Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is THIS the Ultimate Draft/Rebuild Scenario?

JetsInsider.com Legend

Is THIS the Ultimate Draft/Rebuild Scenario?

Jets lose out, finish with the #1 pick overall.

Texans win ONE game, finish with the #2 pick overall.

----------------------

Texas defeats USC in National Championship game. Vince Young looks great.

Reggie Bush declares for Draft.

Vince Young Declares for Draft.

-----------------------

Jets trade #1 (1st Round) pick and (#1 3rd Round) pick to Texans for #2 (1st Round) and RB Dominick Davis.

-----------------------

Texans select RB, USC, Reggie Bush #1/#1.

Jets select Vince Young, QB, Texas, #2/#1.

-----------------------

Jets select O-line in Rounds #2, #3 (Comp), and #4.
    Select DT in Round #5.
    Tall Posession-Type WR (Speed is irrelevant, hands the only issue) in Round #6.

------------------------

Jets 2006 "O":

QB #1: Chad Pennington, if healthy (reneg contract). Jay Fiedler if not.
    QB #2: Vince Young
    QB #3: Jay Fiedler, unless Penny remains unable to play.
    RB #1: Dominick Davis
    RB #2: Curtis Martin in his final year (reneg contract)
    RB #3: Cedric Houston (future #2 behind Davis)
    FB: Jerald Sowell/BJ Askew
    OT: Adrian Jones
    OG: Rookie OG (3nd Round Pick)
    OC: Kevin Mawae (w/ perhaps reneg contract)
    OG: Pete Kendall
    OT: Rookie OT (2nd round Pick)
    O-line Depth: J.Goodwin, 4th Round Pick, Cheap Vet FA or Scott Gragg
    TE #1: Chris Baker (resigned)
    TE #2: Joel Dressen
    WR #1: Laverneus Coles
    WR #2: Jerricho Cotchery
    WR #3: 6th Round Tall Posession WR
    WR #4: Harry Williams (speed guy)

Cut/Released:

Vinny Testeverte (Retired)
    Wayne Chrebet (Retired)
    Jason Fabini (Released)
    Derrick Blaylock (released/traded)
    Justin McCareins (released traded)
    Doug Jolly (released)

Reneg'd Contract or Released:

Chad Pennington
    Curtis Martin
    MAYBE Kevin Mawae

All League
    it'd be nice, but the texans just gave davis an extension, so i suspect that even if they draft bush they'll just go with both RBs going into the season rather than trade davis...other than that little nuance, solid...

Schluberator & Gadfly
    I like it except I agree with Deadringer. I think the Texans want to have a two headed Monster in the backfield (to quote Greenie on M&M).

All Pro
    not bad Fish-giving up on Blaylock already?Is Vince Young good?We need some videos of some of these guys-Leinart,Bush,Young,Ferguson(the linemans name?) Cutler and DeAngelo Williams-who can help a brother out?

on note;I didn't think I'd have to start assessing college players until at least Feb.

Banned
    i don't want vince young at qb. besides, i highly doubt the jets will be drafting a qb in the 1st round

Are we not going to keep Moore next year?

Also how late in the draft do you expect D'Brickasaw Ferguson to go? I'm sure a first rounder. If we don't get Bush, Ferguson and a quarterback (maybe cutler?) would make for a great draft. I would then settle with our running backs as they are.

Rookie
    If Vince Young comes out mark my words he will go to the Houston. It is his home town and I have heard that he would love to play for them and they would love to have him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaJets
    not bad Fish-giving up on Blaylock already?Is Vince Young good?We need some videos of some of these guys-Leinart,Bush,Young,Ferguson(the linemans name?) Cutler and DeAngelo Williams-who can help a brother out?

on note;I didn't think I'd have to start assessing college players until at least Feb.

For the record, this was a mental exercise, nothing more.

My PERSONAL desire is Brady Quinn. I like him ALOT. I want him in Jets Green.

But he's less likely (IMO) to come out this year. And next year is impossibel to predict now (hell, tomorrow is almost impossible to predict, lol!)

This is one possible (and I think it's very possible personally) way the Org. could reload quickly. Alot would have to fall in line for this scenario to occur, but I do believe it is at least plausable.

And I forgot BRandon Moore didn't I....toss him in with the rest of the line, perhaps in front of one of the rooks.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by eastsidejetsfan
    If Vince Young comes out mark my words he will go to the Houston. It is his home town and I have heard that he would love to play for them and they would love to have him.
    If thats the case, why not trade the #1 pick for Carr and their #2, that way they can get Young and we can get Bush, therefore, giving us a new QB and RB tandem.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedinGreenNC
    If thats the case, why not trade the #1 pick for Carr and their #2, that way they can get Young and we can get Bush, therefore, giving us a new QB and RB tandem.

lol, that would be pretty cool. but highly unlikely.

Veteran
    I like the thought of trading our 07 number 1 for Rivers (or Brees) and taking D'Brick in round 1 and Lyndell White in round 2.

The rest of the draft can be filled with o and d line depth.

All League
    the texans will take Bush...........but will look to trade out to get who they really covet and need..................D'brick.............they offered 50 mil for Pace and their OL is horrible..............they could use th picks and rebuild more than they need Bush.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    Jets lose out, finish with the #1 pick overall.

Texans win ONE game, finish with the #2 pick overall.

----------------------

Texas defeats USC in National Championship game. Vince Young looks great.

Reggie Bush declares for Draft.

Vince Young Declares for Draft.

-----------------------

Jets trade #1 (1st Round) pick and (#1 3rd Round) pick to Texans for #2 (1st Round) and RB Dominick Davis.

-----------------------

Texans select RB, USC, Reggie Bush #1/#1.

Jets select Vince Young, QB, Texas, #2/#1.

-----------------------

Jets select O-line in Rounds #2, #3 (Comp), and #4.
    Select DT in Round #5.
    Tall Posession-Type WR (Speed is irrelevant, hands the only issue) in Round #6.
    No chance any of this will happen, Martin and Fiedler are useless to us now and a big drain on the cap, and:

Doug Jolly (released)

are all good players in a bad sytem with no QB.

I'd like to see us get D'brickshaw Fergenson with our top pick.

Rookie
    I would like to think we could do better if we land the 1.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by momentoftrth
    No chance any of this will happen, Martin and Fiedler are useless to us now and a big drain on the cap, and:

Doug Jolly (released)

It sounds like you're not happy with our Offensive Coordinator. Dinger's play calling has been very peculiar this year and before the season began everyone thought that he'd be a great addition to the coaching staff.

I believe that you give players chances because they can always improve but for OC's to not call the right play during a game, something's wrong. It should come natural to them.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Dominick Davis and Vince Young? No thanks x 2. Don't like either player.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If the Texans get Bush they would be smart to hold on to Davis..Bush isn't that 25-30 carries guy, Davis would be the perfect complement....Look how good the Bush and White combo have done together...Bush and Davis could do the same..Plus Reggie can also be split out wide..He actually played WR for USC as well, early on in his college career..

Plus you protect yourself and can always trade Davis the following season if Bush is just a flat out stud..Just like the Bills did with Travis henry..

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by momentoftrth

Doug Jolly (released)

Exactly..plus, i'm not ready to completely give up on Jolley. Yea, his blocking skills suck, but it seems that when Brooks gets him the ball, he's making plays.

I also really like Dreesen. He's also a long snapper, so thats a plus.

IMO, Baker seems like the odd man out here. He's a solid TE, but had oly one good game (in KC where we got blown out). Jolley would have had those numbers if he was thrown to that much. If we could trade baker for picks I would do that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OBENjet
    Exactly..plus, i'm not ready to completely give up on Jolley. Yea, his blocking skills suck, but it seems that when Brooks gets him the ball, he's making plays.

I also really like Dreesen. He's also a long snapper, so thats a plus.

IMO, Baker seems like the odd man out here. He's a solid TE, but had oly one good game (in KC where we got blown out). Jolley would have had those numbers if he was thrown to that much. If we could trade baker for picks I would do that.
    Trade Baker???? I don't know about that. First time I really head that one. Who would be our blocking TE?

Why is it so hard to train a freakin guy to block. Thats what coaches are for. Why can't Jolley learn to block?

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaJets

during the Texas - Colorado game i could have sworn that they said that Young is returning for his senior season.