Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd down to Coles

JetsInsider.com Legend

3rd down to Coles

this was IMO the play of the game - in tight coverage, on a key play - Coles SQUEEZED that ball - all about heart!

after that they were able to burn the clock down to a minute... was a key catch.

Ballsy call and a great play by Coles & Vinny

Rookie
    p.s.- Santana is having a GREAT year...but he ain't catching that one.

Awesome catch. I hope he keeps playing like that, because we're a little thin at WR and some are suffering from DJS (Darrell Jackson Syndrome).

All League
    great play. My favorite play was on the next third down where Vinny slid instead of throwing the ball....so smart!!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsflagboyz
    great play. My favorite play was on the next third down where Vinny slid instead of throwing the ball....so smart!!!
    that play was awsome...

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti
    this was IMO the play of the game - in tight coverage, on a key play - Coles SQUEEZED that ball - all about heart!

after that they were able to burn the clock down to a minute... was a key catch.
    Coles should have been called for offensive pass interference on that play , as he clearly pushed off. (IF were talking about the same play) Watch the replay again and you will see for yourself. Coles Pushed the CB and than R barber who was coming over,( slipped )and Coles was able to make a very nice catch.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 10-10-2005 at 05:34 PM.

All League

No doubt about it. 100% the play of the game was that play. Shades of 98 on that play I tell you.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175
    Coles should have been called for offensive pass interference on that play , as he clearly pushed off. (IF were talking about the same play) Watch the replay again and you will see for yourself. Coles Pushed the CB and than R barber who was coming over,( slipped )and Coles was able to make a very nice catch.
    If you're going to argue about missed calls, how about this one:

Ronde Barber shouldn't have even been in the game at that point. A swing is a swing, doesn't matter who got hit, he intended to strike someone (notice the closed fist for further proof).

The play was the epitome of what Coles is all about. A tough WR who will go up for the ball in traffic. Even my girlfriend said that was a really good play (she's learning fast).

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by adione718
    that play was awsome...
    That play nearly caused me to drop my beer (nearly) and make sure that it was actually Vinny Testaverde wearing old number 16. I've watched Vinny play for a long, long time, and I'll be the first to say that in every season except 1998 and apparently 2005, Vinny tosses that ball up for an INT instead of being smart and sliding.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

Ronde Barber shouldn't have even been in the game at that point. A swing is a swing, doesn't matter who got hit, he intended to strike someone (notice the closed fist for further proof).

The play was the epitome of what Coles is all about. A tough WR who will go up for the ball in traffic. Even my girlfriend said that was a really good play (she's learning fast).

Im not really arguing about miss calls, as I could care less if Tampabay won or loss. R Barber should have been ejected from that game.(agreed) Point was that REFs blew that call ,as Coles defintely pass interference. NFl needs to get fulltime Refs, as these old timers can't keep up with the speed of todays players. What gets me is a lesser Wr like C Oles gets away with a clear push and one top Wrs Randy Moss ,gets called for Pass ingterference call, on phantom push. Thats where i have the problem.
    Also In Miami game. Dolphins got a bad call on a taunting penalty when WR stuck ball out there, after scoring TD. I ve seen more WRs, do alot more and not get called. Either call it everytime a knuckhead does any celebration or put your flag back in your pants.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 10-10-2005 at 05:59 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Im not really arguing about miss calls, as I could care less if Tampabay won or loss. R Barber should have been ejected from that game.(agreed) Point was that REFs blew that call ,as Coles defintely pass interference. NFl needs to get fulltime Refs, as these old timers can't keep up with the speed of todays players
    Fair enough.

All Pro
    I remember that one clearly. I really thought we would have been nailed with a Pass Interference call. It would have been just our luck like those interceptions we had taken away.

All Pro

nice picture. Gonna e-mail that to my son. Thanks

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by soppel
    I live in the DC area and thats all I hear is how they got the better deal. no problem I'll take Coles any day. He played like a beast with Vinny "the beastmaster" Testerverde at the healm.

Hall Of Fame
    Ronde Barber has absolutely NO right to complain about non-calls from that game. None whatsoever.

This is football, not tennis. J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

Got that right. His pick shouldn't count. Speaking of crap calls. The ruffing the passer call on Ellis was crazy. He didnt extend his arms,,,,he barely touched him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by soppel
    really really good point

Veteran
    this was IMO the play of the game
    I agree, nice throw by Vinny and nice catch by Coles...

Undrafted Free Agent
    LIDEADHEAD - - - Gotta love that Sig. dude