Thread: Ron Wolf named N.Y. Jets director of player personnel...

Banned

Ron Wolf named N.Y. Jets director of player personnel...

... that was the headline back in 1990 =)

The reason I played that little joke is because Ron Wolf, former Jet (for only one year) and well known GM who made the trade to bring Brett Favre to GB from Atlanta is looking for a job. He's 65 years old and wants back in.

This dude built the Green Bay team that dominated back in the mid 90's. NFL.com has been writing a lot about his interest to come back to the leauge. Here's one quick article:

"LOOK OUT FOR WOLF
    One of the NFL's finest general managers could be getting ready to take the plunge again.

Word is that former Packers general manager Ron Wolf, one of the most respected talent evaluators in the league, is getting ready to return to the game.

Very quietly, Wolf has been looking into potential fits for him, and there's no doubt there will be any number of suitors for the man who helped return the luster to Titletown, U.S.A., helping the Green Bay Packers win Super Bowl XXXI.

Wolf has been living in Annapolis, Md., since he retired in 2001, but more and more, it's looking like his next home will be back in the NFL.

With some lucky team."

The most important quote here is "one of the most respected talent evaluators in the league"

Thats what we need. Everyone is talking about Reggie Bush being as close to a sure thing as is possible. Ron Wolf is as close to a sure thing as you get.

Woody isn't about to dump Bradway, so Wolf being our next GM is not gonna' happen. But he has been retired for 4 years. Maybe he would accept a position like Director of player personnel. The Jets need to approach this guy, his football mind could prove invaluable.

This offseason is going to be very challenging for us. I don't think Bradway is a complete fool, but he has made some very bad moves. If he had a guy like Wolf to help him... we might be a force next year.

When Wolf was with the Jets back in 1990 he said that he rated Brett Favre as the top talent in the entire draft. His famos quote is "You have to have a chucker!"

He also drafted Mark Brunell, Matt Hasselback, and Aaron Brooks. This guy knows talent and QB talent. He'll help us navigate the Free Agent market and find the right guy to back up Chad, and if Chad can't hack it next year he can help us draft the next NYJ starting QB of the future.

PLEASE WOODY, at least sit down with this guy and see if we can land him.

Hall Of Fame
    locked with a quickness

You act as if Woody cares about this team......

Hall Of Fame
    Not cool.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Dump this thread

All Pro
    maybe we can hire him as a consultant.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

jerk

Banned
    F U C K all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets just talk about reggie bush... this board sucks!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by momentoftrth
    F U C K all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets just talk about reggie bush... this board sucks!

Wow........................

You come on here with a bogus post...........................

Then get all foul mouthed, act outraged because people get annoyed.

Man you must be a real treat at a party.

Banned
    I'm outta here... have fun talking about reggie Bush until draft day... again and again and again.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm outta here... have fun talking about reggie Bush until draft day... again and again and again.
    You know what they say, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Is this ChipShot? Have fun at TGG or JN.

Veteran
    Thank God.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    EASY BOYS

Trth, that wasn't too good an idea, but don't leave. Take your lumps. It'll pass. Gas2no99 has it much harder than you and he still comes in (just kidding,99).

Get with Sean (sooth) and figure it out. I can't imagine 5 months of Reggie Bush either.

So get it right and come on back