Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT-Downloading music

Veteran

OT-Downloading music

I've been using itunes, but their selection leaves alot to be desired. There are many songs and bands not on itunes. Are there other sites which have a wider variety?

All Pro
    Yes

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades
    Yes
    youre a funny guy

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sect112row36
    youre a funny guy
    LOL thanks, but seriously, it all depends on what kind of music you are looking for. Rhapsody, Walmart.com, napster.com have decent selections. Also go to the online store section in Media Player 10 and see what is there. Just do some searching using google or msn.

Waterboy
    try limewire.com

download the application and you can basically get anything your heart desires when it comes to music...

JetsInsider.com Legend

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by md4runner
    try limewire.com

download the application and you can basically get anything your heart desires when it comes to music...
    Illegally. I think he was looking for legal sites. Also note that Liwewire installs adware and will be trargeted for lawsuits by the RIAA shortly just like they went after the other peer to peer systems.

Veteran
    yes trades-thanks-I dont care about the $-I prefer to do it legally
    looking for stuff from dream theater, liquid tension experiment-prog metal stuff
    itunes is very limited, I'll try these other sites.

All League
    Excellent choices, although the Liquid Tension Experiment has some questionable stuff. If you put the best material from their 2 discs together, you have one supurb cd.

All Pro
    Illegally. I think he was looking for legal sites. Also note that Liwewire installs adware and will be trargeted for lawsuits by the RIAA shortly just like they went after the other peer to peer systems.
    Because of the current payola debate going on thier is no reason we should not be able to download and limewire is great.........just turn off your file sharing and it can't come back to you....besides half these groups would not be as popular as they are now without the payola that was going on........Record companies pay in gifts and other bribes to spin thier songs more than other ones...........that is why when you listen to a radio station for like more than two hours you will hear the same songs at the same time........it has nothing to do with format.......so if we are making these groups more money than they should be allowed to get then we have a right to download thier music IMO.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade
    Because of the current payola debate going on thier is no reason we should not be able to download and limewire is great.........just turn off your file sharing and it can't come back to you....besides half these groups would not be as popular as they are now without the payola that was going on........Record companies pay in gifts and other bribes to spin thier songs more than other ones...........that is why when you listen to a radio station for like more than two hours you will hear the same songs at the same time........it has nothing to do with format.......so if we are making these groups more money than they should be allowed to get then we have a right to download thier music IMO.
    I follow your logic but that doesn't justify stealing. What it does justify is boycotting the people/companies invloved, writing politicians, joining with or starting a group that are fighting the cause you expouse or protesting the activity in some other legal way. Not to be to corny byt 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I used to go to Kazaa but my provider started banning users that connected with it...

All Pro
    I follow your logic but that doesn't justify stealing. What it does justify is boycotting the people/companies invloved, writing politicians, joining with or starting a group that are fighting the cause you expouse or protesting the activity in some other legal way. Not to be to corny byt 2 wrongs don't make a right.
    That's like saying that when you were younger and you borrowed your cousins cassette tape and taped it......Technically that is stealing to but........same with downloading its as if you borrowed a disc from a friend and recorded it........people are getting to technical about it..........it doesn't hinder anyone from going to concerts or buying the cd's if they really like them

All League
    That's like saying that when you were younger and you borrowed your cousins cassette tape and taped it......Technically that is stealing to but........same with downloading its as if you borrowed a disc from a friend and recorded it........people are getting to technical about it..........it doesn't hinder anyone from going to concerts or buying the cd's if they really like them
    I'm not judging either way, but it's not really the same thing. Millions of people didn't have instant access to your cousin's tape.

Rookie
    that is why when you listen to a radio station for like more than two hours you will hear the same songs at the same time........it has nothing to do with format
    Sorry dude, I've been a radio DJ for 15+ years. Though there are instances of payola within the business, you're totally off with this generalization. Radio stations have high repetition on certain songs because the average listener only has the radio on approx 15 min's at a time, and the odds of someone hearing that song is improved by the higher frequency of that song... not some money-driven conspiracy.

Rookie
    go with limewire, you get any music you want plus any movie you want to, and no viruses unlike kazaa

Board Moderator
    Charter JI Member

allofmp3.com is legal... in russia... songs are like $0.07 a piece...

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by isired
    allofmp3.com is legal... in russia... songs are like $0.07 a piece...

No Sh** I just checked this out, your right, very cheap. I didn't try to buy anything or download, how is the service? I don't see how they can offer these downloads this cheap?

Board Moderator
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by CORJET19
    No Sh** I just checked this out, your right, very cheap. I didn't try to buy anything or download, how is the service? I don't see how they can offer these downloads this cheap?
    not all countries have copyright law... in thailand, i think, you can buy a DVD with installers for hundreds of programs (microsoft, adobe, etc.) worth thousandes of dollars for <$100.

that doesn't mean it's legal to install it on a computer in the U.S.

Same goes for music downloads, I would think - just because they can offer the service, doesn't necessarily mean you can download over a U.S. line onto a computer located in the U.S.

Banned
    get a mac, takes care of adware and spyware