Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If You Were Starting A Franchise Today, Who Would Be Your #1 Pick?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

If You Were Starting A Franchise Today, Who Would Be Your #1 Pick?

This isn't necessarily about the Jets or any team in particular, but if you were the GM of a NFL franchise and could choose one current player, who would you choose?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    This isn't necessarily about the Jets or any team in particular, but if you were the GM of a NFL franchise and could choose one current player, who would you choose?
    Vinny Testaverde

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    carson palmer,although brady is still very young,Tomlinson?
    To much depends on the current personnel of the club/and how long the ownership was going to allow you to rebuild/re-load.

All League
    currently I'd prob pick Brady because of his clutch plays. Or, I would pick Michael Vick because of the things that he does that changes the game.

Rookie
    id take the best all around player in the NFL...ladanian tomlinson.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16
    Vinny Testaverde
    Sorry I forgot vinnie,Yes of course as a GM, hiring a "real coach" is the most important.

All Pro
    Under this senario,if I have the choice between a franchise RB,QB or DE,I take the DE.
    If I`m starting a Franchise,i build a defense,and fillout my offense around it.If they can`t score,a FG will be em.Hell,I may even get lucky and force them into a safety,whereby I won`t need my offense.

Veteran
    Mike Nugent.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by REDDOG2004
    Sorry I forgot vinnie,Yes of course as a GM, hiring a "real coach" is the most important.
    thats all, just give vinny a half assed offensive line and hell be lethal. just watch on sunday.

Veteran
    1st pick would be Ladanian Tomlionson. This man is as good of runningback that I have seen in the past twenty years. He IS better than Emmit Smith, he IS better than Ahman Green.

Plus he can throw the ball. He has as many passing touchdowns as the enitre Jets offense. Thats scary.

Banned
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 10-31-2005 at 06:50 PM.

Probably Carson Palmer. Maybe Eli Manning since he is younger.

All League
    Lamont Jordan

Rookie
    Unfortunately you have to take Brady. He's still young and he has so far seemed to be durable. For all you Martin haters, durability is extremely important. Tomlinson is a great RB, but RBs have a greater chance to be injured so brady has to be a safer choice. Same with Mike Vick, yeah he can make a mediocre O line seem good with his mobility, but I'm a better pocket passer and he is injury prone. If your injured then you can't help your team win games. Brady is a little girl but considering his age and skill you have to take him

It's simple...LT!!

Veteran
    Gotta be a Qb, and there is no better Qb in league than Peyton Manning, so I guess he'd be my pick, even though he's older than his brother or Palmer.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    Over Fabini?!

Awright.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetcane

Over Fabini?!

Awright.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JYtheJETSfan
    1st pick would be Ladanian Tomlionson. This man is as good of runningback that I have seen in the past twenty years. He IS better than Emmit Smith, he IS better than Ahman Green.

Plus he can throw the ball. He has as many passing touchdowns as the enitre Jets offense. Thats scary.

i've watched him...he's good...but i'm still no convinced he can be considered one fo the greatest...he's proved nothing, and it was just proven he can be controlled...it's a ll about the hype, i'd start my franchise on defense and i believe in starting with the D line...so i'd take a DE like peppers or freeney

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Jets Fan
    Gotta be a Qb, and there is no better Qb in league than Peyton Manning, so I guess he'd be my pick, even though he's older than his brother or Palmer.
    B-I-N-G-O.

Remember this when LT breaks down in 4 years.