View Poll Results: Who should be coach if Herm leaves?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donnie Henderson

14 26.42%
  • Mike Heimerdinger

7 13.21%
  • Ron Rivera

5 9.43%
  • Al Saunders

2 3.77%
  • Jimmy Johnson

6 11.32%
  • Gregg Williams

2 3.77%
  • Other (please specify)

17 32.08%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who should be coach if Herm leaves?

JetsInsider.com Legend

Who should be coach if Herm leaves?

I vote Ron Rivera. He's really turned that Chicago defense into a great unit.

Hall Of Fame
    Ron Rivera
    Al Saunders
    Mike Trgovac
    Pat Hill
    Bob Bratkowski
    Gregg Williams.

Interview these guys for the job.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Woody loves Herm. Herm's got two more years left on his deal. He will be HC for the next two seasons.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    Uh, Woody loves Herm. Herm's got two more years left on his deal.
    that wasn't the question. if you think herm is here no matter what, then don't make a comment.

Hall Of Fame
    Woody loves Herm. Herm's got two more years left on his deal. He will be HC for the next two seasons.
    Herm is gone with a 3-13 record in 2006.

Having a 2 year deal in the NFL is like having a one year deal. Coaches rarely go into their lame-duck year., without getting fired or recieving an extention.

I think if Herm rights the ship in 2006 he gets extended, he fails he gets canned. IMO.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charlie Weiss at 5 Million Per Season.

And Ron Wolf as GM for 5 Million Per Season.

There is NO Salary Cap for Coaches or Front Office, and I would be HAPPY to spend old Woody's money for him on this pair.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I wouldn't be so sure. With all the talk of Herm going to KC in the offseason I'm sure there has to be something going on. Woody may want Herm to stay, but if the Chiefs flash a lot of green in front of Herm, he may be tempted.

All League
    Steve Mariucci

Yeah his name looks good in green!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish

There is NO Salary Cap for Coaches or Front Office, and I would be HAPPY to spend old Woody's money for him on this pair.
    There is a coaches/FO salary cap for owners whose first and last names are both synonyms for penis. This is a little known rule that gets the Woodster very excited.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    I like Charlie Weiss but I think pigs will fly first, so how about Mooch.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    I vote Ron Rivera. He's really turned that Chicago defense into a great unit.

He's not leaving...enough alreadY

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by LETSGOJETS
    Steve Mariucci

Yeah his name looks good in green!!
    I don't want another nice guy at HC. I want a Parcells type of guy that's going to get in a players face if he screws up.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak
    as i already said...

that wasn't the question. if you think herm is here no matter what, then don't make a comment.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac
    as i already said...

Kid, do me a favor and don't tell people where they can and can not make a comment. The fact that you're completely delusional and think Herm won't be coach next year is your own problem.

All League
    Jeff Fisher... great coach hit with bad circumstances in Tennessee... perhaps they feel a need to move in a new direction and cut ties... ESPN mentioned that if Fisher were to be cut loose he would have a job right away...maybe the HC of New York Jets.

We all know Herman Edwards, and the way he has been speaking lately leads me to believe that he will be gone. The Herman Edwards we know would have given an answer to the question if he would be here in 2006, and not dodge it like a bullet. Dick Vermeil is pumping his man, and I think we will have a vacancy come the end of the season.

All Pro
    The problem is not Herm.. If you give herm or any coach good players and healthy players they will win. Herm has won here with the Jets.

The real problem is Bradway. Look at our roster most of our best players were drafted by Parcells. Just go down the drafts since Bradway has been here. We have really not added alot of talent. We have added mediocre to fair players. Outside of Vilma no impact player has been added.

We have lost more talent than we addedd under Bradway.

We need a new GM.

All Pro
    Kid, do me a favor and don't tell people where they can and can not make a comment. The fact that you're completely delusional and think Herm won't be coach next year is your own problem.
    you're right, i'm completely delusional. just like most posters on this site i guess. if you're basing the fact that you think herm will be here next year on his word, then you're delusional. No coach would ever say that he's leaving, even if he already has decided it. Even if he already bought a new house elsewhere. If you're basing the fact that you think herm will be here next year on how woody feels about him, then you're delusional. you should know liking someone doesn't garrentee them a job. look no further than our team last year. herm ran hackett out of town. herm loved hackett.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel
    The problem is not Herm.. If you give herm or any coach good players and healthy players they will win. Herm has won here with the Jets.

The real problem is Bradway. Look at our roster most of our best players were drafted by Parcells. Just go down the drafts since Bradway has been here. We have really not added alot of talent. We have added mediocre to fair players. Outside of Vilma no impact player has been added.

We have lost more talent than we addedd under Bradway.

We need a new GM.
    but isn't his most valuable asset his motivation skills? Doesn't he get more out of players than anyone else could. Doesn't his motivation make mediocre players good or even great?

Veteran
    Margate Fl soon to be Ocala FL by way of Da Bronx
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak

HERM'S NOT LEAVING
    HERM'S NOT LEAVING
    HERM'S NOT LEAVING

SUNG TO THE TUNE OF THE USPS JINGLE .. PLEASE MAIL EARLY

Veteran
    In spite of all the speculation, due to the unforeseen events of this season, i.e., injuries and just plain bad luck, I believe the Jets are going to stand with Edwards as their head coach and Pennington as the starting QB. Remember, this team was one field goal away last year. Lets see how this all plays out.