Thread: Pennington misdiagnosed....

Banned

Pennington misdiagnosed....

All League
    what the hell are you talking about this says nothing new

Veteran
    the title of this thread better change quickly, either that, or it should be deleted altogether...

Rookie

don't write misleading titles

Quote from same article....Sources close to Pennington said Monday night that Andrews has told the sixth-year pro to retain some hope, since Andrews has seen rotator injuries that were misdiagnosed in the past. Clearly, though, the situation is a dicey one for Pennington and the Jets. Even the source close to Pennington allowed things "don't sound good."

it's more likley than not that he's done.

Hall Of Fame
    i'm not even gonna read the artcile attached but let me guess...Dr Andrews said keep some hope till his evaluation because alot of rotator injuries are misdiagnosed, right???

thats old news man, thats what second opinions are for

but the chances that a recently repaired tear is misdiagnosed as a tear again are slim to none...he's done forever

Veteran
    Charter JI Member

Andrews cautioned that Monday's MRI results could actually show Pennington damaged scar tissue from his earlier surgery, which would not be as serious. Andrews said he hopes that new tests taken Tuesday will determine whether Pennington sustained a rotator cuff tear

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jimEjet25
    Well I'll believe this when I see it. Still, best case scenario even if Penny was misdiagnosed, he still can't throw the ball and is in extreme pain. He needs to spend time on the bench rehabbing the shoulder.....he's just hurting the team right now.

Waterboy
    That title is GARBAGE. That story has been on ESPN since early this morning and was updated at 10:30. Why would you start a misleading thread like that??

Veteran
    Charter JI Member

How is it misleading? Read the part I quoted.

I don't think anyone should get their hopes up, but there is a chance it may not be as severe as believed.

Edit: Yeah, add a "Possiby", and then it will be fine.
    Last edited by Lady Jet; 09-27-2005 at 11:49 AM.

Waterboy
    It's misleading because if you look at the title, it says, "Pennington misdiagnosed." Of course it's possible. That's why athletes with serious injuries get second opinions 99% of the time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

And Dr Henry Lee said there was a chance OJ didn't do it!! Pay a DR
    enough and you'll hear or get what your looking for..

Veteran
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jvil
    It's misleading because if you look at the title, it says, "Pennington misdiagnosed." Of course it's possible. That's why athletes with serious injuries get second opinions 99% of the time.
    Yeah, I missed that when I first posted. I think a mod should add "Possible" to the thread title and then it will be fine.

Again, I don't think anyone should get their hopes up, but ya never know.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jet
    Andrews cautioned that Monday's MRI results could actually show Pennington damaged scar tissue from his earlier surgery, which would not be as serious. Andrews said he hopes that new tests taken Tuesday will determine whether Pennington sustained a rotator cuff tear
    I heard about this and that's actaully our own glimmer of hope if you want to see Chad back on the field again this year. That's if you want to hope.