Thread: Sam Adams Jumping the Count

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Sam Adams Jumping the Count

It seemed like 3 or 4 times yesterday, Sam Adams basically knew our snap count. IMO, he seemed offsides, but was only called for it once. he certainly caused Vinny's fumble in the 4th Quarter.

Anyone pick up something that Vinny/Mawae/Goodwin was doing to telegraph the count? I guess its possible that he was letting the clock go down to 1, letting everyone know that the snap was coming.

Either way, that's something that needs to be fixed.

Banned
    He was definetly jumping the count. Either Mawae does something to give it away or we just got too predictable. Seems like a couple of hard counts would've made him jump or at least kept him honest.

That sack where Vinny got sacked before handing off to Martin was crazy! I thought I was watching a game of Madden 05 for a second there.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino
    It seemed like 3 or 4 times yesterday, Sam Adams basically knew our snap count. IMO, he seemed offsides, but was only called for it once. he certainly caused Vinny's fumble in the 4th Quarter.

Anyone pick up something that Vinny/Mawae/Goodwin was doing to telegraph the count? I guess its possible that he was letting the clock go down to 1, letting everyone know that the snap was coming.

Either way, that's something that needs to be fixed.

Excellent point. I noticed it too. And Sam Adams is not exactly cat quick. Something was up.

Veteran
    i dont wanna get into that cause i almost broke the tv screen...the refs suk balls they are garbage...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaynard
    Excellent point. I noticed it too. And Sam Adams is not exactly cat quick. Something was up.
    Anyone see Chad or Brooks on the phone much yesterday?

dude i was wqatchin the game with my dad and brother and each and every one of us saw him jump off at least 6 times. But it wasn't just on defense. Watch him on that mcgahee run into the endzone when he's on the left side of the O line for the one play. He jumped off on that play too and cleared the hole for willis to score.

the refs were definetly gettin money from mularky

Veteran
    With that said, you think the Jets would have been smart enough to hard count them a few times......nope, not the Jets!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee_Jet
    With that said, you think the Jets would have been smart enough to hard count them a few times......nope, not the Jets!
    You would think so, right? The only explanation i can think of is that the play clock was down to 1. the crowd noise was giving Vinny problems and he already had 2 delay of game penalties. That would support the theory that in those times that Adams was seemingly across the line, the clock was down to 1 and he could time his movement with the clock and Vinny's cadence.

Any way you look at it, they need to work on it, and fast. Next week we are in a dome. It will be loud, even with the pathetic Atlanta fans.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan

Jets 7 penalties for 50 yards
    Bills 13 penalties for 99 yards

Dude, if you're going to make ridiculous accusations and whine about anti-Jet conspiracies at least try to make them sensible.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan
    dude i was wqatchin the game with my dad and brother and each and every one of us saw him jump off at least 6 times. But it wasn't just on defense. Watch him on that mcgahee run into the endzone when he's on the left side of the O line for the one play. He jumped off on that play too and cleared the hole for willis to score.

Jets 7 penalties for 50 yards
    Bills 13 penalties for 99 yards

Dude, if you're going to make ridiculous accusations and whine about anti-Jet conspiracies at least try to make them sensible.
    It's got nothing to do with conspiracy theories. The refs in the Jets-Bills game are flat out the worst in the league. That's Jeff Tripplett's crew. Triplette, you may remember, is the guy who took out Orlando Brown's eye with a flag, who screwed up the "Heads-Tails" overtime call on thanksgiving in the Steelers-Lions game, who called "illegal motion, on . . . uh . . . the tailback" to start the game, and if you saw any of the chargers-steelers game last week he was getting ripped up and down the field by the announcers(everytime he went to make a call they snickered and went "that's Triplette for you" or "this guy is ridiculous"). Here's a quote from another website:

Jeff Triplette was an embarrassment on MNF. He was nitpicky, as usual (he loves to be the star), and he probably cost the Chargers the game by ignoring a glaringly obvious facemaking penalty on the final play of the game. Had it been called the Chargers would have had one more play in Kaeding's field goal range.
    http://electriccommentary.blogspot.c...rts-notes.html

And check out this rant on triplette's officiating in the Colts-Browns game earlier this year: http://www.fanmonster.com/blogs/ace/...o=&select_case=

The guy should not be reffing pro football. period.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it
    It's got nothing to do with conspiracy theories. The refs in the Jets-Bills game are flat out the worst in the league. That's Jeff Tripplett's crew. Triplette, you may remember, is the guy who took out Orlando Brown's eye with a flag, who screwed up the "Heads-Tails" overtime call on thanksgiving in the Steelers-Lions game, who called "illegal motion, on . . . uh . . . the tailback" to start the game, and if you saw any of the chargers-steelers game last week he was getting ripped up and down the field by the announcers(everytime he went to make a call they snickered and went "that's Triplette for you" or "this guy is ridiculous"). Here's a quote from another website:

http://electriccommentary.blogspot.c...rts-notes.html

And check out this rant on triplette's officiating in the Colts-Browns game earlier this year: http://www.fanmonster.com/blogs/ace/...o=&select_case=

The guy should not be reffing pro football. period.
    Fair enough...Triplett and his crew suck...but that's a far cry from the idea that Mularkey was paying off the refs to give Buffalo twice as many penalties for twice as much yardage. My post was more of a friendly way of saying "stop whining".

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffboy
    Fair enough...Triplett and his crew suck...but that's a far cry from the idea that Mularkey was paying off the refs to give Buffalo twice as many penalties for twice as much yardage. My post was more of a friendly way of saying "stop whining".
    No, I agree with you completely. I was just looking for a thread - any thread - where I could vent about Triplette without completely hijacking it

Practice Squad
    I noticed it as well. Something was definitely wrong with that picture?