Thread: Rome Is Burning

JetsInsider.com Legend

Rome Is Burning

How is Roger Lodge always on the discussion panel? What has he done ever to qualify himself for discussing pro sports on national television? Am I missing something? Does he have a column in some other part of the country?

I'm watching this, and so far I've heard him mention that Alex Brown should be an MVP candidate b/c defensive players get shown no love, and I want to scream into the TV "That's why they have defensive player of the year you schmuck!" Then he said Oregon's a better team than Notre Dame, at this point, one of my eye balls popped out of the socket and I had to change the channel.

They should have a show on ESPN called "Prepare to be Annoyed!" With commentators Roger Lodge, John Clayton, Joe Theisman, Paul McGuire, Larry Merchant, and hosted by Stephen A. Smith.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    How is Roger Lodge always on the discussion panel? What has he done ever to qualify himself for discussing pro sports on national television? Am I missing something? Does he have a column in some other part of the country?

I'm watching this, and so far I've heard him mention that Alex Brown should be an MVP candidate b/c defensive players get shown no love, and I want to scream into the TV "That's why they have defensive player of the year you schmuck!" Then he said Oregon's a better team than Notre Dame, at this point, one of my eye balls popped out of the socket and I had to change the channel.

They should have a show on ESPN called "Prepare to be Annoyed!" With commentators Roger Lodge, John Clayton, Joe Theisman, Paul McGuire, Larry Merchant, and hosted by Stephen A. Smith.
    Great post

Hall Of Fame
    Great stuff, shouldn't he be producing/hosting blind date?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Great stuff, shouldn't he be producing/hosting blind date?
    Wasn't he on Talk Soup for a while as well?

Should add Michael Irvin and Shannon Sharpe to the panel.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonio_JetFan
    You can add Rome to that list

Veteran
    You and two others are the only ones watching that show.
    I am guessing Rome and his wife are the other two.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonio_JetFan
    Oh come on, Irvin's not that bad, certainly not on Theisman's level. And with Sharpe at least you have the lisp to entertain you. No matter what he says, you can always mock him with your friends when he's done talking, you don't get that with those other guys.

i'm pretty sure Lodge has a sports talk radio show in LA.

Oh come on, Irvin's not that bad, certainly not on Theisman's level. And with Sharpe at least you have the lisp to entertain you. No matter what he says, you can always mock him with your friends when he's done talking, you don't get that with those other guys.
    And, you can add the entire cast of Inside the NFL.