Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53

Thread: College Quaterbacks

  1. #1
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16

    College Quaterbacks

    What guys should I be watching on saturday? Who do you think the jets might be looking into getting, or you would like the Jets to get next year.

  2. #2
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Palm Harbor , FL
    Posts
    457
    Brode Croyle from bama if he can stay healthy , The Kid has it all . Hes a leader and has a great arm that can make all the throws .. Just ask the Gators

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkidd85
    What guys should I be watching on saturday? Who do you think the jets might be looking into getting, or you would like the Jets to get next year.
    I like Vince Young, but I wouldn't watch any college QB in hopes they'll become a Jet. Good college QB's don't necessarily turn into good pro QB's (just ask Cleveland).

    The Jets need to take a page out of the Pats and/or San Antonio Spurs recruiting manual. Both of those organizations consistently recruit talented players at very reasonable salaries.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hauppauge, New York
    Posts
    1,468
    Drew Stanton from Michigan State(see sig below)

    i am huge on this guy

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkidd85
    What guys should I be watching on saturday? Who do you think the jets might be looking into getting, or you would like the Jets to get next year.
    Forget Vince Young. Look at Rhett Bomar, redshirt freshman, the Oklahoma QB who can't be in this years draft, but is eligible in the following draft. He was the top rated QB coming out of High School and was the 2nd highest rated player regardless of position in that class.

    Saturday's Red River Shootout in Dallas betwenn the Longhorns and Sooners will have a lot of future NFL players on display including two QB's.

  6. #6
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16
    thanks alot, ill keep my eyes open.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toledo Area, Ohio
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkidd85
    thanks alot, ill keep my eyes open.
    Watch Omer Jacobs from Bowling Green. He is huge, great arm and can run like the wind .....right now he is a sleeper in the draft, but once the workouts come around I believe you will see him ascend ala Big Ben (similar since both are from the MAC Conference)

  8. #8
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Lincoln Park, NJ
    Posts
    103
    drew stanton of msu, matt leinary of usc, vince young of texas, charlie whitehurst of clemson, omar jacobs of bowling green, marcus vick of Vtech, chris leak of florida... etc etc.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,232
    ATl- glad to see you have joined me on the Brodie Croyle train. We should start a fan club or somethin...

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    22,746
    Quote Originally Posted by zonajetfan
    Watch Omer Jacobs from Bowling Green. He is huge, great arm and can run like the wind .....right now he is a sleeper in the draft, but once the workouts come around I believe you will see him ascend ala Big Ben (similar since both are from the MAC Conference)
    I've talked to some people who think by draft day he will be neck and neck with Leinart.

  11. #11
    Get real. The Jets will not be drafting a QB in the early rounds. There is a chance they would use a 5th or 6th round pick on a qb to develop, but in the Jets minds they have their QB's. Fiedler will hold the job until it is clear that Penington will either return or is done. I could even see the Jets having Fiedler play all or most of next season waiting for Chad to be fully recovered. This is why we signed Fiedler. The FO knew that most QB's with a torn rotator cuff need one full year to recover. Management is not going to bail on Pennington now. They've got a lot of money tied up in him and the LAST thing they would want to do would be to cut him loose and have him turn up in late '06 or '07 with another team playing at a high level.

  12. #12
    1) Brady Quinn (Notre Dame, Junior)
    2) Drew Stanton (Michigan State)
    3) Sam Keller (Arizona State)
    4) Brodie Coyle (Alabama; mid round pick; injury concerns)
    5) Justin Holland (Colorado St; good arm/tools; mid to late round pickup)

    Other Prospects: Vince Young and athletic qbs (question about passing ability/accuracy)

    Then, you have the decent stat guys against weak college programs (Cutler, etc. ... how do they do against good college defenses).

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    4,732
    dj shockley of georgia...has a huge test this week against tennesse...

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta
    drew stanton of msu, matt leinary of usc, vince young of texas, charlie whitehurst of clemson, omar jacobs of bowling green, marcus vick of Vtech, chris leak of florida... etc etc.
    Stanton, Young, Vick and Jacobs would be nice picks.

    Whitehurst is God-awful. I wouldn't pick him.

    Leak looks good and all, but Florida QBs have a tendency to suck in the pros. It's kind of like RBs that come out Penn State, which is something us Jets fans are familiar with.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3,033
    Jay Cutler - Vanderbilt


    Not sure if hes on TV this weekend but definitly recomment watching him whenever you get the chance.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by inchadwetrust
    1) Brady Quinn (Notre Dame, Junior)
    2) Drew Stanton (Michigan State)
    3) Sam Keller (Arizona State)
    4) Brodie Coyle (Alabama; mid round pick; injury concerns)
    5) Justin Holland (Colorado St; good arm/tools; mid to late round pickup)

    Other Prospects: Vince Young and athletic qbs (question about passing ability/accuracy)

    Then, you have the decent stat guys against weak college programs (Cutler, etc. ... how do they do against good college defenses).
    I definitely take Brady Quinn, over any other QB if he is available. He's playing well in a prostyle offense whose plays are being called by MR WEIS.

    Plus I think it's interesting that his first name is BRADY, possibly an omen?

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3,033
    Quote Originally Posted by inchadwetrust
    1) Brady Quinn (Notre Dame, Junior)
    2) Drew Stanton (Michigan State)
    3) Sam Keller (Arizona State)
    4) Brodie Coyle (Alabama; mid round pick; injury concerns)
    5) Justin Holland (Colorado St; good arm/tools; mid to late round pickup)

    Other Prospects: Vince Young and athletic qbs (question about passing ability/accuracy)

    Then, you have the decent stat guys against weak college programs (Cutler, etc. ... how do they do against good college defenses).


    Justin Holland is terrible. Ive always watched Colorado State since i almost went to school there and belive me. He isnt someone you want the Jets to get, he has a cannon for an arm but thats it. He makes stupid passes and isnt accurate at all.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,430
    Quote Originally Posted by DE94Abraham
    Jay Cutler - Vanderbilt


    Not sure if hes on TV this weekend but definitly recomment watching him whenever you get the chance.
    The Vandy game is on espn2 at 7.
    This game will be a real test for them.

  19. #19
    That's why Holland will be a later round pick ... probably worth somebody to bring in ... and see if he can develop. He's got the physical ability. Obviously a couple year project for anybody that takes him.

    I think Brady Quinn will be the guy to draft ... the guy who be quickest to adapt to the role of starter in the nfl.

    I think Keller and Stanton will adapt well too. Brodie Coyle ... if he can stay healthy


    Quote Originally Posted by DE94Abraham
    Justin Holland is terrible. Ive always watched Colorado State since i almost went to school there and belive me. He isnt someone you want the Jets to get, he has a cannon for an arm but thats it. He makes stupid passes and isnt accurate at all.

  20. #20
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Palm Harbor , FL
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider
    ATl- glad to see you have joined me on the Brodie Croyle train. We should start a fan club or somethin...
    Heck yeah man , Brode is the real deal . And wheres # 12 cause of Namath .

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us