Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Typical Jets

Rookie

Typical Jets

I know this has already been posted but it looks all the more depressing or typical with pictures

Highly placed Jets sources say they'd prefer not to draft Reggie Bush or Matt Leinart because it would mean investing too much money in one player when they have many holes to fill. Those sources, too, are not crazy about Leinart because he doesn't possess a strong arm and will command about $24 million.
    -- New York Post

Despite Curtis Martin's advancing age, the Jets may pass on Reggie Bush in the 2006 draft.

Banned
    we can't get bush, no way Houston wins another game. i am sure Houston dropped the last 2 games on purpose.

All League
    We have Herm, is more needed?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaT

Banned
    Kool signature with the Fabini thing, do you have Testeverdes rating from back then?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilma
    LOL!!!!!

Veteran
    I'd prefer not drafting Reggie Bush too.

In order to do so, we'd have to trade up for the #1 pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lew
    I know this has already been posted but it looks all the more depressing or typical with pictures

Highly placed Jets sources say they'd prefer not to draft Reggie Bush or Matt Leinart because it would mean investing too much money in one player when they have many holes to fill. Those sources, too, are not crazy about Leinart because he doesn't possess a strong arm and will command about $24 million.
    -- New York Post

Despite Curtis Martin's advancing age, the Jets may pass on Reggie Bush in the 2006 draft.

If we don;t get Bush it will be because Houston gets him...not some STUPID unamed Jets source.....where did this so called high place source come from.

Give me a break some of you seem to get off on finding something to blast the Jets about.

unreal

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lew

Highly placed Jets sources say they'd prefer not to draft Reggie Bush

Despite Curtis Martin's advancing age, the Jets may pass on Reggie Bush in the 2006 draft
    Gamesmanship

Typical draft Gamesmanship, and I applaud the Jets for using it correctly

That's exactly what you want the other teams to believe
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 12-07-2005 at 03:52 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaT

what does Herm have to do with the Jets getting Bush????

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    Gamesmanship

Actually a good point

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Gamesmanship

If Bush is available and we do pass, ill say my goodbye's to you now Hammer...How long would your vacation from this board be?? We cant be that stupid to pass on Bush can we Ham?? I think this is a smoke-screen, actually praying it is..

All League
    Gamesmanship

I can see them passing on Leinart, meaning trading the pick. No way they pass on Bush. This is a head fake, and a lot of fans are falling for it.

The overwhelming, conventional wisdom is they will jump at the chance of taking Bush should they get the chance. I only hope they don't inadvertently lose the pick due to clock mismanagement.

Rookie
    Jetswin

If we don;t get Bush it will be because Houston gets him...not some STUPID unamed Jets source.....where did this so called high place source come from.

I dont know any high place sources, if you do I'd like to hear from them

Rookie
    The jets FO is not wise enough to spin the truth in the media, if that is the case I would quicker believe that a writer from the Post is a big jets fan who wants us to get Bush so he's making stuff up.

Hall Of Fame

There are actually other good playes out there if the Jets dont get Bush...there really is.....some of you act like there is not.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET

If Bush is available and we do pass, ill say my goodbye's to you now Hammer...How long would your vacation from this board be?? We cant be that stupid to pass on Bush can we Ham?? I think this is a smoke-screen, actually praying it is..
    I'm so sure this is a smokescreen that I am not even the least bit disturbed by this report

Quite the contrary, I'm actually happy about this report ... it shows me the Jets FO has a clue about using Gamesmanship

But if they ever actually did follow through on this report ... had a chance to draft Bush and passed?

Banned
    BTW

let's assume the Jets secure the #1 Overall Pick for the sake of this discussion

I believe 95% {minimum} of Jet fans who show-up for the draft will be there to see the Jets select Reggie Bush, and they'll be screaming that from the rafters {REG-GIE, REG-GIE, REG-GIE!!} from the moment the doors open

If Tagliabue opens the draft and says the Jets have traded the pick, or the NY Jets select anyone other than Reggie Bush, I believe you will see an absolute mutiny up in the peanut gallery ... worst ever ... the fans will go absolutely insane, and they will be screaming for Bradway's head on a stick

That's the scene I predict if the Jets have a shot at Bush and pass

Having said that, I repeat ... I don't believe a word of this report ... not a word

Undrafted Free Agent

Having said that, I repeat ... I don't believe a word of this report ... not a word
    so, the Jets should draft Bush for the fans, whether or not it is good for the team??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJetPhan

so, the Jets should draft Bush for the fans, whether or not it is good for the team??
    Who said those two things are mutually exclusive?

Why do you suppose the fans want Reggie Bush ... because he WON'T make us a better team?
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 12-07-2005 at 06:12 PM.