Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, I Think Were In The Reggie Bush Sweepstakes Now

Well, I Think Were In The Reggie Bush Sweepstakes Now

Outside of Miami, Buffalo, and the homeless team (Saints), I don't see us good shots to win the games with the way our offense and coaching has performed.

The defense again played playoff caliber defense. They played fast. They kept Vick in check. Lack of Offense and turnovers where to blame for most of the points (they are obviously going to get tired or give up points when the opposing team has so many opportunities).

Coles played tough on offense. Cotchery should see the ball more (he a strong receiver). Pennington, Martin, and Chrebet ... and maybe Fabini should be June 1st cuts next year (if they are still under contract).

Problem for next year is that we need a QB, RB, and stud OL.

If we get a shot at RB Reggie Bush (and he's healthy), we have to take him.

QB - may pick up a free agent or trade for somebody (Ramsey, Harrington, Volek, etc.). I think Leinart is overrated and won't be worth where he is taken in the draft. Other draft options: Quinn is the best pro QB playing college football IMO ... however, based on things I've heard he will stay at ND for his Senior year. Other QB will be in the draft ... however, none look like top 10 picks or even first round picks.

T - D'Brickshaw Ferguson is a top pick but they will be other decent Tackles available in rounds 2 or 3.

Besides head coach, we need to address these three positions for next year (we may be able to get away with QB if Fielder is okay to come back for one year ... as a former Chad supporter, I doubt he'll come back and be effective ... he's shot ... IMNSHO.

After last night, I think most will agree it is okay to start thinking about the draft.

Veteran
    I don't really catch that much college football up here, so I don't know about a lot of the players that are at the top. So sorry if this is a stupid question.

Bush and DeAngelo Williams - can either of them block well? If we get a RB that high in the draft I'd like one that could shield the QB a little bit, considering our protection's been horrible. I always thought it was one of the things Martin does really well that no one notices.

All League
    O yea were in the Reggie Bush sweepsteaks. Weve been there since the Jags game, only a few seemed to grasp that though.

Also...remind me where the defense looked good today? Vick is terribly overated, and we let mighty midget Warrick Dunn run for over a 150yds..

Real dominant championship defense we got here.

Reggie Bush is a threat to go the distance whenever he touches the ball. His style is a little bit of Marshall Faulk ... a little bit of Barry Sanders ... really his own style ... you got to see him play.

As far as blocking, he is not really ask to that in the USC offense ... so ... I don't know.

Don't know about DeAngelo Williams blocking ability.

However, there is no comparing the two. Reggie Bush is at another level (higher).

Quote Originally Posted by TD C-Mart
    I don't really catch that much college football up here, so I don't know about a lot of the players that are at the top. So sorry if this is a stupid question.

Bush and DeAngelo Williams - can either of them block well? If we get a RB that high in the draft I'd like one that could shield the QB a little bit, considering our protection's been horrible. I always thought it was one of the things Martin does really well that no one notices.

dude ... our offense gave their offense so many opportunities. Falcons would have put up the same or more points against any defense in the league ... playing with our offense.

Quote Originally Posted by DE94Abraham
    O yea were in the Reggie Bush sweepsteaks. Weve been there since the Jags game, only a few seemed to grasp that though.

Also...remind me where the defense looked good today? Vick is terribly overated, and we let mighty midget Warrick Dunn run for over a 150yds..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by inchadwetrust
    dude ... our offense gave their offense so many opportunities. Falcons would have put up the same or more points against any defense in the league ... playing with our offense.

dude......our defense is grossly overated here. We cant stop the run. period

Our secondary doesnt scare anyone either. Michael Vick is a bad Quarterback.

The defense was missing tackles like crazy. Coleman and Rhodes are inconsitant, lately theyve been consistantly bad.

No sense in arguing ... we see it differently.

You seem to expect us to win 7-6 and our offense shutting the opponent down ... despite having to be on the field 60-75% in order to accomplish that.

I guess we should draft and sign a bunch of free agent defensive players next year.

dude......our defense is grossly overated here. We cant stop the run. period

Our secondary doesnt scare anyone either. Michael Vick is a bad Quarterback.

The defense was missing tackles like crazy. Coleman and Rhodes are inconsitant, lately theyve been consistantly bad.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by inchadwetrust
    No sense in arguing ... we see it differently.

You seem to expect us to win 7-6 and our offense shutting the opponent down ... despite having to be on the field 60-75% in order to accomplish that.

I guess we should draft and sign a bunch of free agent defensive players next year.
    I expect that if people are going to say we have a championship caliber defense that we might be able to hold a RB to under 10000000 yards.

Our secondary is the only thing that was solid today. D'Line couldnt stop my grandmother.

Today alot of the points on the board were Vinny's fumbles no doubt. But weak in and weak out this defense still dont wrap people up when they tackle, they cant stop the run and there secondary is average and has managed not to get killed too bad this year.

Ladanian tomlinson will have 200+ yards on us if they dont get their **** together.

All Pro
    What good does all the speculation do anyway? For the Jets to make enough cap space to sign a top 5 pick they'll have to cut or restructure half the team. It's ironic when you think about it, when the Jets should have kept their two 1st round picks, they traded up into the top 5 for D Bust. This year it looks like they will have a top 5 pick that will be almost impossible to fit under their cap, and may have to trade down.

TMahoney
    Isn't Reggie Bush a junior?

Whats the word on his plans for next year?

I'd love to pick him up.

Veteran
    Bush is a Junior.

It looks like the Jets won't be getting him though, as Texans and 49ers appear to be locked in at 2 & 14 and won't be looking for QB's.

I knew that win vs. Tampa was costly .

Unfortunately, I think San Fran will take Bush (I'm so sure they'll get the #2 pick behind the Texans). I'd love Bush, but I don't think we'll get him.

Rookie
    What good does all the speculation do anyway? For the Jets to make enough cap space to sign a top 5 pick they'll have to cut or restructure half the team. It's ironic when you think about it, when the Jets should have kept their two 1st round picks, they traded up into the top 5 for D Bust. This year it looks like they will have a top 5 pick that will be almost impossible to fit under their cap, and may have to trade down.

D-Rob is not a bust - And while the Jets are in line for a tough year (I think they have potential to be 4-12) - if they want a player in the top 5 they'll be able to make room.

I'm not a big Reggie Bush fan but I don't know COllege enough to have an opinion one way or the other.

Playoff Caliber Defense??? Warrick Dunn Running Crazy...missed Tackles...vilma Playing Like Wilma!!! Dont Make Me Laugh. If The Falcons Didnt Drop So Many Balls, We Would Have Been In Real Poop. Also, Very Poor Third Down Defense, As Usual.. Donnie Hendu's Got To Be Taking Some Hits Here; 5 Man Fronts Aint Working!!!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by nhhesq
    Playoff Caliber Defense??? Warrick Dunn Running Crazy...missed Tackles...vilma Playing Like Wilma!!! Dont Make Me Laugh. If The Falcons Didnt Drop So Many Balls, We Would Have Been In Real Poop. Also, Very Poor Third Down Defense, As Usual.. Donnie Hendu's Got To Be Taking Some Hits Here; 5 Man Fronts Aint Working!!!
    I agree. We have got to start blitzing and playing some bump and run. The defense has not been stopping the run and cannot get off the field on third down. Not the reason we are losing, but a disappointment nonetheless....

Hall Of Fame
    As far as the defense goes, we should all stop fooling ourselves contending our defense is as good as last year. This defense isn't even close.

Ferguson was a huge loss. James Reed just cannot cut it. Lance Legree, well, what were we thinking when we signed him????

I think the defense could be just as good or better than last year, however, if we are able to satisfactorily fill the NT spot.......

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by nhhesq

dude, that happens when you're on the field the entire game, the offense had had the ball for 30 seconds when the falcons had had it for 9 minutes...that gets ****ing tiring

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleckomania
    Bush is a Junior.

It looks like the Jets won't be getting him though, as Texans and 49ers appear to be locked in at 2 & 14 and won't be looking for QB's.

ahhhh, but not so fast my friend....i read an article yesterday talking about how capers will be gone after this year and how the front office still believes david carr is not the problem and the future of the organization. the texans are also ridiculously high on dom davis (and should be), so they will not look rb either but looking to deal the pick...... since everyone has abe to go here this ridiculous staement i'm about to make but will be fun to entertain....... we trade abe to the texans for their first pick (they need defensive help) and draft bush with th first pick overall; assuming, i unfortunately i truley belive this because of how difficult our schedule is, we have a top 3 pick we may also have a chance to draft leinart as well......... then after that, all we have to do is promote dinger to HC, and lure norm chow away from the titans and we can be the trojans of the NFL, hahahahaha
    Last edited by HobokenBlueHen; 10-25-2005 at 12:50 PM.

Practice Squad
    Here's the plan: Tank the rest of the season. Franchise Abe, trade him and #3 to SD for rivers, pick up bush in round 1. Draft an offense line with the rest of the picks and start the long road (3 years) to rebuild.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleckomania
    Bush is a Junior.

You think the Texans are going after a RB? They might, but Davis is an awesome player, and they have greater needs right now. I think they're going to see what they can get for Carr and pick up a QB in the draft instead - this year's class has a lot of them out there.

I agree about the 49er's though - they're going to look for a playmaker on offense.