Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Wilma Knocks Out JI

  1. #1
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    11,716

    Wilma Knocks Out JI

    Folks...very sorry that we were offline yesterday. Our datacenter which houses our server is located in Boca Raton FL and the hurricane knocked it out yesterday. They have generator backup but apparently it failed.

    First time is six years we've been down more than an hour or two. Hopefully there won't be any more problems.

    Again...sorry for the inconvenience.

  2. #2
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    I read that fast and thouhgt it said Vilma


    Good to have this place back, after last night let the misery begin.

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER

    Folks...very sorry that we were offline yesterday. Our datacenter which houses our server is located in Boca Raton FL and the hurricane knocked it out yesterday. They have generator backup but apparently it failed.
    Just a suggestion.

    Use some of the profits from the Premium site and build a Category 5-proof datacenter.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,281
    I think the Milfhunter might be on the same servers as JI.

    Whadayou know.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,539
    Glad JI had not given up and typical of the season we are having

  6. #6
    Super*****/Prom Queen
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,039

    Talking

    Just glad to hear you & yours are all well Sean. Long Island has been getting hit pretty bad with flooding, downed power lines & trees too.

    OK back to business, I suggest that you use revenues from the premium site (if any) to start a new board exclusively for the patsie trolls. TX has already submitted his resume along with a pic of him & his staff ready to handle the moderating duties:




  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Westchester County, NY
    Posts
    3,477
    aahhhh...good to be back home

  8. #8
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    11,716
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Tyme
    aahhhh...good to be back home
    LOL yes it is. I actually got 3 e-mails worried that I either sold or shut the site down due to the stadium and dozens more wondering what happened.

    It was really weird not having the site around for a whole day. Hopefully that won't happen again.

    Thanks for the understanding.

  9. #9
    corporate heroin
    Guest
    I was worried hardcore that the site had shutdown forever. I hadn't checked it in a few days and thought it went under with our season.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,943
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER
    LOL yes it is. I actually got 3 e-mails worried that I either sold or shut the site down due to the stadium and dozens more wondering what happened.

    It was really weird not having the site around for a whole day. Hopefully that won't happen again.

    Thanks for the understanding.

    haha i can just see the headline now, "...in an angry craze...sells JI.com for a case of beer..."

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    11,174
    Glad to hear it SOOTHSAYER. I was actually beginning to wonder if there was any truth to the threat that they (the Jets) could close down this site any time they wanted.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Jersey shore
    Posts
    2,005
    'bout had a nervous breakdown... But all is better now.

  13. #13
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER

    It was really weird not having the site around for a whole day. Hopefully that won't happen again.
    Sooth,

    I know you stated that the hurricane knocked out the server two days ago.

    What happened yesterday?

    Did all the premium members log on at the same time and the server crashed because of too much traffic?

  14. #14
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    11,716
    Folks...sorry again.

    The data center which houses our server in Boca Raton FL has no power due to the hurricane and has been relying on generator power. Unfortunately the generator has failed twice. We are looking into a new server in case it happens again and are putting a backup of the site on an alternate server.

    Unfortunately natural disasters happen. The company we use has been around for years and has a great reputation. They've never had a failure before Wilma.

    Again, I apologize and appreciate your understanding in this matter. The past two days have been very frustrating.

  15. #15
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    6,453
    still out in Boca, and just about everywhere else...I HATE HURRICANES

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Huntington Beach , CA ( The OC)
    Posts
    2,194
    My companies web site was down as well, server in Florida, that sort of thing, no e-mail for two days as well.

  17. #17
    Board Moderator
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,751
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER
    Folks...sorry again.

    The data center which houses our server in Boca Raton FL has no power due to the hurricane and has been relying on generator power. Unfortunately the generator has failed twice. We are looking into a new server in case it happens again and are putting a backup of the site on an alternate server.

    Unfortunately natural disasters happen. The company we use has been around for years and has a great reputation. They've never had a failure before Wilma.

    Again, I apologize and appreciate your understanding in this matter. The past two days have been very frustrating.
    i've got a great server (hasn't been down for 10 seconds other than maintenance in 6 years) somewhere buried in the mountains of colorado... PM or email me if you want the info...

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    On some beach... somewhere...
    Posts
    3,726
    I recommend Fully Redundant Servers at alternate Hardened DataCenters that are highly available with immediate fail-over protection.

    Tell your hosts this is what you want and let them price it out... prepare for sticker shock.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,198
    This is the first time i`ve been able to get on here since sun...I thought the JETS actually called SEAN on saying they(THE JETS FO) couldn`t shut him down .They`ve had a great time at TGG at our expense busting on those of us who paid for a prime time service & got nothing for the last few days......

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Valley Stream
    Posts
    4,403
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER
    Folks...very sorry that we were offline yesterday. Our datacenter which houses our server is located in Boca Raton FL and the hurricane knocked it out yesterday. They have generator backup but apparently it failed.

    First time is six years we've been down more than an hour or two. Hopefully there won't be any more problems.

    Again...sorry for the inconvenience.
    well those are your servers sooooo.... why not move them to youre house just build an extension to the side of your house, and dont say you dont have enough $$$

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us