2nd round pick for Larry Johnson?

What do you guys think? Would KC go for it? He's still on his rookie contract so such a deal may be possible under the cap, i would do it in an instant

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanmack
    What do you guys think? Would KC go for it? He's still on his rookie contract so such a deal may be possible under the cap, i would do it in an instant

i would love that but would they do it? and what to do with blaylock? and why isnt blaylokc getting touches?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    KC isnt going to give him up. Holmes is injury prone, and every carry he takes in the NFL could be his last. I know that can be said for any player, but with him its an increased possibility. Plus Johnson is still getting playing time even with Priest. I say there is no chance of anything like that happening.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm no Curtis hater, love the guy, but his performance is cause for concern, he can't get it done against tough, physical D. Even last year, he struggled mightly against the Steelers and Pats, it's time to forego loyalty and do what's best for the team

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would take at least a first!!! I would do it in a heartbeat.

I would give a first next year 06'
    and a second in 07!!

Larry Johnson is the man!!!

All you draft tools go crazy now!!!!!

DJR44

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    do you make it a 1st rounder to sweeten the pot?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    kc would never take that trade, johnson at this point has proven himself to be their running back of the future...if anything, they'd be looking to trade holmes before johnson IMO...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, johnson is holmes' heir apparent. and, imo, is shaping up to be the one of the best rb's in the nfl. no way the chiefs trade him.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unless it's Walter Payton in his prime, giving up a first rounder for a RB would be foolish. RB is hands down the easiest position to fill through the draft and there will be a few good ones coming out next year. OT should be our #1 priority this offseason anyway.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would do it in a heart beat but Priest Holmes hasn't finished a full season injury-free in I don't know how long. Translation, No way in God's Green Earth the Chiefs will let go of Johnson.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I say we trade two number one picks, John Abraham, and Herm's new baby for Larry Johnson. Larry Johnson is a surefire HOFer who will one day be ranked ahead of Jim Brown and Walter Payton. Bradway should be fired if he doesn't do this deal even before Curtis's MRI results come back.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is not John Madden. Why would they trade their future rb star for a 2nd rd pick.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chiefs fan here.

I can't imagine the Chiefs trading LJ for a 2nd. I'm not even sure they'd trade him for a '06 1st and an '07 2nd. The Chiefs know that their time is now or never. Their fans would crucify them if they traded LJ away and the season got screwed with a Holmes injury.

Speaking of Holmes and injury, he did make it all the way through the season in '03. In '02 he only missed 2 games (although his injury was significant enough that he would have missed more if the injury had happened earlier in the season.

I can't see them trading Priest either, but you'd be more likely to pry him away from the Chiefs than LJ.

JMO

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is absolutely no reason for the Chiefs to make this trade. Why trade your #1B (younger/heir apparent) RB when they are geared up for a SB run THIS year? For a draft pick NEXT year? NO! Plus Holmes is old and injury-prone. I do not even think they would do it for a first. Finally, for those who did not know, LJ is a HEAD case. If he can not behave in KC, he would likely IMPLODE in NY.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN
    There is absolutely no reason for the Chiefs to make this trade. Why trade your #1B (younger/heir apparent) RB when they are geared up for a SB run THIS year? For a draft pick NEXT year? NO! Plus Holmes is old and injury-prone. I do not even think they would do it for a first. Finally, for those who did not know, LJ is a HEAD case. If he can not behave in KC, he would likely IMPLODE in NY.

Beinh a head case is a NON FACTOR. The NFL is made up of head cases:

SE: T.O!!!!!

DJR44

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Move This To Junk Please

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt K.C. would accept a #2 for Johnson. I believe they view him as their future at RB once Holmes starts to falter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan
    I would do it in a heart beat but Priest Holmes hasn't finished a full season injury-free in I don't know how long. Translation, No way in God's Green Earth the Chiefs will let go of Johnson.
    You sure about that A-Rod?? Except for missing 8 games last year Holmes
    with the Chiefs has avg over 1500 a year rushing and 330 carries a year..
    Not to mention 56 TD's in his first 3 years with KC..If that's Bad in your
    eye's I'll take 2 backs like that any day!! He missed 2 games in 02!
    But your right no way do they let Johnson go..Of course had Johnson
    been a Jet he'd be a Raider now!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is the stupidest thread outside the person who said to keep chad over
    pepper and favre.

Christ how F'n stupid can one be

Let's also get larry Fitzgerald for a 5th and Ed Reed for a 3rd....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    No wait, lets get Moss for a 2nd rounder...oh wait that happened already. No wait I'll take TO for a 2nd rounder...wait that happened too. All we need now is for Larry Johnson to be total disturbance to his team, and I bet we get him for a 2nd rounder. And then we need everyone who wants to add another back, or replace Cumar to get a life. We are fine at RB look at Blaylock's stats, and if you don't think he can block, look at his ST play.