Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stephan A. Smith - a jerk @ff

All Pro

Stephan A. Smith - a jerk @ff

ok so i am fliiping through to put on the Ranger - Devil pregame and i see this morons last segment on the Jets not serving alcohol for the MNF game...
    His last comment was put a quality team on the field and there would be no worries..

Now i know that this team will drive you to drink - but to say on the air that the quality of the team is what causes fans over drink, get loud, obnoxiouse and violent is pure stupidity... He should not have his radio or Tv show - his shows are horrible - he talks like he is the MC of a Hip Hop awards show

Quote Originally Posted by djaparz
    ok so i am fliiping through to put on the Ranger - Devil pregame and i see this morons last segment on the Jets not serving alcohol for the MNF game...
    His last comment was put a quality team on the field and there would be no worries..

Now i know that this team will drive you to drink - but to say on the air that the quality of the team is what causes fans over drink, get loud, obnoxiouse and violent is pure stupidity... He should not have his radio or Tv show - his shows are horrible - he talks like he is the MC of a Hip Hop awards show
    Don't worry about it. Everyone knows he's a complete moron. He is just a basketball analyst who knows nothing about other sports and pretends to.
    Last year during the playoffs this idiot said that Chargers should of kicked the field goal on 3rd down so if they missed they could try again on 4th.
    I stopped listening to him and Jim Rome a long time ago.

All Pro
    he insults us as fans

he insults us as fans
    He insults everyone who likes sports by having a show.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Stephan A. Smith knows nothing about football. Don't pay attention too him at all.

All Pro
    believe me i ltake all these "experts" commenst whether positive or negative with a grain of salt - but he is insulting to the fans - so that poor girl hat is paralyzed from a drunk driver after a Giants game is actually a victim of a bad Giants team???

Seriously, just try to ignore him. He's another shining example of the talent drop-off of ESPN personalities over recent years. Steven A. talks about controversial topics. He is loud, boisterous, and knows all the hip-hop slang. In ESPN's eyes, that warrants his own show. Fortunately, most true sports fans are too intelligent to pay this moron any attention, and his show will be cancelled before you know it. I guess it's better to be loud than good nowadays.

Rookie
    I used to like listening to BT but he starting to act more and more like SAS since he started to work with him...I think BT deserves his own show that way he doesnt get more corrupted.

All League
    I listen to his show just for Brandon Tierney. Stephen A usually defers to him anyways when talking about any sport but basketball.

Veteran
    hes a complete dick who knows nothing about anything except basketball i hate that he PRETENDS to KNOW something about other sports...F'ING poser

All League
    Well, for as many things i disagree with Stephen A. on, he's completely right in this case.

Quality product = less fights.

Do we forget the stabbing incident in the bathroom a few weeks ago regarding a guy wearing a Chad jersey?

Banned
    stephen is an

Undrafted Free Agent
    Who cares, Steven A Smith is a dumb bastard. The guy is up there with Skip Bayless with not knowing **** about sports.

Veteran
    The man is a retard. But thats ok, I quit watching just about everything on espn a while ago becaue of idiotic stuff like his show.

Board Moderator
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt39
    Well, for as many things i disagree with Stephen A. on, he's completely right in this case.

Do we forget the stabbing incident in the bathroom a few weeks ago regarding a guy wearing a Chad jersey?
    i agree. they made this decision because we have a bad team and a number of disgruntled fans over the stadium issue, and they're hoping to minimize what is sure to be a circus. plus i'm sure people drink more in the colder weather at night.

dajparz, please reserve your insulted feelings until tuesday morning, when we see what actually goes on. remember, more than a handful of (presumably sober) posters here were going to throw stacks of fliers towards the field, wonder how much worse that alone would be if everyone getting hit by the paper that doesn't agree with them was sh¡tfaced...

Veteran

I hate the guy but he does have a pretty good point. What happens is regular ticket holders stop going selling there tickets to who knows or worse other team fans get them. I know on Monday I dont expect to see anyone I have seen around me all year. Plus when When parcells came in there were monday and Sunday night games and the rowdyness did not start. So Smith is an idiot but he does have a point

Veteran
    I may agree that you'll see more not vested fans and trouble makers if your team is losing and season ticket holders are giving up their seats.
    But what exactly would he like the front office to do about it at this point?

You know the guy is a poor journalist when he's always taking the easy way out. And piling on the franchise with a 3-11 record with 13 guys on IR is a VERY EASY ROAD. It shows no intelligence or class.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt39

so it was not alccohol that started that fight it was a jersey? if the guy was sober he still would have stabbed the other guy?

Quote Originally Posted by kleckorules#73
    Stephan A. Smith knows nothing about football. Don't pay attention too him at all.

hes not that smart in basketball too

i believe he called charlie villaneuva the worst pick in the NBA draft

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by -inVINCEible-
    hes not that smart in basketball too

i believe he called charlie villaneuva the worst pick in the NBA draft
    Villaneuva is talented, but man, is that guy ugly. He should borrow some of Chris Carter's black shoe polish to get some eyebrows.