Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: did fireman ed have his signs again?

Undrafted Free Agent

did fireman ed have his signs again?

anyone at the game see him? i heard they might pull a matt millen on him.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

All they showed on TV was that old fart Captain Jet. My guess is the Jets no longer recognize Ed as a part of the Jets family.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67
    All they showed on TV was that old fart Captain Jet. My guess is the Jets no longer recognize Ed as a part of the Jets family.
    That says alot about Woody....

He uses Ed, lies to Ed, then takes Ed's freedom of speech and freedom of expression away from him.

Woody

Undrafted Free Agent
    Ed was there. He had no signs from what I saw.

I didn't have a good view of Ed from my seats. Didn't see a sign.

Fireman Ed has his sign one time today. It was the same one as the previous game. I cant remember when he took it out. Either the second or third quarter.

All League
    Yep his sign was out and about in the 3rd quarter.

Veteran
    What did his sign say ????

All Pro
    it said "If I get seats on the 50 in front row, Jersey is good for me!"

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

I saw him put up a sign but couldn`t read what it said at the beginning of the 3rd quarter

On one side of the sign it says something like "Woody keep your promise" and on the other "Bring the Jets back to NY".

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason423
    On one side of the sign it says something like "Woody keep your promise" and on the other "Bring the Jets back to NY".
    not quite..

1 side said..
    Woody, keep your promise.

other side said..
    Jet fans want thier own stadium.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by r0ka
    not quite..

1 side said..
    Woody, keep your promise.

other side said..
    Jet fans want thier own stadium.
    ......Way to go Ed

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

All Pro

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER

Way to go Sooth. Major two thumbs up for those pictures.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Sooth, was that yesterday??

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Quote Originally Posted by NYJetPhan
    Sooth, was that yesterday??
    Yup.

Waterboy
    Too bad Woody doesn't listen to his fans.

All Pro
    Was ed getting paid for making his commercilas for the stadium on the west side while his Union killled him over it? Why would Woody even care about someone who was getting paid for his statements when he doesnt care about the "regular guy". Woody is loyal to his bank account -not Jet fans. Burn yer tickets people, cause if you dont show he will notice. Bring a TV to 16H and watch the game in the lot, the food is better there than in the stadium and there are no lines to pee once it gets dark.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER

Just happened to be cleaning out my hard drive and came across the beauty from 2000.

Looking to Move
    New owner: Jets need stadium of their own

Steve Zipay. STAFF WRITER; Staff writers Bob Glauber and Dan Janison contributed to this story.

Goodbye, Giants Stadium.

That's the message to the Meadowlands that Robert Wood Johnson IV, the new owner of the Jets, sent yesterday, less than a half-hour after being unanimously approved by the other NFL owners.

But Johnson, who agreed to pay $635 million for the team last week, hedged when asked whether the Jets would return to New York City, where the team played as first the Titans and then the Jets from 1960 to 1983. "We are going to look at all options," he said. During a news conference at the Waldorf-Astoria in Manhattan, Johnson was clear that the Jets need to move out of East Rutherford, N.J., when the current lease with the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority ends in 2008.

"Eight years from now, they will be playing somewhere else because the lease expires," said Johnson, 53, a philanthropist and investor who is an heir to the Johnson & Johnson health-care products fortune. Asked if he would seek to renew the contract, Johnson said, "I don't think that is going to be one of our options of choice. The Jets have never had their own stadium. Every game they've played for the last 39-plus years have been away games. They have never had the home-field advantage ... They have been in the Mets' stadium, Shea Stadium, and now this since 1984, and we want to do everything in our power to provide them with their own stadium."

Johnson, 53, who began his remarks by grabbing a football and pumping his arm as if throwing a pass, said he has not talked to the sports authority about vacating the lease early. He said he would be willing to talk to Mayor Rudolph Giuliani about the mayor's proposal, made in his State of the City speech last week, for a domed stadium on Manhattan's West Side.

Giuliani responded yesterday that he "was anxious" to discuss it with Johnson. The Jets owner said he had not "gotten far" in thinking about ways to finance a stadium, which could cost $400 million or more. Meanwhile, John Samerjan, a spokesman for the authority, said the Jets are considered a important part of the complex, which includes Continental Airlines Arena, home of the Nets and Devils, and a racetrack. "We've already had talks with the Jets and Giants about ways to upgrade the stadium," including building more suites, Samerjan said. "And we want to discuss ways with Mr. Johnson to continue the fruitful relationship that we've enjoyed with the Jets."

However, last night a person familiar with the authority's thinking suggested that the authority could also build a separate stadium for the Jets somewhere in New Jersey. In 1998, 46 luxury suites were added to bring the total to 118, which is about the NFL average. However, the Jets share the suite revenues with the Giants and the authority. The team also shares parking and concessions receipts with the authority. Those tens of millions in revenues that other teams receive and the Jets do not are deemed necessary to remain competitive financially with other franchises. Across the region, Johnson's remarks were greeted with enthusiasm from fans, politicians and fellow owners.

"This is music to our ears," said Patrick Curry, an East Meadow attorney who heads Bring Our Jets Home, a group of more than 400 longtime fans. "We've expressed unshakable opposition to any extension of the lease. This is the first step in reuniting the franchise with its history, roots and fan base. Our only big concern is if he builds another stadium in New Jersey."

Said Queens Borough President Claire Shulman: "We would love to have them at the new Shea Stadium." Mets co-owner Fred Wilpon has been lobbying for a $400-million to $500-million stadium with a retractable dome to be built in Shea's right-field parking lot. "The timing is terrific. Let's talk, we've got a lot of great places," said City Council Speaker Peter Vallone. NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue also supported the proposal.

"I think it would be much better if the Jets had their own facility, as part of a multi-purpose facility here in the city as part of the convention complex. It could be in other parts of the New York area or in New Jersey.Mr. Johnson said to our finance committee this morning that getting that last ounce of adrenaline out of the players onto the field sometimes falls to the fans as the '12th man,' and he feels very strongly that if they had their own stadium, that would be something that would energize Jets fans."

Even Giants co-owner Wellington Mara, 82, wasn't prepared to burst Johnson's bubble. "Whatever he thinks is best for the Jets, that's fine with us. We'll be there long after I'm gone."

And so will the Jets, wellington. So will the Jets...
    Last edited by y2k8; 12-12-2005 at 04:31 PM.