Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the guys putting this on Herm

All Pro

For the guys putting this on Herm

can you guys tell me why?

Hall Of Fame
    Totally unprepared team that had NO gameplan.

Tell me what the gameplan was?

I dont think anoyone is puuting this solely on Herm, but you cant say the team was prepared for this one today., The loss goes on everyone on his staff and just about everyone on the team. McCareins, Testeverde, and Martin may have been the only guys to show up looking to play.

Undrafted Free Agent
    honestly except for some coaching blunders... ie... kicking off to that dude (kick it in the endzone or kick it short.. dont let that guy beat you) i dont blame the coach. he is delt a very bad hand. the players he has are just very subpar.

Veteran
    he never gives us an edge he is an awful coach.....never guves us an edge...we are down a TD basically ever game before we start..he has replaced alll his coaches needs dick curl to tell him what to do and is a preacher at best!

Quote Originally Posted by LesterLyles

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Totally unprepared team that had NO gameplan.

Tell me what the gameplan was?
    Huh? GAme plan waas a blanced attack of run and pass. Unfortunately, the line didn't give Vinny enough time, the D didn't tackle too well in spots and Vinny had some bad decisions/exchanges. Hard to put this on Herm. Sure, anytime you lose, the coach must take responsibility but many of the naysauyers are talking about how awful the coaches were today...I just don't see it.

Rookie
    This game cant be blamed on herm as much as ,,,, lets say the last 7 losses could be. But you saying , why blame Herm ??? Makes me ask, can you ever blame him???? If his attributes are being a guy that always gets the team to play hard , never quit. And supposedly he motivates them to play better then they actually are. Well then...

Next coach please.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    people hate Herm and will look for any reason to criticise him.

Hall Of Fame
    this wasn't herm's loss. the defense was dominated, and vinny threw his interceptions as usual. both ints killed them.

noone should be surprised at what happened today. the bills nearly always beat us in buffalo, and magahee is a stud.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti
    You need only to open your eyes. Grasshopper.

Practice Squad
    Very true but sometimes you don't have to look very far to find something to criticize.

Veteran
    While I agree that this cannot be put solely on Herms shoulders, the buck does stop with him. I mean I have only one question.

HOW DOES A TEAM ACTUALLY PLAY WORSE THAN THE WEEK BEFORE, especially when there is a shot at tying for the division lead?

Herm "master motivator", I think not. Its more like "masturbater".

How?

Thats why I put it on herm. I am sick and tired of this and I am sick and tired of telling myself that we may in some miraculous way have a shot. But no. Not at all.

Waterboy
    This particular loss isn't on Herm.

The fact that we go into every game with a disadvantage due to his poor in game coaching is on him.

Waterboy
    Herm is the HC, and after 5 years he should be held accountable for the teams performance.

This was a another pitiful effort in a huge game. That's what the Herm era will be remembered for.

All League
    Herm looks to be installing the bend but dont break defense again.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by LesterLyles

OK people its time to wake up. HERM is the problem. Like it has been said by many others on this board. Herm is clueless and lost when it comes to getting players to play for him.

This team needs to play with the fear of god in them. Herm, from what we can see is no disiplanarian. These players no they can come out and give a sh*t performance and know they will be on the field next week to do it all over again.

Herm commands no fear. I'm not saying by no means you lead by intimadation but you have to get the message to yours players that you need to perform to keep your job. We play the same players the same way every week.

Herm is afraid to mix things up. Your starters aren't getting it done put others in who can hope and try to play. What do you have to loose ??? Your doing nothing anyway.

Desparate times call for desperate measures. Its time to mix it up. This is a copy cat league and the Jets staff is not paying attention.

Give this team to a Parcells, Shanahan, Belicheck, or Reid and you will see a team play every play every quarter. You may get outplayed and get beat but it wouldn't be from lack of effort or being outcoached.

All I'm saying is this team has no fire, ambition, sense of urgency, or the absolute will to win because of HERM EDWARDS.

JMHO.

Rookie

Bit,

Do you seriously think he is helping this team ?? I don't mean this in a smartass way just a question.

Comments

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Bongi
    Bit,

Do you seriously think he is helping this team ?? I don't mean this in a smartass way just a question.

Comments
    I think he helps the team.

Lose!

Rookie
    I dont understand why everyone hates herm. He is an above average HC. Im not saying he is great or in the top 5, but he is up there. Sure herm makes mistakes, but every coach does. The Great tuna doesnt exactly have the best record down in dallas. If herm was fired he would be able to land another HC job anywhere. he could easily have 8 teams looking to hire him if he was fired. fans in NY only look at the negative side of things. You all over react when they loose, and over react when they win. for example everyone on this site in the offseason was screaming superbowl, but now u loose a few games and you want herms head? your all crazy

Hall Of Fame

There are as many Herm lovers as Herm haters. That doesn't change the fact that this team came out in two games so far this year and had their D blown off the field by teams running the ball down their throat in the first quarter.