Thread: Stop feeling so sorry for yourselves!

Stop feeling so sorry for yourselves!

Listen everyone i know we're all depressed and sad that the Jets season might be over this year, big deal! we waited all these seasons might as well wait one more. We have a young defense, a really good one at that, they'll be back next year just as strong. Curtis is ageless, he might be slipping but with Chad probobaly cut we will have alot more money to sign a good RB, or draft one out of the first round if we don't go after a QB.

It's not the end of the world! Their is freiking genocide on this planet going on right now, this counrty is still fighting a war, alot more serious things we should be depressed about than football, nevermind the fact that there is a 29 year old man with so much promise may never be able to use his shoulder correctly again.

Get back to reality, don't let this loss get in the way of your evey day life. On Any Given Sunday anything can happen, so i hope to see the rest of you at the stadium at every home game this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Do you know anything about football, the salary cap, or anything related to either?

Thanks For Ruinging My Attempt To Have A Motivation Speech. A$$hole!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrPink07036
    You didn't need my help, but you are welcome.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    Do you know anything about football, the salary cap, or anything related to either?
    wow, not even half empty? All empty?

I don't think so guys, no matter what a season is not over in 3 games.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPink07036

This is the tried and true way to start every motivational speech -

" Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NOOOO!"

Charter JI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaynard
    This is the tried and true way to start every motivational speech -

" Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NOOOO!"
    my advice is to start drinking heavily

Veteran
    yeah, man...life goes on.

who knows maybe with a little luck the Jets can be 8-8 and lose out on a top 10 draft pick. Sorry.

anyway... If you have ever been on a team you know you just have to tighten the belt, snap the chipstrap, and go out and play the games on the schedule. It's alot like life.

"Perseverence and spirit have done wonders in all ages." George Washington

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You're talking to a bunch of posters who have endured the Lou Holtz and Rich Kotite years. We know from lost causes and this is just another one.

Rookie
    There's only one thing to do.....TOGA!!!!!

GO JETS!

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan_toronto_canada
    wow, not even half empty? All empty?

I don't think so guys, no matter what a season is not over in 3 games.

Even at the most simplistic level, the season is over. Looking at our schedule, we pretty much had to win all of our home games, and then win the more obvious road games to be a serious contender with home field advantage into the playoffs. If a baseball season can come down to a single game, think about how important every game is in the NFL season. My point is, it's tough enough to win with your best players HEALTHY, it's impossible to win... I mean REALLY WIN... without your top two QBs. It's one huge flaw in the NFL. In every other sport, if your biggest player goes down, everyone else can pick up the pieces and move forward and do well. This is not the case in football.

Hall Of Fame
    The only difference between this Jet season and the last 35 seasons is we know we arenít going to the playoffs in week 3. We still donít know how each game will turn out and thatís good enough for me. Jets football on the tube or at the game, all the crappy food that I love, the long nap, the droning announcers the roar of the crowd will all still be there. Nothing has changed other than we know we probably arenít going to win a lot of games or go very far. We still donít know whether we will win or lose any particular game so suck it up my friends, itís all good, even the second guessing.

We are Jet fans reveal in the misery as you slop another burger on the grill. Curse youíre mother youíre father and that pr*ck Tom Brady for slinging another arrow into our heart. When all is said and done, there is always next year, another Namath, another Winston Hill, another SB is just a draft and FA singing away.