Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nugent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Pro

Nugent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm I the only wishing we had that pick back? Good Grief.

All Pro
    in one of his first inteviews he said that if he was our Fg kicker in Pittsburgh we would have won - then he said that he has ice water in his blood -

Hey Nugent you need a transfusion

All Pro
    Well at least Jolley is playing well. Maybe there will be one game where both parts of that trade perform well.

Rookie
    Yeah I'm in shock. The last one looked like he rushed it as the def. was about to block. When he rushes the ball comes off his foot really funky. When he is not rushed he hits em dead straight.

He has the best kicking stroke I've ever seen. I'm not worried about him - YET.

Hall Of Fame
    this game should've been over at 20 - 9. Nugent needs to help us out here!!!

Banned
    Man I thought this kid would be great.

Hall Of Fame
    Unless he is near perfect for the rest of the year this looks like a very bad draft pick.

All League
    Still early, but it is rather disappointing considering all the hype that surrounded the guy.

I have faith, but he's gonns start hearing it if he continues to miss those "chip shots."

Somehwere Brien is smiling to himself.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99
    Still early, but it is rather disappointing considering all the hype that surrounded the guy.

I have faith, but he's gonns start hearing it if he continues to miss those "chip shots."

Somehwere Brien is smiling to himself.
    I don't know what the problem is till I see the replay...Hope it is only the rookie jitters

Practice Squad
    That ******* cost me 300 bucks

Veteran
    The kicker has NO BUSINESS practicing anywhere but at the meadowlands.

I'd send him to NJ and make him kick from the 50 all day every day every week.

Hall Of Fame
    his kickoffs suck too!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet
    his kickoffs suck too!
    I need to hear a few:

"Well, TX was absolutely correct on this one. There is no way the Jets should have wasted a 2nd round pick on a friggn' kicker".

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    I need to hear a few:

"Well, TX was absolutely correct on this one. There is no way the Jets should have wasted a 2nd round pick on a friggn' kicker".
    Yeah you were the only person on the planet that said it was possibly a dubious pick.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I need to hear a few:

Well, TX was absolutely correct on this one. There is no way the Jets should have wasted a 2nd round pick on a friggn' kicker".

All League
    Too many of our fans tore into O'brien. Thank heavens I wasn't one of them. That being said I will not tear into this kid yet but duh herm and his crew better get into this kid head real quick. We could very well have lost this game because of him.

All Pro

Cool

thank god there is a thread devoted to this clown. I nearly lost my lunch when the 2nd one was no where near the uprights. he made this game way more nerveracking then it had to be. when he's asked about the game he should just say "I sucked. There's no way to defend it. I will put this behind me and thank god my poor play didn't cost us a game".

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I need to hear a few:

Excuse ME Mr. Tex. But some Jets fans were ahead of even YOU on this one. And you and I both know who that would be....

As it is, he's a Jet now. The choice was made, and he is our kicker, and we'll never get that pick back, so we better just deal with it. So I'm hoping he rebounds, and gets his crap together, and makes progress the rest of this season. 4 Games, no matter how bad, do not a career make.

Hall Of Fame

Brien Stinks, It's Still Early for Nugent...

Brien has been horrible for the Bears, so there is no loss there for the Jets. Nugent had a bad game. So what? It should have been 20-9 yadayadayada. The Jets were 4 point dogs at game time and won outright so for anyone who bet on them won cash, so give it a rest.

And really, who cares what PatFanTX says about the Jets. He should listen to his Messiah Tom Brady and talk about his own team.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    Excuse ME Mr. Tex. But some Jets fans were ahead of even YOU on this one. And you and I both know who that would be....

As it is, he's a Jet now. The choice was made, and he is our kicker, and we'll never get that pick back, so we better just deal with it. So I'm hoping he rebounds, and gets his crap together, and makes progress the rest of this season. 4 Games, no matter how bad, do not a career make.
    Fish,

I know you were in the same corner as me on draft day.

He's gotta get this crap out of his head real quickly.

I have never doubted his physical ability, but kicking in the NFL with all that pressure is 75% mental and 25% physical skills.

That's why UDFA kickers can succeed in the NFL, they have mental toughness even though they may have less physical skills.