Thread: Last time the Jets played in Baltimore ...

All Pro

Last time the Jets played in Baltimore ...

Saw this interesting sidenote in a press release for Sunday's game - the last time the Jets played in Baltimore was the last Jets game before Edwards was hired as coach.

And if memory serves me right, Vinny was our QB that day and he had a nightmare game.

With the resigning of Vinny and so many people here screaming for Herm to go, I wonder what would the odds be on history repeating itself?

All Pro
    Vinny threw for something like 450 yds but was picked a few times including a killer right b/f the half that was returned for a TD. Stuill the real killer that day was special teams. They let up two punt returns for TDs.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Yeah, I remember that game all too well. It was on like Christmas Eve or somewhere in there, and the Jets had to win to get in the Playoffs, thanks to meltdowns in their 2 previous games. Just their luck they had to play a team that would eventually go on to win the SB, so it couldn't have been a worse situation for a must-win for the Jets. Anyway, at the start the Jets look like they're running Baltimore out of their own stadium, gaining huge chunks of yardage, including a long flea-flicker for a TD (Richie Anderson, I think). Then the wheels come off - Vinnie fumbles a snap; Martin gets stuffed in his own endzone for a safety, McAllister runs a pick back about 80 yards for a score just before the half, 2 returns for TDs. It turned into a nightmare. All that offense by the Jets but turnovers and STs did them in.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR
    Saw this interesting sidenote in a press release for Sunday's game - the last time the Jets played in Baltimore was the last Jets game before Edwards was hired as coach.

And if memory serves me right, Vinny was our QB that day and he had a nightmare game.

With the resigning of Vinny and so many people here screaming for Herm to go, I wonder what would the odds be on history repeating itself?
    I was at that game....only game I've evr seen live of my Jets......and yes, it was rough, the end of the Groh experiment.

All League
    I was there that day. As we were driving in for yet another score toward the end of the half, I turned to my friend and said, "Vinny just can't do anything stupid here. Let's take the FG into halftime." Not a minute later, Chris McCallister is galloping 95 yards down the sideline for a TD. That first half was Vinny T in microcosm.

Veteran
    on eof the worst Jets losses of all time.

up 14-0 in the first quarter.

vinny pick returned for a TD. two punt returns given up for TDs. Lost by 14.

Christmas 2000 sucked. Big time.

Veteran

The ravens have been notoriously bad for us

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon
    I was there that day. As we were driving in for yet another score toward the end of the half, I turned to my friend and said, "Vinny just can't do anything stupid here. Let's take the FG into halftime." Not a minute later, Chris McCallister is galloping 95 yards down the sideline for a TD. That first half was Vinny T in microcosm.

Anybody have the feeling that last year's whole season seemed to start sliding downhill right after ed reed picked off lamont jordan on the HB option?

Banned
    Well this week we'll be fine, cause we have no expectations

Banned
    Was that the same game that Vinny threw a 5 yrd out on like the 15, and it was a perfect strike to the DB and ended up a pick for six, we were about to wrap the game up, or am I just getting cofused with all the many other similar throws that end with the same fate.