Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texans-Dolphins Trade Rumor

All League

Texans-Dolphins Trade Rumor

Steve Summers is reporting on WFAN that there is talk between Houston and Miami regarding trading David Carr to Miami for Ricky Williams and a 3rd round pick. The Texans would then draft Vince Young.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by mryankee90
    Steve Summers is reporting on WFAN that there is talk between Houston and Miami regarding trading David Carr to Miami for Ricky Williams and a 3rd round pick. The Texans would then draft Vince Young.
    That is an absolute steal for Miami. They already have a good, young RB in Brown. They don't, however, have a QB. Carr, if protected, can be a quality QB.

Houston would be making a terrible mistake. They should at least let Kubiak give his input before making the deal. Why take a veteran RB with a lot of mileage on him and a QB who may not be able to pass the ball effectively in the NFL ?

I'd take Bush/Carr over Williams/Young, and it's not even close.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSRULE05
    That is an absolute steal for Miami. They already have a good, young RB in Brown. They don't, however, have a QB. Carr, if protected, can be a quality QB.

Houston would be making a terrible mistake. They should at least let Kubiak give his input before making the deal. Why take a veteran RB with a lot of mileage on him and a QB who may not be able to pass the ball effectively in the NFL ?

Well, it looks like the Texans are realizing that drafting Bush would be a lateral move considering they already have a Pro-Bowl caliber back in Dom Davis.

All League
    Well, it looks like the Texans are realizing that drafting Bush would be a lateral move considering they already have a Pro-Bowl caliber back in Dom Davis.
    Who says you have to get rid of Davis ? Use Davis as the pounder between the tackles, and use Bush in a way to maximize his big plays-per-touches. (KRs, PRs, etc) Plus, Williams would make Davis obselete more than Bush would. Davis is a pounding RB, as is Williams. So if you trade for Williams, a 330+ carry RB, Davis is unnecessary. If you draft Bush, Davis can still be a contributing player.

Hall Of Fame
    This is where winning that last game and dropping to 4 from 3 could really sting. If the Texans took young and then N.O. badly in need of a QB took leinart Bush would be sitting there at 3.

well, if they're trading for ricky williams, i don't think they're trading for him to be a benchwarmer.

Veteran

I am sorry but it is a lot closer than you think. What the hell has David Carr done in his 5 years for you to say it is not even close? Ricky Williams is a proven franchise back who doesn't have a lot of mileage unless I am missing something (he didn't play in 2004 and only played about half a season in 2005.)

Bush/Young may be a wash but if Young reaches his full potential, his upside is greater than Bush's. In their only head to head match up, Young was the most dominant player on the field; surely you noticed that?

I think the trade is great for both teams. Sure the Dolphins will benefit faster because they have the much better team but that doesn't mean that somehow the Texans are getting robbed in the deal.

All Pro

Truth is...

TExans need Ferguson more than they need Bush or Young. But their idiotic fans won't let them get away with it. I'll probably pay for this later, but I'm not sold on Bush as a team-changer, or even as a great back in the NFL. He may be top ten or twelve in a couple of years, but that won't win many games for a team with no offensive line. I would personally not be surprised if Williams were to outperform Bush. Anyway, flashy guys in fragile positions, are risky.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Do you guys think it's possible for Bush to slip to #3 now?

All Pro

Clarification...

I meant DeAngelo Williams, not Reefer Williams of the Fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    Do you guys think it's possible for Bush to slip to #3 now?
    I think he could slip to number 4. Id be surprised if New Orleans took him and also surprised if the Titans took him. If we want him we should start looking into switching picks with the Titans to ensure we get him and that they take the lineman with their pick.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason423
    I think he could slip to number 4. Id be surprised if New Orleans took him and also surprised if the Titans took him. If we want him we should start looking into switching picks with the Titans to ensure we get him and that they take the lineman with their pick.
    I hope to God he slips to 4.

Banned

Maybe Kubiak did give his input???????

All Pro
    Ricky Williams would be great in a Zone Blocking scheme.

Just realize one more drug test failure and hes either out of the league, or up for a year long suspension.

Go to a texan site, and see how these people think of Vine Young.

http://www.houstontexans.com

Most of these people hate David Carr. Charlie Casserly must be feeling the heat.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPanther
    Maybe Kubiak did give his input???????
    If he did, then I can't argue that point. (though I still disagree with the trade from Houston's viewpoint) But you can't make a trade of that magnitude without consulting the man who will be your HC.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Rhodes
    Ricky Williams would be great in a Zone Blocking scheme.

Just realize one more drug test failure and hes either out of the league, or up for a year long suspension.

Go to a texan site, and see how these people think of Vine Young.

http://www.houstontexans.com

Most of these people hate David Carr. Charlie Casserly must be feeling the heat.
    I'm of the belief you never make a move (personel wise or coaching wise) based on what your fanbase feels. If you make a personel move your fans hate (e.g. Philly drafting McNabb) and it works out, they'll all praise the player, and the organization for acquiring him.

Now lets say Philly drafted Ricky Williams, a selection that would have sent the Eagles fans at MSG into a joyous frenzy, and he didn't pan out. Would Philly fans say "We can't kill the Eagles for taking Williams over McNabb, because we all wanted him on draft day" ? Heck no ! They would rip the organization.

So go with the decision you feel is the right one for the TEAM, not the fans. Placating the fans with personel moves is ridiculously stupid. Because once the team starts losing, the fanbase will turn against the organization again, and quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish
    This is where winning that last game and dropping to 4 from 3 could really sting. If the Texans took young and then N.O. badly in need of a QB took leinart Bush would be sitting there at 3.
    absolutely - i knew we would get f'd as it was happening. i sat in the stands sick to my stomach knowing the jets had f'd me all year long, and watched as they did it again - this time by winning a meaningless game. i'm not saying they should have tanked it - i'm saying i just knew with our luck we would show up that day and win - the ONE time i wanted them to lose in my life. i just realized that with this team it's heartache after heartache. I was happy with 4th pick because i figured bush would go first and we would get d'brick - but if bush is available at 3 i am gonna be pissed off.

Banned
    BS 4 LIFE. This is never going to happen, thats just Miami dumba$$e$. every time anything happens regarding a star the Dolphins always wanna claim some kind of involvement. The only recognizable player to come out of Miami is Dan. They are still bitter about Ricky exposing them for the garbage team they are. Texas would trade the #1 to the Jets before they trade David Carr to the Dolphins. They need Ferguson more than they need Ricky, Dominick Davis has a new 20 mill contract and has rushed over 1,000 in consectutive seasons i believe. What has Ricky done? Smoked pot, did Yoga, and not eat meat.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason423

I think the Titans would take Bush if he fell to 3. They don't have much at RB. Chris Brown? Travis Henry? hardly superstars in the backfield.

This trade rumor is very interesting though. I think this would be a good move for the Texans. A Ricky Williams/Dom. Davis backfield would be a great combination and Vince Young at QB could produce a spectacular offense if Young can produce.

If I'm the Texans I would do this trade. I think this "might" be a good deal for the Dolphins cause I think Carr does have the talent, but the team is just so awful he never had a shot. Put him on a team like the colts I bet he will do much better. Hell it has to be better than what the Dolphins have now

Veteran
    I think Summers has probably the worst contacts of anyone at the FAN. I wouldn't take much stock in any of the rumors that he reports on.