Thread: Hi from S.Florida.

Hall Of Fame

Hi from S.Florida.

Whats up everyone. Finally able to get on a computer down here after a week of this nonsense, still no power or phone plus a tile fell off my roof and broke my water pipes outside my house. Staying with my in-laws since I have to go back to work tomorrow and they have power. I live over in Tamarac and have not seen a FPL truck in our neighborhood at all in days, hopefully they restore us soon. Hope everyone else from S.FL is doing alright....talk to you all soon.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Addict SouthFL
    Whats up everyone. Finally able to get on a computer down here after a week of this nonsense, still no power or phone plus a tile fell off my roof and broke my water pipes outside my house. Staying with my in-laws since I have to go back to work tomorrow and they have power. I live over in Tamarac and have not seen a FPL truck in our neighborhood at all in days, hopefully they restore us soon. Hope everyone else from S.FL is doing alright....talk to you all soon.
    Hey you handsome devil!!!!! Glad to see that you are alright........say hi to your better half..........

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Hope you guys have an ample supply of cold Stella while you wait for restoration. More power to yiz.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 10-30-2005 at 08:15 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Hey Fran, thanks, and I'll let her know...

Thanks Jumba, and I have been drinking all week, we even resorted to drinking Coors and Miller out of cans at one point.

Hall Of Fame
    that sux mikey, I got power back a few hours after the storm on Monday but I'd almost rather be in the dark than have all myu in laws crashing for a week because we are the only ones with power up in this mofo!!!!!

been a real crazy week here guys

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

In laws ha...Feel for ya!! Anyways good luck with the house and hoepfully you get restored soon...This was a crazy *** week..I will 100% have generated power for next storm...I will never not have one again..

GOOD LUCK MAN

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Hey Mike, I am in W Boca, we got out power back Sat morning and there are a ton of FPL trucks still working on 441 in N Broward...hope they get to you soon..glad to see you are all right, that was a scary one

Hall Of Fame
    Hey s florida guys tell me what it was like. was it scary?it seems that all you guys figured that the storm would be minor by the time it got to u.

Ill bet it was scary as hell

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite
    Hey s florida guys tell me what it was like. was it scary?it seems that all you guys figured that the storm would be minor by the time it got to u.

Not us, we were stationed in our small bathroom under the stairs with blankets, flash lights, and a television. I video taped through the peep hole on the front door during the 2nd half of the storm, the howling of the wind was insane.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green
    II'd almost rather be in the dark than have all my in laws crashing for a week
    If I were you I'd chop my power lines and run a hose in the basement.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

it was scary..we were prepared ok with supplies & such but the wind was unbelieveable... been through a lot of hurricanes but this was the worst in my experience EVER

Veteran
    Margate Fl soon to be Ocala FL by way of Da Bronx
    Hey Mike what's up Moe...... things here in Margate are ok thank God....
    got my power back on Friday... things were ok at home was scared to death... Thank God no tiles fell of my roof ... no damage once again THANK GOD...

hope you get your power soon... see you in Dec....

Take Care...................

Rookie

i'm in Coral Springs, and we sure as hell thought it was gonna be another nothing storm. We lost our entire screen enclosure, some roof tiles, and power didnt come back until 11:50PM Thursday night 10/27.

Not scary just annoying as hell b/c of the power situation.