Thread: Does Curtis quit after the first 25 yards?

All League

Does Curtis quit after the first 25 yards?

I've felt for 3 years now that when Curtis breaks one he basically doesnt turn on the afterburners and give that last defender a move in order to take it to the endzone. Lamont would have scored on that 49 yd run.

Veteran
    problem!...curtis doesnt have afterburners

Yes, Curtis Martin quits because he doesn't want to score.

He's a quitter.

Also,

The Jets season is OVER (even though they are only ONE game out of first place)

Herm is the worst coach in the NFL (even though he has a winning record)

This site is hysterical after a loss!

Hall Of Fame
    Curtis just does not have those afterburners or that extra gear.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetman73
    I've felt for 3 years now that when Curtis breaks one he basically doesnt turn on the afterburners and give that last defender a move in order to take it to the endzone. Lamont would have scored on that 49 yd run.
    DUMP!!!

Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Curtis just does not have those afterburners or that extra gear.
    The guy is 32 years old. Just what the hell do we expect? I was just happy to see him actually get into the secondary for a change. I have to give Curtis credit were due, but on both runs our OL opend up HUGE holes.

It kind of reminded me of the old Dallas Cowboys when Emmitt Smith would run about 10-15 yards before you even saw a defensive player come into view! Of course Emmit would typically score on those runs...

Practice Squad
    Well, there is one very distinct difference between Lamont and CMart, 6 years!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    The guy is 32 years old. Just what the hell do we expect? I was just happy to see him actually get into the secondary for a change. I have to give Curtis credit were due, but on both runs our OL opend up HUGE holes.

It kind of reminded me of the old Dallas Cowboys when Emmitt Smith would run about 10-15 yards before you even saw a defensive player come into view! Of course Emmit would typically score on those runs...
    what do i expect? i expect our starting rb to get a td when he breaks away.

All League
    If there is one thing that Curtis does not do, is quit
    this is a guy who played with 2 bad ankles, thru all kinds of pain...maybe he can only run so long on that knee he hurt, maybe it's still bothering him

Veteran
    curtis ran well today. actually wasn't "slow" in the open field like he's been in the past. stop complaining.

Veteran
    There is something to it. While not bashing curtis, he didn't make the open field moves today.

Veteran
    Curtis has NEVER been a shifty back and he doesn't have a "second" gear, he's a one speeder baby. He has also been a 5 yards and down back (meaning, 5 yard run up the middle, hit, goes down, repeat previous step, etc.)