Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Best/worst Jets Players This Year

Banned

Top 5 Best/worst Jets Players This Year

Top 5 best
    1. LB Jonathan Vilma: makes plays, plays hard, thats what u want in a player
    2. DE John Abraham: monster
    3. CB Ty Law: takes too many penalties but he's the main reason our pass defence is our biggest asset right now.
    4. WR Laverneus Coles: putting up decent numbers despite the qb situation
    5. S Eric Coleman: very underrated

Top 5 worst (not necessarily based on absolute worsed but also based on failure to meet expectations)
    1. Offensive Line: awful, awful, awful,
    2. WR Justin McCareins: way too many dropped passes, will probably be demoted to #3 next season
    3. CB David Barrett: i think justin miller just took your job
    4. DT Dewayne Robertson: has been decent but an underachiever this season
    5. RB Curtis Martin: o-line's fault and his fault for his lack of performance

Veteran
    Not a bad list, but for the worst side of things - if you're looking at failed expectations, you should probably put Jolley and Nuge there. They can both turn it around (and I expect them too) but so far they haven't held up their end of the deal.

I do think though, that Miller (fumbles admitted) has been a fairly pleasant surprise on kick returns this season.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Best
    1. Vilma
    2. Coleman
    3. Coles
    4. Jones
    5. Abe

Worst
    1. McCareins
    2. Fabini
    3. D-Rob
    4. Kendall
    5. Jolley

- Take Barrett off that list, I know he plays soft off the line, but he almost won us the Jacksonville game (the Reggie Williams strip) and the Baltimore game (the Jamal Lewis strip). Not to mention he's the only guy this season to shut down Joey Galloway on Tampa.

All League
    Ellis is definitely one of the five worst. He disappears for games at a time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AGiantJetFan
    Top 5 best
    3. CB Ty Law: takes too many penalties but he's the main reason our pass defence is our biggest asset right now.

Top 5 worst (not necessarily based on absolute worsed but also based on failure to meet expectations)
    2. WR Justin McCareins: way too many dropped passes, will probably be demoted to #3 next season
    Agree with most. I would switch Law and Barrett, and put Jolley in there for Martin.

Best:
    1-Abraham
    2-Vilma

Worst:
    1-Everyone else

EDIT: Even though he has been a top performer on the team, Vilma still has flaws to work on. He still over-pursues and gives runners open lanes too much.
    Last edited by BroadwayRay; 11-15-2005 at 05:13 PM.

All League
    Coles sucks, he's so overrated...look at what Moss has done in a system similar to 'Dinger's down in Washington....

Coles is nothing special, he's a #2 WR for most teams in the NFL.

Cotchery is a specimin, he should be starting

McCareins should be cut.

What happened to Jonathon Carter? He was the man 2 years ago.

All Pro
    1. ABE
    2. Vima
    3. Jones
    4. Moore
    5. barrett- he gets burned but he also makes good plays never does he have two bad games in arow

1. Everyone else on the O-line
    2. Jolley
    3. Nuge
    4. C-mart
    5. D-rob

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade
    1. ABE
    2. Vima
    3. Jones
    4. Moore
    5. barrett- he gets burned but he also makes good plays never does he have two bad games in arow

1. Everyone else on the O-line
    2. Jolley
    3. Nuge
    4. C-mart
    5. D-rob
    No way D-Rob is worse than Ellis, IMO.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AGiantJetFan
    Top 5 best

I don't think I'd put coles in there. He's been dropping them too. Also I have him on my fantasy team, and "decent" does not really describe his numbers, regardless of QB, although it hurts him without Chad. I would seriously replace him on your list with Ben Graham. Seriously!!!

I think you're right with Barrett too, seems like QBs are picking on him all year.

We'll see about miller, I hope it works out but he had a lot of help on Steve Smith on sunday, can he do it without all that support?

Smith was quoted on the field sunday saying "When are you going to stop breast-feeding #22"

I think your're right about law, he's not finished, and he still is a ball hawk, I'll take a few penalties if I can get a few turnovers.

Our entire offence is a mess, I'm a big Cumar supporter though, I think if he had better blocks nobody would be saying he's washed up, Although just about everyone else thinks he is, I still don't think he is. But I would like to see Houston get some more carries for future evaluation.

O-line stinks. Why don't we throw in that mammoth canadian dude (Morely?) we traded Green Bay for and at least get a look, he must be half decent if they already signed him to an extention... or not, LOL.

D-Rob definatly needs more help in the middle. I think they should try to play Pouha as much as they can to get a good look, if he can develop into the guy.. maybe we should be trying to get him the experience he needs now.

Justin McCareins has been garbage this year, he couldn't catch a crab from a $10 hooker. What happened to the Justin McCareins from last year???

Sign Abe.

Vilma is awesome, and will be better once the middle sures up (see above, we need to do something about it now while we're in a garbage season.)

And yes, I am a big Coleman fan so far. He plays well, infact all the young DB's seem to be a pleasant surprise - Washington, Rhodes, maybe next year we get to see Maddox?

Oh well. What a total dissapointment. I still want to spoil ****, **** reggie bush.

Rookie
    Ive never been a big Barrett fan since he gives an unbelievable cushion. However, he has played above my expectations. Lets also not forget Graham who is a HUGE improvement over Toby "30 yard punt" Gowin. We found our punter for the next 5 years depending on how long until he retires since hes a 32 year old rookie. Abraham deserves a new contract now, definitely the number 1 or 2 star of the D this year. Also, Mark Brown has played decent in place of Barton.
    Last edited by NYjets84; 11-15-2005 at 05:11 PM.

IMO Biggest disappointment is Ellis. He only plays well when Abraham isnt playing.

We almost have to organize a search party to find him on game day.

Has he made 1 big play this year?

Banned
    sorry forgot about graham, but someone said to switch barrett with law on my list. r u kidding me?

Hall Of Fame
    How can anyone put D-Rob on the worst list? You're just a DRob hater then. The Top 5 worst list has to include all offensive players:

(1) The OLine, with Dishonorable mention to Jason Fabini
    (2) Justin McCareins, Mr. Drops.
    (3) Vinny Testerverde, Turnover King
    (4) Brooks Bollinger, Crown Prince of Turnovers
    (5) Curtis Martin, Slow to the Hole HOF

You can throw in Jolley, but I only included players who has hurt the team rather than been invisible.

Hall Of Fame
    Top 5

James Dearth
    Graham
    Abe
    Vilma
    Sowell

Bottom 5
    McCariens
    Fabini
    Moore
    Kendall
    Martin

The 5 that deserve mention as the best Jets this year are:

Jonathan Vilma, Pete Kendall, John Abraham, Ben Graham, and Kerry Rhodes.

The worst have been:

Justin McCareins, Jason Fabini, DeWayne Robertson, Mike Nugent, and James Reed.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by hangingchad
    IMO Biggest disappointment is Ellis. He only plays well when Abraham isnt playing.

We almost have to organize a search party to find him on game day.

Has he made 1 big play this year?
    There have been bigger disappointments than him, newbie, but you're right, he's part of the problem of not being able to stop the rush on a consistent basis.

LOL@the handle.

All League
    1. Vilma
    2. Coleman
    3. J Abe
    4. Hobson
    5. Graham

1. Fabini
    2. Kendall
    3. J Mac
    4. Martin
    5. Herm

Banned
    BEST
    Nobody

No-one deserves that distinction when you're 2-7 and on course for a TOP 5 Pick, therefore I'll use these 5 selections for my next list

WORST
    01. Herman Edwards
    02. Entire O-line
    03. Justin McCareins
    04. James Reed
    05. Shaun Ellis
    06. DeWayne Robertson
    07. Doug Jolley
    08. Mike Nugent
    09. David Barrett
    10. Victor Hobson
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 11-15-2005 at 06:54 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    How can anyone put D-Rob on the worst list? You're just a DRob hater then. The Top 5 worst list has to include all offensive players:

(1) The OLine, with Dishonorable mention to Jason Fabini
    (2) Justin McCareins, Mr. Drops.
    (3) Vinny Testerverde, Turnover King
    (4) Brooks Bollinger, Crown Prince of Turnovers
    (5) Curtis Martin, Slow to the Hole HOF

You can throw in Jolley, but I only included players who has hurt the team rather than been invisible.
    Putting a 3rd string QB and a guy who wasn't on the start of the team as dissapointments... They aren't good, but, what were you expecting?

The O-line/Fabini first and formost
    McCareins has been an embarassment out on the field
    Jolley lost his job to Baker
    Robertson has been a dissapointment this year, though not as better as people are making him out to be, but we expected more
    Ellis

Nugent I actually thought would be shaky for the first 8-10 games of the season. So I'm willing to cut a little slack, but he's beena dissapointment

Law, I don't knoww, he has shut down top receivers, but picks up a lot of penalties, but eh does have a nose for the ball. Very up and down