Thread: Friday Night Football!!!

Practice Squad

Friday Night Football!!!

Thanks Hurricane Wilma, makes my Friday Night a little bit better.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5009294

The game between the Miami Dolphins and the Kansas City Chiefs was rescheduled to Friday night to beat Hurricane Wilma's arrival in Florida.

The game will begin at 7 p.m. Friday instead of Sunday afternoon, which is about when Wilma is expected to hit Florida's southwestern coast.
    NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said broadcast and television details were being worked out.

It's the third time since the start of the 2004 season that the Dolphins have rescheduled a home game because of a looming hurricane. Last year's home opener against Tennessee was played a day early because of Hurricane Ivan, and the Dolphins' Week 3 game with Pittsburgh was pushed back 7 1/2 hours by Hurricane Jeanne.

Hurricane Wilma also forced the University of Miami to postpone its home game against Georgia Tech. That game will likely be rescheduled for Nov. 17.

It's the fourth time a hurricane has necessitated a schedule switch of a Miami home game; Hurricane Georges postponed a game with UCLA for more than two months in 1998, Temple's visit in 1999 was pushed back nearly three months by Hurricane Irene; and Florida State's trip south for the 2004 season-opener was delayed nearly a week by Hurricane Frances.

Charter JI Member
    TV coverage around here???

Undrafted Free Agent
    I bet it is only regional coverage game and not a Nationally televised game.

All Pro
    Wait until Hurricane Vilma hits Miami on December 18th.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by pizzaboy2143
    I bet it is only regional coverage game and not a Nationally televised game.
    Very possible. They probably don't want to compete with the world series.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by dmaynard
    Wait until Hurricane Vilma hits Miami on December 18th.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by petejet
    Very possible. They probably don't want to compete with the world series.
    Series doesnt start until Saturday i thought???

Undrafted Free Agent
    Series Doesn't Start Until Saturday...game Will Only Be On Local Tv In Kc & Miami...directv Will Not Have The Game On.

We Are S.o.l. Around Here

Rookie
    Heard that there is some law prohibiting them from having it on live anywhere but locally. It has something to due with high school football.

NFL Network will carry the game. That is what happened with the Tennesee-Miami game last year I am pretty sure. Local affiliates had the game, but it was also on NFL Network.

Rookie
    Good decision...one option was to play the game later in the year which would have really screwed things up.

PS - I certainly hope the NFL network carries the game. Definitely must see TV.

So in a sense it will be a typical home game Sunday in Miami. The stadium will not have any fish fans in it

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)

University Of Central Florida vs Tulane was also moved to Friday here in orlando.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrud
    NFL Network will carry the game. That is what happened with the Tennesee-Miami game last year I am pretty sure. Local affiliates had the game, but it was also on NFL Network.
    If i remember correctly, Direct TV tape delayed the game in its original time slot --which im sure absolutely no one watched.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

This was a good idea ,keep people hanging around instead of getting out of town early before the hurricane hits ,then good luck trying to get out of town air or car the day before the thing hits ,this was really thought out well