Thread: eric mangini

Practice Squad

eric mangini

Not sure if this has been brought up, but in the post they mentioned mangini as a pssible candidate. I'm not totally against that. he is a belicheck deciphal

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)

he is a candidate just because he was under Bellichick????

he is an O Line coach and will remain one.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak

Since when is he an O line coach?? I thought it was secondary. And he was definitely a hot commodity last year, thus the Pats promoted him to D-Coordinator.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mdav 28
    Not sure if this has been brought up, but in the post they mentioned mangini as a pssible candidate. I'm not totally against that. he is a belicheck deciphal

Srry to go of toupic, but ur speling is laughable.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by J-E-T-S 4 Life
    Since when is he an O line coach?? I thought it was secondary. And he was definitely a hot commodity last year, thus the Pats promoted him to D-Coordinator.

may bad i was thinking about our o line coach......I would take haslett before this guy though.......maybe a change in environment will do.

All Pro
    He is the D coordnator.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by mdav 28
    Count me in. Mangini is one of the brightest young minds in all of football. He is BB jr. Look at the job Mangini has done with The Pats DB's. Hell he got Troy Brown to play well at DB.

You have Mangini to thank by the way for Ben Graham. He scouted him and discovered him.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by LesterLyles
    He is the D coordnator.

thats correct.....was the secondary coach before going to DC.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungJetsFan
    Count me in. Mangini is one of the brightest young minds in all of football. He is BB jr. Look at the job Mangini has done with The Pats DB's. Hell he got Troy Brown to play well at DB.

You have Mangini to thank by the way for Ben Graham. He scouted him and discovered him.

I agree completely YJF. Would be a great move for us.

All Pro
    Mangini is a good choice, though i doubt hes being considered (dumb FO). He has done a great job as NE's DC despite their injuries. Hes been in the AFC East since 1997 and knows our division pretty well. He also coached the secondary for the Jets while Parcells was here. He is one of "Parcell's Guys" and hopefully will bring some of that element with him in terms of preparation , hard work ethic, and dedication to winning. He has 3 SB rings and is one of the young bright minds in football. We should definitely yake a close look at him.

Other "Parcells Guys" worth looking at are: Browns OC Maurice Carthon and Patriots DL Coach Pepper Johnson (though he may be a little green at this point).

All Pro
    I like Carthon, Mangini, Rivera and Kubiak most in the assistant pool. All fo these guys should be interviewed if Herm leaves.

All Pro

He's the Pats defensive coordinator moron.

Veteran

Do your research buddy he is the defensive co. and he was the defensive back coach here from 1997 to 2000 if you go to the patsies web site you can get a good bio on him. He is young and has dealt with adversity. Just look at the secondary problems New England over the last 3 years. he turned a Wide reciever into a competent db made Marcus Colemen here look loke an all pro. I wo have been saying all along he could be a good hire.