Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Herman Edwards Kills His Players At Thursday Meeting

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Herman Edwards Kills His Players At Thursday Meeting

WOW.

I am watching Jets 24/7 on CBS right now. It's an amazing show.

I just saw an amazing segment. Herman Edwards let his players have it in the thursday team meeting. He snapped!

He said he was "embarrassed to be 2 and 4"... He said that he was dissapointed with his players. Not playing consistent and focused. Called his players out as selfish and said that guys were "stealing money".

Herm told his players in the meeting, We've got 11 weeks left and I can't wait for the next guy to screw up. "I'm making you all accountable and I am going to make an example out of you"... Go ahead "Try Me" I don't care who you are, if you keep playing selfish, I'm going to get rid iof you. Teams win...not players... WOW

There was more to it than this but he went on an awesome rant. Wish all of you could have seen it. I wish, I had a tape of it.

Banned
    "You elves, if you don't pick up the pace and make more toys, I'm going to kill you!"

--Santa Claus

Veteran
    Good for him? Who do you guys think he's talking about as far playing selfish?
    The players are playing like cr@p, but who are the guys playing selfish?

Im sure it will be available for download somewhere. I thought Herm was pretty good here. Finally whip some sense into these guys. Vinny said something about HErms pre game and post game last week, but his is what I think alot of us want. Now he just has to make sure people are held accountable otherwise they just become hollow words. The guy knows he is fighting for his job. Lets see if the players want him here.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Fanatic
    Good for him? Who do you guys think he's talking about as far playing selfish?
    The players are playing like cr@p, but who are the guys playing selfish?
    He put the onus on his players to become leaders. Herm said that it's not enough as an NFL player to go out and be an individual and be self satisfied in the job you do. You need to help the players around you be a good team player rather than just a good player.

I think Herm's calling out the players who are struggling and those who are playing well individually but not from a team aspect.

I think Edwards is trying to reach Jonathan Vilma with his leadership speech. He's going after the veterans. The film doesn't lie.

I've seen Edwards go nuts before. I remember him yelling at Woody Johnson once in practice. He's punched assistants. I saw him yell at Paul and Teddy on The Jets 24/7 shows at halftime. I've seen him scream alot. That's all he ever does is scream. It's like he's on 10 cases of red bull. The energy never stops with him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungJetsFan
    WOW.

I am watching Jets 24/7 on CBS right now. It's an amazing show.

I just saw an amazing segment. Herman Edwards let his players have it in the thursday team meeting. He snapped!

He said he was "embarrassed to be 2 and 4"... He said that he was dissapointed with his players. Not playing consistent and focused. Called his players out as selfish and said that guys were "stealing money".

Herm told his players in the meeting, We've got 11 weeks left and I can't wait for the next guy to screw up. "I'm making you all accountable and I am going to make an example out of you"... Go ahead "Try Me" I don't care who you are, if you keep playing selfish, I'm going to get rid iof you. Teams win...not players... WOW

There was more to it than this but he went on an awesome rant. Wish all of you could have seen it. I wish, I had a tape of it.

Are you and SAR I watching the same show.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar
    Are you and SAR I watching the same show.
    I guess we are. I wish, I had Tivo'd it. It was great stuff.

Banned
    That was a Great speech by Herm ... it really was ... he hit on all the right notes with passion & conviction

Unfortunately you can't win the Kentucky Derby on a mule, no matter how hard you whip him
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 10-23-2005 at 01:05 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    That was a Great speech by Herm ... it really was ... he hit on all the right notes and with passion & conviction

Unfortunately you can't win the Kentucky Derby on a mule, no matter how hard you whip him
    That's very true Ham. I think Edwards is a great leader. I don't think he's been a good gameday manager and he's not a great gameplanner but I never question his leadership skills or his passion.

The mule may be Vinny monday night.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    That was a Great speech by Herm ... it really was ... he hit on all the right notes and with passion & conviction

Mules are smarter than Horses.The problem is the Jets don`t have enough mules,just muleheads.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I was waiting for the anti-Herm guys to jump in and make some comments here.

I wish that alot of Jets fans would have seen this. The haters and supporters. It was really impressive.

Jets 24/7 airs on CBS sundays at 11:30am. You gotta watch the show even if you are not a Jets fan. It's a must watch.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Just a good sound bite to make it appear he actually knows what he`s doing , & after the camera went off he said ok boys the barbacues at my house at 5pm...

JetsFan2012
    damn....I wish I was able to see this show....lousy Philadelphia

Veteran

Talking

I guess we are. I wish, I had Tivo'd it. It was great stuff.

tivo'ed.... great show.... records every week, luv it

Hall Of Fame
    herm is not in jeopardy of losing his job folks.

Pennington, Fiedler, Mawae. Losing the first and second string qb, going thru bollinger and winding up at 8 practices worth of vinny...

come-on...

These players are playing as a team for or against themselves. Right now they are playing poorly on all sides of the ball, defense, special teams, offense. There is nothing right in Jetland, but Herm? Is it his fault?

Henderson is the guy on defense. Heimerdinger is the guy on offense. Westhoff the guy on ST.

If you want to start with accountability, start with the players, then proceed to the coordinators, then Herm.

Head coaches aren't missing tackles and dropping balls on the field.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader #51
    herm is not in jeopardy of losing his job folks.

Pennington, Fiedler, Mawae. Losing the first and second string qb, going thru bollinger and winding up at 8 practices worth of vinny...

come-on...

These players are playing as a team for or against themselves. Right now they are playing poorly on all sides of the ball, defense, special teams, offense. There is nothing right in Jetland, but Herm? Is it his fault?

Henderson is the guy on defense. Heimerdinger is the guy on offense. Westhoff the guy on ST.

If you want to start with accountability, start with the players, then proceed to the coordinators, then Herm.

Head coaches aren't missing tackles and dropping balls on the field.
    Herm has been here 5 years, he has fired both coordinators and replaced other people's staff with his staff. He has replaced players on both O and D with his players. Is it possible that the playoffs he made 3 out of 4 years was the result of other peoples work? Isn't it just possible that now that Herms finger prints are all over this team the team is collapsing? All the pro Herm arguments cut both ways.

Hall Of Fame
    I was waiting for the anti-Herm guys to jump in and make some comments here.

I wish that alot of Jets fans would have seen this. The haters and supporters. It was really impressive.

Jets 24/7 airs on CBS sundays at 11:30am. You gotta watch the show even if you are not a Jets fan. It's a must watch.
    we dont have the same cbs upstate i dont think so ive never seen Jets 24/7. too bad, this wouldve been worthwhile to see if nothing else than the entertainment value. lets hope he actually does hold people accountable (never actually has yet in his 5 years other than the coordinators after the year is over and we've blown another season)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16
    lets hope he actually does hold people accountable (never actually has yet in his 5
    I think he held INTestaverde accountable by benching him to play Pennington.

All Pro
    Its about time he went ballistic on
    these under achieving bunch of
    millionaire football players!

YA fell me! yah mon!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Fanatic
    I think he held INTestaverde accountable by benching him to play Pennington.
    yeah, the only time he ever held a player accountable was because his team was playing like absolute dog ****, and his coaches were getting out coached. yeah, there was the one instance of accountability.