Thread: Getting set up!

Undrafted Free Agent

Getting set up!

For a big dissapointment. I have gut feeling that BB will wisper into Mangini's ear that the NY Jets isn't the best place for him. He is his mentor and he will listen to BB. So do count any chickens yet, that egg hasn't hatched.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I doubt it, as I said before, if the Pats FO doesn't want Mangini going to NY, then why would they grant us permission to interview him in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by klynch
    For a big dissapointment. I have gut feeling that BB will wisper into Mangini's ear that the NY Jets isn't the best place for him. He is his mentor and he will listen to BB. So do count any chickens yet, that egg hasn't hatched.
    I think you guys are reading way too much into this. I mean it is a HC job. They will give him atleast 3-4 years to turn it around. And really, is ANYONE that CLOSE to Belichek? I mean, c'mon, he's a great coach but quite honestly by all reports a horrible human being. I think there is obvious respect, but a true friendship, doubt it. I don't think he is capable of that.

Hall Of Fame

Two Things...

Quote Originally Posted by klynch
    One, BB would come off looking like a pu$$y if he did that. On the same boat, Mangini would look like the coffee boy again for not listening to his own conscience and forging his own path in this league.

Second, Mangini would look like a dragon slayer if he took the Jets job. That means he has enough balls to be in the same division with his mentor and Nick Saban. That's like Anakin Skywalker having the guts to take on both Emperor Palpatine and Count Dooku. He'd get major props from the fans and around the league.

Hall Of Fame
    I won't be at all crushed if Mangini does not get or take the job. We certainly shouldn't be begging him to take it. As long as one of the other reasonable candidates (Ferentz, Sherman, possibly Rivera) gets it I won't be upset. I'll only be aghast if one of the suspect guys gets the job. (Tice, Haslett etc)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    I doubt it, as I said before, if the Pats FO doesn't want Mangini going to NY, then why would they grant us permission to interview him in the first place?
    I believe in another thread a poster said that when a coordinator is eligible for a promotion to a head coaching job, the NFL mandates that the coordinator's current team cannot block permission for another club to talk to him. If true, N.E.'s hands are tied, for now.