Thread: seasons not over til 7 losses

All League

seasons not over til 7 losses

granted we have 5...... but realistically its not over til 7... im not saying were going to do this but its reality and who knows.... just stating the facts

Undrafted Free Agent

Not really

We won the division w/ 7 losses---and teams have made the playoffs w/ 8---so as long as the bills, pats, and dolphins keep losing---anything's possible.

Banned
    If we lose 3 games, we're done. Thats all.
    Gotta go 8-1 or 7-2 from here on out.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFan3288
    granted we have 5...... but realistically its not over til 7... im not saying were going to do this but its reality and who knows.... just stating the facts

In my book it's over with 8 losses

Jets have a bye and matches up well vs the Chargers.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Quote Originally Posted by GangGreat
    We won the division w/ 7 losses---and teams have made the playoffs w/ 8---so as long as the bills, pats, and dolphins keep losing---anything's possible.
    quite true.....other teams in the divsion are not exactly 5 games ahead of us and the Chowds play the Bills this week.

Banned
    doesnt matter if you ask me. there is no way this team is going to win in the play-offs when they can't run and the o-line is a mess. qb isn't even the biggest problem. we are getting demolished by other teams front 7's.

Practice Squad
    i've really tried to stay positive throughout all of this season but after watching the game on monday night, its time to be realistic. the jets are going to be lucky to go 6-10 this year. but i think 4 or 5 wins is probably even more realistic than that. injuries have just completley destroyed this team. its unfortunate, its something that they can't control. they just have to make the best with what they have left. even edwards said they dont have enough healthy bodies to practice this week. its a shame, i really thought we were gonna go far this year. but then again im a jets fan, so i think that every year i guess.

Veteran
    Thank God for the bye week or we'd be a game away from being eliminated from the post season!

This was not our year. I didn't think it would be. Could of, but didn't.

Gotta play the young guys and see where this team really stands in terms of talent and depth.

It could turn around (anything's possible) but I'd just like to see a better product than what we're fielding now.

Injuries or not, "You play to win the game"

Start some of the younger players and start throwing the ball deep. Throw caution to the wind.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    doesnt matter if you ask me. there is no way this team is going to win in the play-offs when they can't run and the o-line is a mess. qb isn't even the biggest problem. we are getting demolished by other teams front 7's.
    that's my view. I don't care if we make the playoffs, we'd have no chance there. A lot of people here are like, "we can still make it, we just need the pats and bills to keep losing." who cares, you people honestly happy with a playoff appearance just to get slaughtered?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak
    In my book it's over with 8 losses

Jets have a bye and matches up well vs the Chargers.

Its over right now IMO. I know im gonna get blasted by the eternal optimists. O well

I dont quite see what you mean by matching up well vs the chargers. Last i saw we cant stop the run and they happen to have LaDanian Tomlinson and Michael Turner, both could put 150 on us. Brees is no Michael Vick, he is smart and isnt going to throw 3 Ints.

San Diego defensively isnt very scary, but id still give them an advantage over our offense.

Veteran
    The team has two weeks to come up with a gameplan that can put up atleast 20 points.

Don't see it happening.

This season is done.