Thread: Billick Reading JI?

Undrafted Free Agent

Billick Reading JI?

For as much as I am NOT a Brian Billick fan, I totally agree with his synopsis portrayed in this article.

The sky is not falling! Although we have been dealt our [un]fair share of problems - as b*tched and moaned about here daily - there is HOPE. Maybe not immediate hope, but IMO a step back to take a step forward:

- Chad can hopefully fully recover
    - We can actually go "vertical"
    - Opposing defenses cannot sit on "known" routes & keep defenses guessing
    - More mobility at QB
    - Fabini going where he belongs at RT (fingers crossed for AJ at LT)

All can lend itself to keep the O on the field longer than 16 minutes a game!

Keep the faith ALL.

Billick Story

Hall Of Fame
    he's just trying to avoid a trap game....which may be the best thing we have going for us, no one takes us seriously anymore....

Undrafted Free Agent
    Hopefully your assumption is correct. We need all the help we can get!

All League
    Can you paste the article so we don't have to sign up for their web site? Thanks

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise
    he's just trying to avoid a trap game....which may be the best thing we have going for us, no one takes us seriously anymore....
    A trap game? They are 0-2 and scored 17 points this season.
    Even with Rick Meier at QB the Jets can win this game.

Undrafted Free Agent

Posted article

Ravens coach Brian Billick has grown tired of media reports portraying the New York Jets as a team in crisis.

Before taking any questions yesterday, he opened his session with the media by saying, "Tomorrow, we're going to take up a donation for the New York Jets' relief fund. Because based on what I'm reading and hearing, I can't imagine these guys showing up. Good lord, I can't turn on the TV without seeing [hurricanes] Katrina, Rita, and oh my God, the Jets. I'm digging in my pockets for money."

The Jets are expected to play the Ravens at M&T Bank Stadium on Sunday without their top two quarterbacks (Chad Pennington and Jay Fiedler), a starting outside linebacker (Eric Barton) and possibly their best offensive tackle (Jason Fabini).

Former third-string quarterback Brooks Bollinger will make his first NFL start. That led the New York Post to call the Jets "the undisputed champions of the league in quarterback calamity."

Billick said his comments were a response to the media writing off the Jets and were not intended to disrespect the team.

"I know the Jets aren't thinking that way," Billick said. "[Running back] Curtis Martin is going to show up. [Center] Kevin Mawae is going to be there. [Cornerback] Ty Law is going to be there."

Asked if the circumstances - which include the Ravens being a seven-point favorite - could cause this to become a trap game for them, Billick said, "Only if we let it. Only if we believe what we read and see. I know the Jets aren't feeling sorry for themselves. I know the resolve that team has. That's a good football team."

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by JetStream
    Can you paste the article so we don't have to sign up for their web site? Thanks
    http://www.bugmenot.com

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstrange
    Thanks GreenT

Not sure whatrthe link is that mrstrange put there, can't get to it from work...