Thread: OT:jones vs Tarver III

Veteran

OT:jones vs Tarver III

Tarver in 5

can someone update round by round when it starts?

Veteran
    8th now. 1st few rounds were slow going to tarver. from the 3rd through 7 lots of action split between jones and tarver. this is going the distance.

jones is doing a lot of showboating. showing his toungue, punching his own foot, dancing...tons of crap, not much punchng.
    Last edited by SINYJets; 10-02-2005 at 12:34 AM.

All League
    Bump...anyone have any updates??? Thanks

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)

Jones should hang it up...great career and all...not the same fighter though.

Hall Of Fame
    Tarver won by decision after 12, almost had Jones down in the 11th. They both barely fought, another waste of $50.00.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)

thanks...I'm sure glad i did not purchase it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak

thanks...I'm sure glad i did not purchase it.

Jones showboated all fight long, his corner absolutely sucks. They gave him no pointers at all. I wish Tarver would of knocked his *** out earlier. After the 11th Round beating he took, he honestly looked like he didn't know where he was. But other then that round, the fight was nothing special at all.

Practice Squad
    You can see by Jones' reaction during the post-match interviews that inside his bruised and warped mind, he thinks because he lost by decision and not KO that he won some kinda personal victory. He made no attempt in the 12th to score a knock-out knowing he was losing the majority of the previous rounds. Modern professional boxing is such a farce. How many more PPVs must we be ripped off by before we as the public realize that this sh*t is a joke.

All League
    this was a horrible fight..jones was pathetic the whole fight...its a damn shame what jones has become....

Im glad I didnt get this one. People need to realize that guys like Jones are washed up and he is fighting for his paycheck. He knows his legacy is set. Buying these fights for people who were good years ago is just not worth it. the more we buy it the more they come back and rob us some more.

Hall Of Fame
    i'm waiting for corrales castillo

at least it sounds better than the Chris Byrd fight i fell asleep watching on SHO

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Addict SouthFL
    Jones showboated all fight long, his corner absolutely sucks. They gave him no pointers at all. I wish Tarver would of knocked his *** out earlier. After the 11th Round beating he took, he honestly looked like he didn't know where he was. But other then that round, the fight was nothing special at all.
    This has been Jones's problem for the last few years. Alton Merkerson has taken his career down the drain. Roy was unstoppable when Roy Jones Sr. was training him, because his dad wouldn't settle for "any" imperfection.

btw..Sugar Shane Mosley should've learned that same lesson. Stick with your father.