Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilma Knocks Out JI

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Wilma Knocks Out JI

Folks...very sorry that we were offline yesterday. Our datacenter which houses our server is located in Boca Raton FL and the hurricane knocked it out yesterday. They have generator backup but apparently it failed.

First time is six years we've been down more than an hour or two. Hopefully there won't be any more problems.

Again...sorry for the inconvenience.

Charter JI Member
    I read that fast and thouhgt it said Vilma

Good to have this place back, after last night let the misery begin.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER

Folks...very sorry that we were offline yesterday. Our datacenter which houses our server is located in Boca Raton FL and the hurricane knocked it out yesterday. They have generator backup but apparently it failed.
    Just a suggestion.

Use some of the profits from the Premium site and build a Category 5-proof datacenter.

Veteran
    I think the Milfhunter might be on the same servers as JI.

Whadayou know.

All League
    Glad JI had not given up and typical of the season we are having

Super*****/Prom Queen

Talking

Just glad to hear you & yours are all well Sean. Long Island has been getting hit pretty bad with flooding, downed power lines & trees too.

OK back to business, I suggest that you use revenues from the premium site (if any) to start a new board exclusively for the patsie trolls. TX has already submitted his resume along with a pic of him & his staff ready to handle the moderating duties:

All League
    aahhhh...good to be back home

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Quote Originally Posted by R. Tyme
    aahhhh...good to be back home
    LOL yes it is. I actually got 3 e-mails worried that I either sold or shut the site down due to the stadium and dozens more wondering what happened.

It was really weird not having the site around for a whole day. Hopefully that won't happen again.

Thanks for the understanding.

corporate heroin
    I was worried hardcore that the site had shutdown forever. I hadn't checked it in a few days and thought it went under with our season.

All League
    LOL yes it is. I actually got 3 e-mails worried that I either sold or shut the site down due to the stadium and dozens more wondering what happened.

It was really weird not having the site around for a whole day. Hopefully that won't happen again.

Thanks for the understanding.

haha i can just see the headline now, "...in an angry craze...sells JI.com for a case of beer..."

Hall Of Fame
    Glad to hear it SOOTHSAYER. I was actually beginning to wonder if there was any truth to the threat that they (the Jets) could close down this site any time they wanted.

Veteran
    'bout had a nervous breakdown... But all is better now.

JetsInsider.com Legend

Sooth,

I know you stated that the hurricane knocked out the server two days ago.

What happened yesterday?

Did all the premium members log on at the same time and the server crashed because of too much traffic?

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Folks...sorry again.

The data center which houses our server in Boca Raton FL has no power due to the hurricane and has been relying on generator power. Unfortunately the generator has failed twice. We are looking into a new server in case it happens again and are putting a backup of the site on an alternate server.

Unfortunately natural disasters happen. The company we use has been around for years and has a great reputation. They've never had a failure before Wilma.

Again, I apologize and appreciate your understanding in this matter. The past two days have been very frustrating.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

still out in Boca, and just about everywhere else...I HATE HURRICANES

Veteran
    My companies web site was down as well, server in Florida, that sort of thing, no e-mail for two days as well.

Board Moderator
    Charter JI Member

Folks...sorry again.

The data center which houses our server in Boca Raton FL has no power due to the hurricane and has been relying on generator power. Unfortunately the generator has failed twice. We are looking into a new server in case it happens again and are putting a backup of the site on an alternate server.

Unfortunately natural disasters happen. The company we use has been around for years and has a great reputation. They've never had a failure before Wilma.

Again, I apologize and appreciate your understanding in this matter. The past two days have been very frustrating.
    i've got a great server (hasn't been down for 10 seconds other than maintenance in 6 years) somewhere buried in the mountains of colorado... PM or email me if you want the info...

All League
    I recommend Fully Redundant Servers at alternate Hardened DataCenters that are highly available with immediate fail-over protection.

Tell your hosts this is what you want and let them price it out... prepare for sticker shock.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

This is the first time i`ve been able to get on here since sun...I thought the JETS actually called SEAN on saying they(THE JETS FO) couldn`t shut him down .They`ve had a great time at TGG at our expense busting on those of us who paid for a prime time service & got nothing for the last few days......

Banned

First time is six years we've been down more than an hour or two. Hopefully there won't be any more problems.

Again...sorry for the inconvenience.
    well those are your servers sooooo.... why not move them to youre house just build an extension to the side of your house, and dont say you dont have enough $$$