Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

Thread: Things We Now Know? Beginning With The Savior Vinny T.

  1. #1

    Things We Now Know? Beginning With The Savior Vinny T.

    I have to tell you that it really torques me off to have to write this because so many of the Jets Faithful here have such short term memories.

    It feels like deja vu all over again. We now know that, if we didn't already:

    1) V-INT-Y of STATUE-SQE quality still can't get it done with or without an offensive line.

    POINT: He makes you smile with that cannon, but makes you cry more often when he gives the game away with his bonehead INTs, fumbles off the snap.
    VINNY WAS NEVER able to win a game with his arm, but somehow we thought he might this time at 42.

    2) A MORE MOBILE QB is essential if we are to have a shot behind this O-LINE.

    POINT: THIS WAS EVIDENT BEFORE V-INT-Y showed us why Pennington took the job away from him EVEN THOUGH HE HAD HALF THE ARM.

    START BOLLINGER, QUINCY CARTER ANYONE?

    3) If you watched the game it was easy to get enamored with CURTIS of 2 40 yard runs. MAYBE EVEN THINK he is back. BUT take away the 2 runs (GIVEN TO US COURTESY OF 9 GUYS IN THE BOX, NO ONE IN THE SECONDARY) and he is averaging his -3 yds a carry.

    POINT: AGAIN, CURTIS WE LOVE YOU and will continue to do so if you choose to take a paycut and take a Marshall Faulk type role.

    4) THIS ORGANIZATION is more interested in damage control and public perception than actually winning.

    POINT: Bring back Vinny because the fans love him ( BADWAY: Season is lost but we can spin this one guys)

    V-INT-Y, V-INT-DY, V-INT-CY!!!

  2. #2
    Things I know:

    Fact: Bollinger sucks. Watching a game with him at the helm reminds me of watching a high school football game.

    Fact: At least the games are interesting to watch with Vinny at the helm. For a guy who was eating potato chips on his couch on Sundays just a few weeks ago he's doing better then anyone could have hoped.

    Fact: This season is not our year. We will be lucky to go 8-8 with Vinny. Over under right now would be 6 wins.

    Fact: If Bollinger were the starter we would lose every game for the rest of the season. He is terrible.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000
    Things I know:

    Fact: Bollinger sucks. Watching a game with him at the helm reminds me of watching a high school football game.

    Fact: At least the games are interesting to watch with Vinny at the helm. For a guy who was eating potato chips on his couch on Sundays just a few weeks ago he's doing better then anyone could have hoped.

    Fact: This season is not our year. We will be lucky to go 8-8 with Vinny. Over under right now would be 6 wins.

    Fact: If Bollinger were the starter we would lose every game for the rest of the season. He is terrible.
    Listen, Bolly may suck, but he did one thing Vinny hasn't been able to do. NOT TURN THE BALL OVER.

    "Vinny was sitting on his couch" So does this mean you're o.k. with whatever he gives us? Take a look at the stats, on turnover ratio. When you GIVE AWAY TWO turnovers the odds of winning are 1/3. <2 it is 60+%

    I mean, haven't we been asking for a QB that won;t give the game away. In the Trent Dilfer mold.

    I don't think Bolly got a fair shot, they hamstrung him not allowing any passes down the field.

    TELL ME THIS: How is it that V-INT-Y gets to throw the ball down the field even thought the GUY HAS TROWN MORE INTS THAN TDs in his career?

  4. #4
    When the defense puts the team in a position where they are down by two scores V int y is going to be forced to throw the ball. Its as simple as that. You say that Bollywood didn't turn the ball over?? Did you actually watch the game?? The guy didn't move the ball at all!! He never will. 3 and outs are just as bad as turnovers. At least Vinny drove us down the field before he turned the ball over. Gave the D some rest time. With Bollywood in there it'll be 3 and out every time. He sucks. Nice guy but terrible QB.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    4,091
    Quote Originally Posted by ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

    START BOLLINGER, QUINCY CARTER ANYONE?




    V-INT-Y, V-INT-DY, V-INT-CY!!!

    Did you watch Quincy play last year???

    he is as bad as Brooks!!!

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    11,692
    Quote Originally Posted by ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST
    Listen, Bolly may suck, but he did one thing Vinny hasn't been able to do. NOT TURN THE BALL OVER.

    "Vinny was sitting on his couch" So does this mean you're o.k. with whatever he gives us? Take a look at the stats, on turnover ratio. When you GIVE AWAY TWO turnovers the odds of winning are 1/3. <2 it is 60+%

    I mean, haven't we been asking for a QB that won;t give the game away. In the Trent Dilfer mold.

    I don't think Bolly got a fair shot, they hamstrung him not allowing any passes down the field.

    TELL ME THIS: How is it that V-INT-Y gets to throw the ball down the field even thought the GUY HAS TROWN MORE INTS THAN TDs in his career?
    Look - Vinny flat-out sucked this past game. You are right. He was AWFUL. He was a huge reason why they lost the game, period.

    But he has not thrown more INTs than TDs in his career. You are simply wrong on that.

    Vinny has at least led scoring drives. Bollinger didn't do that.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,055
    Quote Originally Posted by ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST
    Listen, Bolly may suck, but he did one thing Vinny hasn't been able to do. NOT TURN THE BALL OVER.
    so you 'd rather watch bollinger throw the ball away time and time again then watch vinny at least try to win the game? just plain stupid if you ask me.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jets5ever
    Look - Vinny flat-out sucked this past game. You are right. He was AWFUL. He was a huge reason why they lost the game, period.

    But he has not thrown more INTs than TDs in his career. You are simply wrong on that.

    Vinny has at least led scoring drives. Bollinger didn't do that.
    AGAIN, BOLLY WASN"T ALLOWED TO THROW THE BALL!!!

    BTW, Vinny has thrown 268 TDS and 258 INTs. So I was wrong, but not by much. How is it that you are so adamant that I am "simply wrong on that"?
    We're not talking Peyton Manning or Dan Marino here chief.

    Also, HOW MANY TDS has he thrown for this YEAR? 0 !! How many V-INT-Ys
    3!
    Yeah Vinny, KEEP DRINKING THE KOOL AID guys. FANS LIKE you allow this organization to get away with it's mistakes.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    6,230
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    so you 'd rather watch bollinger throw the ball away time and time again then watch vinny at least try to win the game? just plain stupid if you ask me.

    Let's all shut the hell up! Look, there is no savior QB out there righ now. If there was, maybe the Bears would have picked him up by now. We are stuck with what we have. It doesn't make a damn bit of difference if it is Bolly, Vinny or someone else. They all suck in one way or another. We need to deal with it.

  10. #10
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    Bolly sucks.
    Quincy is a crackhead.
    Vinnie is the path of least resistance.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,652
    GREAT post Dust. Bolly looked better against Baltimore and his WRs were terrible and he was harassed all day. The kid can at least read a defense and knows when to throw the ball away under pressure. He had three mistakes in the Baltimore game of note: 1) He ran out of bounds on a boot to the left instead of throwing the ball out of the endzone---loss of two. 2) He picked up the blitz on a 3rd and long but overthrew an open Coles. 3) He tripped over Martin (I think) when dropping back. That's it for a 3rd year kid with very little experience, no OL or WR support, and terrible---I mean TERRIBLE---playcalling. He was set up to fail. It is much easier, too, to stomach a young QB making YOUNG QB mistakes. It is sickening, however, to watch a veteran QB make young QB mistakes. But being erratic is Vinny's signature after all. It's time to play the kid. Vinny never should have been re-signed.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    5,161
    Say what you want about Vinny, he at least makes the games exciting to watch. 3rd and 10 used to mean get the punting team ready. Vinny gives us a chance and they are letting him throw the ball. The interceptions? Yeah. We knew that was Vinny's downside. Guess what? There are no other options. Bollinger is terrible and we are not picking up anything better than Vinny in the middle of the season.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by NOFX
    GREAT post Dust. Bolly looked better against Baltimore and his WRs were terrible and he was harassed all day. The kid can at least read a defense and knows when to throw the ball away under pressure. He had three mistakes in the Baltimore game of note: 1) He ran out of bounds on a boot to the left instead of throwing the ball out of the endzone---loss of two. 2) He picked up the blitz on a 3rd and long but overthrew an open Coles. 3) He tripped over Martin (I think) when dropping back. That's it for a 3rd year kid with very little experience, no OL or WR support, and terrible---I mean TERRIBLE---playcalling. He was set up to fail. It is much easier, too, to stomach a young QB making YOUNG QB mistakes. It is sickening, however, to watch a veteran QB make young QB mistakes. But being erratic is Vinny's signature after all. It's time to play the kid. Vinny never should have been re-signed.
    There you go, a voice of reason. I couldn't agree more. Watching a movie that seems like it has potential is much easier than watching the same movie with the same plot and the same bad ending.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaynard
    Say what you want about Vinny, he at least makes the games exciting to watch. 3rd and 10 used to mean get the punting team ready. Vinny gives us a chance and they are letting him throw the ball. The interceptions? Yeah. We knew that was Vinny's downside. Guess what? There are no other options. Bollinger is terrible and we are not picking up anything better than Vinny in the middle of the season.
    YOU SAID A MOUTHFUL THERE and I'm not sure you realize it. "they are letting him throw the ball." THIS IS REALLY ABOUT the coaching staff not allowing BOLLY a chance at being successful by opening up the offense and allowing him to throw some downfield to loosen up the defense.

    As far as the "Vinny gives us a chance". I respectfully and emphatically disagree. VINNY GIVE US HOPE, only to crush it.

    Vinny is a MUSTANG with a four cylinder. It looks awesome, but has trouble getting you up the hills and from point A to B.

    VINNY FOR COUCH POTATO OF THE YEAR!!

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,210
    I love Vinny, but really didn't want to see him back under center for the Jets. That said, after we lose our 6th or 7th game, the CS should do Vinny a favor and bench him for the rest of the season. Let him retire healthy. I'm afraid he will not make it through the whole season without getting hurt with our OLine.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    5,161
    Quote Originally Posted by ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST
    YOU SAID A MOUTHFUL THERE and I'm not sure you realize it. "they are letting him throw the ball." THIS IS REALLY ABOUT the coaching staff not allowing BOLLY a chance at being successful by opening up the offense and allowing him to throw some downfield to loosen up the defense.

    As far as the "Vinny gives us a chance". I respectfully and emphatically disagree. VINNY GIVE US HOPE, only to crush it.

    Vinny is a MUSTANG with a four cylinder. It looks awesome, but has trouble getting you up the hills and from point A to B.

    VINNY FOR COUCH POTATO OF THE YEAR!!
    They let Vinny throw the ball because they know what he can do. Sometimes it works (Tampa) and sometimes it doesn't (Buffalo). That's Vinny. They have seen Bollinger for three years and they know what he can do. Hold the clipboard and be paid minimum salary.

  17. #17
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Greensboro, N.C
    Posts
    350
    We all know the int. problems with Vinny, but he can win games for us. I also know it was seven years ago, but he won big games getting the Jets to the AFC Title game. I bet you all you posters weren't trashing him then. I'n my opinion he is the same QB he was seven years ago, good or bad. I still keep faith. He was put in a bad situation, flat out he can win us more games then any other QB option out there. That's what it's about trying to win games, not tanking the season, so the Jets can get a top three pick.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaynard
    They let Vinny throw the ball because they know what he can do. Sometimes it works (Tampa) and sometimes it doesn't (Buffalo). That's Vinny. They have seen Bollinger for three years and they know what he can do. Hold the clipboard and be paid minimum salary.
    I guess this boils down to your trust in the coaching staff and their history for the handling of the offense.

    Herm has shown us categorically that he knows nothing about the offensive side of the ball. He no longer gets the BOD as far as I'm concerned.

    You put your trust in the perceptions of a coaching staff led by HERM.

    His handling of BOLLY was reminiscent of the conservative playcalling last year.

  19. #19
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dolphins suck
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST
    I guess this boils down to your trust in the coaching staff and their history for the handling of the offense.

    Herm has shown us categorically that he knows nothing about the offensive side of the ball. He no longer gets the BOD as far as I'm concerned.

    You put your trust in the perceptions of a coaching staff led by HERM.

    His handling of BOLLY was reminiscent of the conservative playcalling last year.
    if you really wanted to not sound like an idiot with your curtis point, you would probably point out that Curtis had that many yards because Buffalo is ranked near last against the run, instead of your stoopid 9 in the box comments, so I do agree with you that Curtis might not really be back although I hope so, just your reasoning is wrong

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    5,161
    Quote Originally Posted by ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST
    I guess this boils down to your trust in the coaching staff and their history for the handling of the offense.

    Herm has shown us categorically that he knows nothing about the offensive side of the ball. He no longer gets the BOD as far as I'm concerned.

    You put your trust in the perceptions of a coaching staff led by HERM.

    His handling of BOLLY was reminiscent of the conservative playcalling last year.

    There you have a point, but still we are talking about a 6 foot tall sixth round pick who I have never heard one Jet teammate say anything special about. This is no diamond in the rough.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us