Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets face it...No knack.

Lets face it...No knack.

Lets face it. The biggest personnel mistake that the FO made was signing an unproven, injury prone Chad Pennington to an outragious contract.

Granted I think I would have done the same thing.

Now if he would have stayed healthy and produced, the FO would have looked like they actually knew what they were doing.

The problem and bottom line of the situation is that Chad has not and realisticly won't ever live up to the potential he once showed and the contract he is signed to.

It is unfortunate and perhaps it could not have been seen coming, however, time and time again it appears that our FO does not see things coming; neither on or off the field. They simply don't have a knack for making key/gut decisions that if chosen correctly, build championship teams. They instead, always seem guess incorrectly on personnel evaluations, FA decisions, draft decisions and perhaps most imortantly-in game coaching decisions.

It is who we are. Now will we stay this way? Who knows. People grow and learn. People come and go. We all think we know the answers, but none of us get a crack at the real deal. I know this is true, but I can't wonder how different things might be if we had stronger leedership and someone with a KNACK for winning.

No one has an opinion? I'm shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by jersey joe
    Lets face it. The biggest personnel mistake that the FO made was signing an unproven, injury prone Chad Pennington to an outragious contract.

Granted I think I would have done the same thing.

Now if he would have stayed healthy and produced, the FO would have looked like they actually knew what they were doing.

The problem and bottom line of the situation is that Chad has not and realisticly won't ever live up to the potential he once showed and the contract he is signed to.

It is unfortunate and perhaps it could not have been seen coming, however, time and time again it appears that our FO does not see things coming; neither on or off the field. They simply don't have a knack for making key/gut decisions that if chosen correctly, build championship teams. They instead, always seem guess incorrectly on personnel evaluations, FA decisions, draft decisions and perhaps most imortantly-in game coaching decisions.

It is who we are. Now will we stay this way? Who knows. People grow and learn. People come and go. We all think we know the answers, but none of us get a crack at the real deal. I know this is true, but I can't wonder how different things might be if we had stronger leedership and someone with a KNACK for winning.

i read the second sentence and disagreed and havent read anything more. He was not unproven. case closed. and 1 injury in 21 starts is not injury prone. dude looked like montana with tht ehighst completion % and qb rating.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

If only the FO had a crystal ball....

Yes he looked like Montana before the first injury. Then we signed him. It was for a very short period of time that we had the next Montana, for most of his cereer we've had Montana potential with injury riddled perfomance.

However, like I said, I would have done the same thing. The point is that they were wrong and I was wrong and most of us were wrong about Chad. My point is I wish we could finally be that team that guesses right.
    Last edited by jersey joe; 10-26-2005 at 09:50 PM.

Yes he looked like Montana before the first injury. Then we signed him. It was for a very short period of time that we had the next Montana, for most of his cereer we've had Montana potential with injury riddled perfomance.

However, like I said, I would have done the same thing. The point is that they were wrong and I was wrong and most of us were wrong about Chad. My point is I wish we could finally be that team that guesses right.
    my apologies, i should have read your entire post instead of flipping a sh*t, i was pretty pissed from some of the pessimism being circulated on this forum so i was extreme

All Pro

Nobody on here cares to be told what we already know. We all feel the same way, this doesn't stand out and make us say, "ohhhhh."

Hall Of Fame
    the thing that noone can explain is why the front office wouldn't sign abraham to a long-term deal b/c he always gets hurt, but they signed chad to a huge deal, a guy who, like abe, never played a full season before he got his payday. why is the front office so willing to pay chad despite his injury history, but not pay abe specifically b/c of his injury history? well, it's b/c of their persona. chad is a clean cut guy who speaks softly and stays out of trouble and is a good image for the team. and that, my friends, is why all us morons are sitting here in the chat rooms debating how many years it will take the jets to climb out of this cap mess. b/c if chad had the dwi like abe and the attitude, he'd be waiting for his contract too.

and that, my friends, is why abraham is playing nice with everyone this year. b/c he knows that being a nice, smiling, sober team player is the way you get money, as long as you stay on the field.

Thats cool Greenwich. Listen man, don't get down. If you look at the bright side of our situation, I think we could be like the Spurs. If we can pull together a Tim Duncanesk small group of players to add to our already decent team (AKA David Robinson), I think we could be contenders next year.
    Keep the faith.

Megla meat head,

What the underlying message is is that we need some type of leedership change that knows how to win. It just seems as though the men in charge of our organization don't know how to build a winner.

So the question is who is there that can make this difference for us?

JetsInsider.com Legend

Are you kidding?

If the FO didn't sign PennyBoy, some other team would have paid a lot more money then the Jets did.

It's not PennyBoy's fault that he always gets freak injuries.

The guy led the entire NFL in QB rating in 2002 and had the best potential of any QB in the NFL, including Brady.

He is a proven leader with all the intangibles to become a HOF QB.

That was a great move by the Jets FO at the time wrapping him up to a long-term contract. If he never got injured, he would have been a bargain signing.

It's just bad karma, not a bad move by the Jets FO.

All Pro
    Megla meat head,

What the underlying message is is that we need some type of leedership change that knows how to win. It just seems as though the men in charge of our organization don't know how to build a winner.

So the question is who is there that can make this difference for us?
    jim johnson

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Are you kidding?

If the FO didn't sign PennyBoy, some other team would have paid a lot more money then the Jets did.

It's not PennyBoy's fault that he always gets freak injuries.

The guy led the entire NFL in QB rating in 2002 and had the best potential of any QB in the NFL, including Brady.

He is a proven leader with all the intangibles to become a HOF QB.

That was a great move by the Jets FO at the time wrapping him up to a long-term contract. If he never got injured, he would have been a bargain signing.

It's just bad karma, not a bad move by the Jets FO.
    I am seriously ROTFL right now.

Classic post TX, just great.

If this site had post of the year this one would take the cake.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac
    jim johnson
    May be too Old?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    I am seriously ROTFL right now.

Classic post TX, just great.

If this site had post of the year this one would take the cake.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    I was expecting the old I told you so from day one, that Chad was a noodle arm 64 million dollar waste.

Way to mix things up, the sad thing is most posters don't understand the post.

I guess you are right. It seems most posters did not understand this post at all.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    If only the FO had a crystal ball....

Please????? A crystal ball???? Gee the Colts didn't even re-sign Payton Manning to his mega deal until after the last year of his deal was up. The Jets had no reason to resign an unproven Chad Pennington who hadn't yet played a full season to an extension a year before his original deal was up. As I said the Colts didn't even do this with Manning and he was worlds more an established player. You can make all the excuses you want, you can say hind sight is 20-20, but none of that changes the fact that this Jet Front Office has no clue as to what their doing and they prove it year in and year out. Jet fans jump up and down and talk about all these great moves the Jets make in the off-season, then spend each season making excuses and wondering what went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    Please????? A crystal ball???? Gee the Colts didn't even re-sign Payton Manning to his mega deal until after the last year of his deal was up. The Jets had no reason to resign an unproven Chad Pennington who hadn't yet played a full season to an extension a year before his original deal was up. As I said the Colts didn't even do this with Manning and he was worlds more an established player. You can make all the excuses you want, you can say hind sight is 20-20, but none of that changes the fact that this Jet Front Office has no clue as to what their doing and they prove it year in and year out. Jet fans jump up and down and talk about all these great moves the Jets make in the off-season, then spend each season making excuses and wondering what went wrong.
    Shasta, the only reason we jet fans do this is to make your life a little brighter. What would you do with your time if not for the jet fans on this board?....It seems your whole self worth is derived from posting on a jets web forum.... very sad

This is weird-that is twice now that TX is right on the $$-Chad was showing huge potential-if TB hadn't signed him another team would have for even more $$ or we would have shelled out even more. The whole noodle arm aside..when healthy, CP could play with the best of them. Best play fake going and a good decision maker.