Thread: Is jay feidler starting our next game?

All Pro

Is jay feidler starting our next game?

?I heard he was starting next week, Does anyone have a link?

JetsFan2012
    honestly I don't think Herm would start him even if he was 100%, which I don't think he is. Herm loves the underdog aging fan favorite. That's why he still starts Vinny and why he's determined to give Curtis his 11th 1000 yard season, even if that means 1000 carries.

All Pro
    I don't think Fiedler would start in his first week back. Nor should he, he's coming off a serious injury to his throwing shoulder. And, if the Jets should have learned ONE thing recently, it's not to rush your QBs back from serious shoulder injuries.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops
    I don't think Fiedler would start in his first week back. Nor should he, he's coming off a serious injury to his throwing shoulder. And, if the Jets should have learned ONE thing recently, it's not to rush your QBs back from serious shoulder injuries.

I think Herm learned his lesson letting Chad come back early, like you said Expect Vinny to play at LEAST the next 2 games.. and if Vinny somehow lights it up, he will remain the starter till he messes up

Hall Of Fame
    Does it really matter? Looking to Jay Fiedler to save our season says it all.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Unfortunately, Jay isn't ready yet to play. He's probably going to miss atleast two more games.

If Jay hadn't gone down against Jacksonville. The Jets may have a better record than 2 and 5 at this point. It's debatable but The Jets should have won that Jacksonville game and would probably have beaten Baltimore.

Fielder is not a star QB by any stretch of the imagination but he's league's better than Testaverde at this point and Brooks Bollinger and he's actually the guy who looked the best of any QB in this system.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs
    Does it really matter? Looking to Jay Fiedler to save our season says it all.
    What are you talking about? Jay Fiedler is not a bad QB......if I had my choice between him or Brooks I would definately take Jay .........the real question is........Is Jay ready??????

But, in answer to the original question, I doubt Jay starts against SD........Vinny is the starter for that game and hopefully with 2 weeks to prepare they can light a fire under our "wonderful" O-line so that no one else gets hurt.

All League
    Fiedler will take us to the promised land. I promise we will be in last.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ikehitstina
    ?I heard he was starting next week, Does anyone have a link?
    maybe you should've asked the genius that you heard from if he has a link, considering he is the only one in the world who knows that jay fiedler is starting on sunday, when you consider the fact that herm said that vinny is starting, rather than wasting the board's time asking us for a link that doesn't exist, as if we should have one, when there is no link when your friend either made it up, or is incredibly misinformed.

All Pro
    i heard that Fielder has not even started throwing yet in practice

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetgirl
    What are you talking about? Jay Fiedler is not a bad QB......if I had my choice between him or Brooks I would definately take Jay .........the real question is........Is Jay ready??????

But, in answer to the original question, I doubt Jay starts against SD........Vinny is the starter for that game and hopefully with 2 weeks to prepare they can light a fire under our "wonderful" O-line so that no one else gets hurt.
    Jay Fiedler is a bad QB. His best was mediocre and that was a few years ago.

when the jets get 6 losses he will come back and lead the jets to 10-6. its a good thing that the div. games are at the end of the season so that all of the players are healed. in this division a team could get in at 8-8.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by LETSGOJETS
    I think Herm learned his lesson letting Chad come back early, like you said Expect Vinny to play at LEAST the next 2 games.. and if Vinny somehow lights it up, he will remain the starter till he messes up
    Until he messes up?
    You honestly believe he hasn't already?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JrzJetsFan
    Until he messes up?
    You honestly believe he hasn't already?

Enough to pull him? no.

Its Vinny or Bust

Practice Squad
    We'll soon find out if he still has enough steam in his engine. If he has another showing like last week, he should be pulled.
    Yes, the O-Line didn't give him enough time in the pocket.
    Yes, the D-Fense should have had at least ONE 3 and out in the game.
    But, you must admit that Bolly put just as many points on the board in ONE quarter than Vinnny did in 3, yet with no fumbles or turnovers.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JrzJetsFan
    We'll soon find out if he still has enough steam in his engine. If he has another showing like last week, he should be pulled.
    Yes, the O-Line didn't give him enough time in the pocket.
    Yes, the D-Fense should have had at least ONE 3 and out in the game.
    But, you must admit that Bolly put just as many points on the board in ONE quarter than Vinnny did in 3, yet with no fumbles or turnovers.

Bolly did it vs a D that was Playing loose, every pass was underneath uncontested. that shows me nothing