Thread: Silver Lining

Rookie

Silver Lining

In this season of deep despair and misery we do have one reason to be cheerful. Matt Leinart will be our franchise QB next year.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by daysean
    In this season of deep despair and misery we do have one reason to be cheerful. Matt Leinart will be our franchise QB next year.
    I doubt that. I see them trading the number pick.

All League

i'd puke if we got him...he's good because he's on a good team...period there are better QBs in the draft

Rookie
    who? and I don't think it's just because he has a great team. he makes some plays on his own also. has preety good arm. looks alot like Elway when he was in college ( i studied some tapes).

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJet
    i'd puke if we got him...he's good because he's on a good team...period there are better QBs in the draft

Practice Squad
    Are we bad enough to get a pick like Leinart?

Interestingly enough, most early draft boards have us picking DeAndelo Williams RB or this huge DT from Oregon-Ngata 6'5" 335 lbs and athletic.

As much as we need to upgrade our offense, it wouldn't surprise me if we picked this kid to finally put the d-line over the top and turn it into a true dominant unit.

RB's can be found later in the draft. This is proven year after year.
    300 lb athletes with motors are truelly rare and need to be selected when at all possible. (Parcell's Planet Theory) Plus, linemen can be found throughout the draft.

What do you think?

Oh ya, QB is not a 1st round option, Too much$!!!

I don't think we will be going QB in the 1st next year, I believe due to salary cap numbers Pennington will be given his last shot next year and it would be a mistake to bring in a top ten pick quarterback to cause a contaversy. I do think a later round QB might be drafted to develop for the following year of we might sign one of the young QB's that are falling from grace with other teams (Harrington, Carr, Ramsey, etc). I think if we are in position we will take a top flight RB like Reggie Bush if not I expect a lot of Offensive Lineman to be drafted in the early rounds. (I think we will get an extra 3rd pick for Lamont Jordan and maybe a 4th for Kareem Mckenzie) As far as DT goes, I think Pouha might be expected to step up in his second year. Same goes for our young corners.
    Last edited by Postseason; 10-27-2005 at 05:00 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=jersey joe]RB's can be found later in the draft. This is proven year after year.
    QUOTE]

Really? 22 out of 32 feature backs were selected in the 1st 2 rounds of the draft. The odds of a RB working out as a feature back in the NFL if he's not delected within the first 3 rounds are slim to none. The examples are few and far b/t and you can pick them out if you want, but if we do not upgrade our horrific offense with our early picks then we're throwing in the towel for another season.

Letting Lamont Jordan go could wind up being the worst move this franchise has ever made.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

I'm huge fan of Leinart but I don't think we'll land him unfortunately:

1. We won't have a top-3 pick IMO and Leinart will probably go #1 or shortly after that.

2. Could we afford to sign him if we did get him? He's most likely going to get the biggest signing bonus in league history and we don't have much cap space, even for a long-term, back-loaded deal.