Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Do We Draft At Rb In 06 And Where?

Who Do We Draft At Rb In 06 And Where?

It's been debated time and time again here. Obviously OT, RB and DT are our biggest needs and most likely will be adressed in the offseason via the draft or by freeagency.

WHAT STUD RBs figure to get drafted this year folks?? and WHERE would you draft them?

BTW, IMHO, the Jets should sit Curtis and start Blaylock this week. 2.5 ypc aint cutting it !!
    (BTW, BIG CURTIS FAN _ HAVE A PIC OF CURTIS IN CANTON, & YES BOTH HE AND STRAHAN ARE FEATURED IN TEAM DISPLAYS AT THE HALL ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN THERE CAN BACK ME UP)

All League
    Wow, week 2 and talking about the draft.

Let me guess, you are a Dolphin fan.

BZ

Quote Originally Posted by ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST
    It's been debated time and time again here. Obviously OT, RB and DT are our biggest needs and most likely will be adressed in the offseason via the draft or by freeagency.

WHAT STUD RBs figure to get drafted this year folks?? and WHERE would you draft them?

BTW, IMHO, the Jets should sit Curtis and start Blaylock this week. 2.5 ypc aint cutting it !!
    (BTW, BIG CURTIS FAN _ HAVE A PIC OF CURTIS IN CANTON, & YES BOTH HE AND STRAHAN ARE FEATURED IN TEAM DISPLAYS AT THE HALL ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN THERE CAN BACK ME UP)
    No pal, Hofstra Alum, Live In Suffolk and have probably been to camp 10 times more to watch the boys than you have over the years.

I just don't want to see Herm's loyalty to his vets, however earned it is by our Gladiator Curtis, to cloud his judgement. Curt is Hurt and we need something to energize the offense. Seeing as it will take time for Chad to get up to speed.

Also, would you just like to see Curtis be allowed to embarass himself the same way Emmit did in Arizona. Realistically we all know this year, Maaaaaaaaaaaayyyyybee next is it for our Canton Bound Stud. JUST THE FACTS

All League
    So why are you talking about the draft in week 2?

(BTW, try quoting my post, not your own)

BZ

Quote Originally Posted by BwanaZulia
    So why are you talking about the draft in week 2?

(BTW, try quoting my post, not your own)

BZ

O.k. there big guy. I quoted my post for your benefit since you obviously didn't read it.

How'd you do on the CAT Test??? Did you eat the paint chips as a kid??

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST
    O.k. there big guy. I quoted my post for your benefit since you obviously didn't read it.

How'd you do on the CAT Test??? Did you eat the paint chips as a kid??
    Ahh.... that is why you quoted yourself in response to me. Ok.

So, why should we be talking about the draft in week 2?

BZ

Undrafted Free Agent
    You guys sounds like little kids

But seriously, it's the 2nd week of the season and we're already talking draft? Don't you think we wait to see how Curtis's season goes before we completely write him off the way you are? Yes we have to draft a rb sooner or later but it's still to soon to tell who the real shining stars are in college. Also, will people stop with the sit CM crap????? He was getting big gains early in the game on Sunday until the offensive line fell apart and allowed him to get tackled in teh backfield. How many times during a run was Curtis stuffed right after the handoff? How is that his fault?

All Pro
    Been giving this some thought,and if we end up where we did last season,I think I`m willing to spend my 1st round Pick onJay Cutler,QB Vandy.Mr Bit has me convinced this kid won`t make it out the 1st.Provided this OT from miami doesn`t start playing like he did prior to his Injury,I think I `ll like a shot at him in the 2nd.

The caveat is this.If Cavka returns and continues his progress,then my 2nd round pick is probably a DT or OLB someone with speed.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Don G.
    You guys sounds like little kids
    HE STARTED IT!!!!!!

BZ

Undrafted Free Agent
    lol....eh...well im your side...i don't see the point of discussing draft picks this early into the season

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It is a bit early to discuss the 06 draft but i will say this...Some people love the draft and love draft talk..Is there really a crime in discussing who we might pick or what position we might take in 06?? There really isnt...

Ofcourse many things factor in, like where we finish and what postions do we actually need by the end of this season.

It's like saying lets not talk about the Jets cause the start of the season is 6 months away...The draft is very important, entertaining and quite honestly a huge part of The NY Jets..
    Last edited by LockeJET; 09-23-2005 at 04:08 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Houston and Blaylock are both young. We'll be focusing on the O-Line and D-Line next year IMO.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    Houston and Blaylock are both young. We'll be focusing on the O-Line and D-Line next year IMO.
    Houston is still an unknown and while Blaylock is solid, he really doesnt have alot of upside...Dont be suprised depending on whos there or where we pick that we dont look for a franchise RB..

Veteran
    Keep Houston. With that thyroid fixed, he's gonna only get better. Draft a later round short yardage back. I like the two hokies also. Humes and Imoh.

Better yet, lets find us a Brandon Jacobs.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET
    Houston is still an unknown and while Blaylock is solid, he really doesnt have alot of upside...Dont be suprised depending on whos there or where we pick that we dont look for a franchise RB..
    But who do you think will available at #32?

Hall Of Fame
    I agree with this. Next year is a "where's the beef?" draft for us IMO. Maybe the defensive secondary again if Ty Law has a chance at the megabux elsewhere. Of course if Pouha turns into a monster....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

But who do you think will available at #32?

If thats the case my Dick will get a raise....Dick Curl that is

Undrafted Free Agent
    It is a bit early to discuss the 06 draft but i will say this...Some people love the draft and love draft talk..Is there really a crime in discussing who we might pick or what position we might take in 06?? There really isnt...
    i dont' think anyone did say there was a problem with it....personally i don't see the point because you have no idea where your drafting and who the real prospects are

Hall Of Fame
    I think the 2007 draft is the draft we draft a blue-chip RB. Blaylock is more of the backup, Kevin Faulk type, and Curtis will be 34 by then and his cap hit will be relativly managable.

Veteran
    I'm throwing an 8 year contract to Shawn Alexander and forgeting about RB troubles for the next 3/4 decade.