Thread: How Do We Prevent Next Year From Beimg Like This Year

Practice Squad

How Do We Prevent Next Year From Beimg Like This Year

If we still have the same Gm , Head Coach , Staff , Etc. What decision do u think that can an should be made to inprove our team through Trade, Draft, Release , Sign players Etc.

Fellow Jets fans please share your insight an knowledge .

Banned
    the plan is easy. whether or not it will work is a different story.

get a qb in to compete with chad for the job
    draft a stud rb 1st round
    draft/acquire o-linemen
    get some dt depth
    get a real te

that would be a start.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)

a slew of injuries to key players won't hurt either.

Let me see how the Patriots would fare if they lost Brady in 2003 and 2005

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    the plan is easy. whether or not it will work is a different story.

get a qb in to compete with chad for the job
    draft a stud rb 1st round
    draft/acquire o-linemen
    get some dt depth
    get a real te

that would be a start.
    You just left out 1 thing, fire Herm and hire Jim Johnson the DC from Philly.

Practice Squad

How Do We Prevent Next Year From Beimg Like This Year

If we still have the same Gm , Head Coach , Staff , Etc. What decision do u think that can an should be made to improve our team through Trade, Draft, Release , Sign players Etc.

Fellow Jets fans please share your insight an knowledge .

Banned
    get a front office with a brain,
    hand herm a rulebook

Practice Squad
    Say if we go Qb in the first round will the Powers at be still be obligated to let Chad start ? If so whats the point of going QB in the first round then.
    Just curious fellas

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I think we need a new HC such as Brad Childress or Jim Johnson. We also need to draft an elite RB in round 1 then go O-Line in rounds 2-4. We should release Mawae, Fabini, Sowell, Barton, and Law.

We should pick up a RT and a QB in free agency (Ross Verba and Chris Simms would be my choices).

As long as we get some help on our offensive line and some type of decent QB we will be fine next year regardless of any changes in the front office. Unless the team finishes up with like 3 or 4 wins and doesn't compete in most games I have faith that Herm against a weaker schedule will get the team to at least 9 wins. My problem with HErm is that we will never get over that hump with him unless someone hands it to us on a silver platter, but I have alot more confidence in him doing ok with the group we have than alot of other options currently coaching in the NFL.

ooooooooh wait i know this one.

wait, i forgot it...

but then again, looks like the FO did also cuz we've had the same result every year since 1970. so i'm not too optomistic that it's going to change next year. But then if we don't have hope as fans, we have nothing. So i'll keep hoping we change our ways.

Banned
    We mainly need some offensive line help. We need some stud quality and some quantity for back up.

We definately need to bring in a decent quarterback to compete and plan on being starter for next year, or at least 1/2 of next year. I think Penny is probably gone, but I know if they try to have him start at the beginning of next year, he is definately a goner. Fiedler needs to be kept as backup qb and then 3rd qb if Penny comes back.

I think our running game will straighten out if we can fix the front line.

I believe our defense will be fine if we can get the offense to hold on the ball for at least 3/5 of the game. That way they aren't dying after the 1st quarter.

Plus we also should have a little bit easier schedule next year. Although, don't forget we are still in the AFC East.