Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: well done bruschi

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,108

    well done bruschi

    I'm still against him playing, but you have to feel good for the guy. In almost no time he has gone from almost dying to playing again. He deserved all the attention and hype he received. He went all out, not at all timid about contact.
    This is a great story-it doesn't matter what team he's on.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,987
    Hey already had my respect for what he did...but my respect deepened when he blew off Suzy Kolber's interview request after 3 hours of ESPN's ridiculous all-Tedy-all-the-time spectacle.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,253
    Don't give a sh-t as I didn't care to watch the game. I would have loved for buffy to win (if only not see patfan tx post).

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    5,161
    Is Bruschi playing again? I didn't notice. Gee, you would think the commentators would mention something like that. And who was that woman in the stands that they kept showing? Is she one of The Desperate Housewives? I don't watch that show.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,108
    It was a fitting tribute, but one game was enough. Time to get back to football.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy-y-y-y
    It was a fitting tribute, but one game was enough. Time to get back to football.
    I respectfully disagree. Bruschi came back from a serious medical condition into a high impact sport. That is impressive, but hardly as remarkable as ESPN's diatribe would indicate considering the number of experts who have bent over backward to clear him 100+% medically.

    I don't begrudge Bruschi some attention for his return. I would understand a cover story type piece on it, and maybe a few mentions throughout the game...but ESPN just flogged the story relentlessly for 3 + hours. It was embarassing.

    What they did, complete with the "Hero" bump music and the non-stop references and interviews (over critical game action) bordered on the comical. It was far from "fitting" and I'd be willing to bet that Bruschi himself would not appreciate the extent to which ESPN overdid it.

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffboy
    I respectfully disagree. Bruschi came back from a serious medical condition into a high impact sport. That is impressive, but hardly as remarkable as ESPN's diatribe would indicate considering the number of experts who have bent over backward to clear him 100+% medically.

    I don't begrudge Bruschi some attention for his return. I would understand a cover story type piece on it, and maybe a few mentions throughout the game...but ESPN just flogged the story relentlessly for 3 + hours. It was embarassing.

    What they did, complete with the "Hero" bump music and the non-stop references and interviews (over critical game action) bordered on the comical. It was far from "fitting" and I'd be willing to bet that Bruschi himself would not appreciate the extent to which ESPN overdid it.
    I agree that it was definitely overkill.

    BTW BuffBoy, how the hell did the Bills let that game slip away?

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,108
    I'll give the patriots fans last night's game coverage. If he was a jet we would have all been going nuts. You're right though, he's the kind of guy who wouldn't want that. If it was TO or Keyshawn they would haver been playing to the camera.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC via NY
    Posts
    8,794
    I am real happy for Bruschi and wish him the best, but last night was fricken ridiculous. Bruschi is a great player and one of the few players that parents should let their children look up to. Don't let it interfere with the damn game being played though.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,987
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    I agree that it was definitely overkill.

    BTW BuffBoy, how the hell did the Bills let that game slip away?
    You know until I became a coach, I always kind of dismissed intangibles as fodder for sportscasters, but the more I see the more I realize that some organizations have the heart, balls, and brains to grab the brass ring, and some are just too damned weak, scared, or dumb to deliver the kill shot. The Bills under Tom Donahoe are the latter.

    The simple answer is they just are incapable of winning...someone will choke. The line will fail, a kick-off will go out of bounds, a reciever will drop a ball, a sure pick will be dropped at a crucial time, a corner will miss coverage, a QB will throw a 6 yard out when 13 are needed. They don't have the make-up to win tight games. It's the difference between Belichik/Cowher/Parcell type teams and Mularkey type teams.

    I'm so disgusted with my team's organization from top to bottom, that it's almost worse than being angry...I'm starting to become apathetic...and I'm not alone. We went for years as a winning club (even though we never won the big one) But at least you went into every week believing you would see a great effort, and probably a win...now I expect poor effort and losses. It's a sad state of affairs...we're rapidly approaching a 6th year without playoffs.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,960
    Maybe this is utterly tasteless, but wouldn't it have been funny if on the first defensive play of the game, Bruschi made a tackle and then got up and had his whole face covered in blood, and was spitting blood all over the field screaming....and then when the referees ran over, he took off his helmet and yelled "Happy Halloween!"

    Just a thought.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC via NY
    Posts
    8,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotch
    Maybe this is utterly tasteless, but wouldn't it have been funny if on the first defensive play of the game, Bruschi made a tackle and then got up and had his whole face covered in blood, and was spitting blood all over the field screaming....and then when the referees ran over, he took off his helmet and yelled "Happy Halloween!"

    Just a thought.


  13. #13
    Super*****/Prom Queen
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,036
    I didn't watch the game but I'm glad Teddy is back doing what he loves. No player should be wished ill will and good luck to him and his family.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotch
    Maybe this is utterly tasteless, but wouldn't it have been funny if on the first defensive play of the game, Bruschi made a tackle and then got up and had his whole face covered in blood, and was spitting blood all over the field screaming....and then when the referees ran over, he took off his helmet and yelled "Happy Halloween!"

    Just a thought.
    Hehehehe. You're a nut!!!

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady
    I didn't watch the game but I'm glad Teddy is back doing what he loves. No player should be wished ill will and good luck to him and his family.
    I don't think anyone is wishing Bruschi ill-will. If you had watched the game, you would have seen what a farce ESPN made of the whole deal. Like I said in another post, I don't know Bruschi personally, but I'd be willing to bet that if he is in fact the good guy and team leader that he is puported to be, then he would be embarassed by the ridiculous sap and saccharin that ESPN lavished on his return last night. It passed tasteful a homage to the player about 20 minutes into a 3 hour broadcast.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy-y-y-y
    I'll give the patriots fans last night's game coverage. If he was a jet we would have all been going nuts. You're right though, he's the kind of guy who wouldn't want that. If it was TO or Keyshawn they would haver been playing to the camera.
    Thanks for acknowledging the obvious, if it was a Jet player there would be thread promoting Active Hall of Fame induction.

  17. #17
    Tedy shouldn't be blamed for what Curly, Larry, and Moe are saying in the press box. I think that if he ever hears about it he would be embarrassed.

    I loved it when he blew off Suzy (I want to kiss you) Kolber.

    I don't think any of you guys are blaming Tedy for that ****. God, I hate SNF and MNF.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotch
    Maybe this is utterly tasteless, but wouldn't it have been funny if on the first defensive play of the game, Bruschi made a tackle and then got up and had his whole face covered in blood, and was spitting blood all over the field screaming....and then when the referees ran over, he took off his helmet and yelled "Happy Halloween!"

    Just a thought.
    That'd definetely be a 15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct.

    Or maybe that 'unnatural act' thing the ref called last night.

  19. #19
    Anyone who ever played the game at any level has to appreciate watching Teddy Bruschi play. I could not watch the game last night because the hurricane knocked out my dish and there is a 9pm curfew in the southern half of Palm Beach. I heard he played well but he was not in shape to play the whole game. Good for him. I just hope he can stay healthy and eventually move on to bigger better things because he is much smarter than the average baller.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us