Thread: Can Leinart be any more overrated?

Banned

Can Leinart be any more overrated?

I've seen this guy play three times......he's been awful each time. His passes float and he's not accurate. He's Chad without the accuracy.

I pray we don't draft this chump.

Practice Squad
    I see Tim Couch and Ryan Leaf witten all over this dude

All League
    Vince Young!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx
    I've seen this guy play three times......he's been awful each time. His passes float and he's not accurate. He's Chad without the accuracy.

I like him but TB wont draft him. He'll trade down and get more picks. He'll also givev up herm for three draft picks and money to the cheifs. Then, he'll sit all of his starters and go 0-16. Then he will release chad, and then he will draft Quinn with the first pick of next years draft.

Rookie

i dont like leinart but in his defense he won what 3 national championships

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilma4Prez
    That's fine, but from what I've seen of him, he has bust written all over him. His lack of arm strength rivals Chad's. At least Chad is accurate. This guy is horrible.

Bitter
    Speaking of overrated, how about Bush Light? Total garbage.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alk
    It seems like Texas is keying on him.

LenDale White doesn't look too bad.

Veteran
    I never been impressed with Lienhart or however you spell his name. Totaly overated.

Hall Of Fame

CHAD only had accuracy in 2002! When LEINART threw that INT he reminded me of the floaters CHAD throws. JUST SAY NO TO LEINART! HOPE for YOUNG to declare and jump on him!

That's fine, but from what I've seen of him, he has bust written all over him. His lack of arm strength rivals Chad's. At least Chad is accurate. This guy is horrible.

you are nuts, Chad has no zip at all

Leinart has an above average arm, not a gun but above average and he can run faster than our dweeb

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I don't want Leinart or Young, give me Jay Cutler. Cutler has Brett Favre written all over him. Out of all the QB's in this years draft, I think Cutler can make a quicker impact.

Cutler has everything Dinger would want in a QB. He's big, strong, mobile, has a great arm, and makes good decisions. The only knock on Cutler is his mechanics but Favre's mechanics have always sucked too.

If we draft a QB in round 1, it should be Cutler. I don't know how well Leinart projects to the pros and Vince Young seems like too much of a project.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet
    CHAD only had accuracy in 2002! When LEINART threw that INT he reminded me of the floaters CHAD throws. JUST SAY NO TO LEINART! HOPE for YOUNG to declare and jump on him!
    i dont really want either but if i had a choice it would be young

i dont really want either but if i had a choice it would be young

young looks like Kordell to me

I think he has a future like Hines Ward!!!!

Carson Palmer says Hi.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    I don't want Leinart or Young, give me Jay Cutler. Cutler has Brett Favre written all over him. Out of all the QB's in this years draft, I think Cutler can make a quicker impact.

Cutler has everything Dinger would want in a QB. He's big, strong, mobile, has a great arm, and makes good decisions. The only knock on Cutler is his mechanics but Favre's mechanics have always sucked too.

If we draft a QB in round 1, it should be Cutler. I don't know how well Leinart projects to the pros and Vince Young seems like too much of a project.
    Vince Young has special potential. He's a more impressive QB than Michael Vick, IMO. He needs a TON of work, but if he gets into a NFL offense in 2006 and adapts to a Pro-style of offense, he can easily be another McNabb.

The only QB I'd take in round 1 is Young.

BTW, where are all the "Draft Leinart" people now ? Hey big Joe (Benigno) - Enjoying watching these pop-flies sail all over the Rose Bowl ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alk
    Agreed completely. I have been preaching that all around my school and people have think he is going to be a first ballot HOF and just writing me out as a moron. I told them to tune in tonight to watch Bush get raped buy the Texas D.

But yes Leinart is totally over rated. Finally plays a good secondary and takes one hit and suddenly he can't do anything. He is immobile weak and can't do anything unless there is none within 10 yards of him.

All League
    Matt Leinart has played poorly... but I don't see anyone bashing Reggie Bush, who is playing equally bad...

Strike that comment, just saw the post above... don't think you can or should judge a player on one half of football...

Matt Leinart = Scott Mitchell

I've been trying to tell all of you!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman
    Matt Leinart has played poorly... but I don't see anyone bashing Reggie Bush, who is playing equally bad...
    Most of the skill position players on USC are overrated except for LenDale White, Steve Smith, and Dwayne Jarrett. I really do believe that White will be a better pro RB than Bush.