Thread: DeAngelo Williams: Memphis Videos

JetsInsider.com Legend

DeAngelo Williams: Memphis Videos

I found this over at TGG.com

http://gotigersgo.collegesports.com/...ultimedia.html

Williams is gonna be a beast!

How can you tell me you'd rather have Bush over this guy and an additional late 1st round/early second round pick?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    No replies? Come on this guy is gonna be great!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    I've been saying trade down for Williams and a DT for a while now. Although Bush would be awesome as well I think there's more value there.

nobodys denying this kids talent, but bush is on a whole other level.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SantanaMoss83
    nobodys denying this kids talent, but bush is on a whole other level.
    I'm not saying that Bush isn't better than Williams, but Bush isn't lightyears ahead of DeAngelo like most people on this board tend to think. Williams has been an every-down elite RB ever since his true freshman season. Bush has never had to carry the ball 25-30 times a game, that makes me a little worried. Look, we're a team that is built around pounding the ball. The run game is what we're all about. I think Bush will be an incredible player in the NFL, I just don't think he suits our style of play. Williams on the other hand is perfect for us, he does everything very well.

If you want a finesse runner who is gonna break a big play every once in awhile then you want Bush.

But if your like us you want an everydown explosive RB like Williams who can pound the ball between the tackles and bounce it outside. Williams can run, block, receive, everything. There is nothing DeAngelo doesn't do well.

I will say it again:

DeAngelo Williams = Curtis Martin with blazing speed

How can you pass that up?

I would love to get Bush but I just don't see it happening so i'm thinking realistically.

sure bush hasnt carried it 20-25 times a game but they said that about a ton of running backs coming out of college. Kevin jones, cadillac, ronnie brown all in the last 2 draft. if we arent in position to get bush and cant get lienart either i would be happy to get Deangelo espeically if we can trade down a few n gain some extra picks. but reggie bush is special, runners like him come around once every decade. i wouldnt mind deangelo carrying the torch for this team from what i have read and seen about him he seems like a good kid and great football player. The way i see it if we have a shot at bush then we better take him or well regret it forever. reggie bush may not be a perfect fit for this offense. But what has this offense been doin recently thats soo impressive. we need a whole new approach. this is on the coaching staff to make plays for these guys.