Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm sickened by the officiating in the Colts/Steelers Game

Veteran

I'm sickened by the officiating in the Colts/Steelers Game

I have never seen a more blatant attempt by an officiating crew to steer the outcome in one direction.

The NFL's competition committee must be dissolved and rebuilt. The current Colts dominated members have the officials in their back pockets.

It's a disgrace.

They've ruined the greatest game on this planet.

Is there anything that can be done.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PYPER
    I have never seen a more blatant attempt by an officiating crew to steer the outcome in one direction.

The NFL's competition committee must be dissolved and rebuilt. The current Colts dominated members have the officials in their back pockets.

It's a disgrace.

They've ruined the greatest game on this planet.

Is there anything that can be done.
    you do remember the tuck rule right?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Polamalu picked that ball off. I don't give a damn what anyone says.

Veteran
    The ball gets picked off, the defender rolls over 2-3 times gets up then drops the ball. It's ruled incomplete. You gotta be ****tin me.

All League
    Tuck Rule

Rookie
    There were two things that happened on that play.

First he intercepted the ball and fell to the ground.

Then he got up from the ground and fumbled.

What the hell was that official thinking.

Terrible.

Veteran
    I am with you guys; the officials in this game (and yesterday's Broncos game) are totally friggin disgrace. How that ball was not ruled an interception is beyond belief.

Veteran
    Have you not watched any Pats game during their run?

Hall Of Fame
    that was an incomplete pass, the ref made perfect sense, to make a ctach you must do three things:

1) a receiver must catch the ball
    2) keep possession and
    3) make a football move

I guess you guys think roling on the floor is a 'football move'

you gotta be kidding me, he lost the ball before he could make the football move, you cant have 1 and 2 without 3 and think you have a catch

incomplete pass, move on

great call ref

All Pro
    he caught the ball, kept possesion, got up and lost the ball - getting up was the move

All League

and the beat goes on

We have lost our recent nightmare.... hopefully. Just think how Tampa Bay fans felt and the Colt fans feel after having Tony Dungy.

yeah but he didnt really get up. he rolled.

the instant replays on TV are VERY deceiving in the way that it stretches out the time. on the replays it seemed like he was rolling forever, and it make it seem like he actually got up. In real time, it happened in a split second. he never got up. he was rolling and it popped out.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green
    that was an incomplete pass, the ref made perfect sense, to make a ctach you must do three things:

1) a receiver must catch the ball
    2) keep possession and
    3) make a football move

I guess you guys think roling on the floor is a 'football move'

you gotta be kidding me, he lost the ball before he could make the football move, you cant have 1 and 2 without 3 and think you have a catch

incomplete pass, move on

great call ref
    So I guess a couple of years ago when Lavernous Coles caught the ball while falling at the two yard line then rolled into the end zone for a touchdown he wasn't making a football move???

Puhleeze......that one was on the worst calls ever.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz
    he caught the ball, kept possesion, got up and lost the ball - getting up was the move

but he didnt get up and if you say getting up was the move then you prove my point because he never completed the move because the ball was out with a knee down

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet
    So I guess a couple of years ago when Lavernous Coles caught the ball while falling at the two yard line then rolled into the end zone for a touchdown he wasn't making a football move???

Puhleeze......that one was on the worst calls ever.

its different, when crossing the goal line or landing in bounds and getting touched the play is OVER

when trying to get up you are attempting that 'football move' which he never completed because the ball was out before he could get up

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green
    its different, when crossing the goal line or landing in bounds and getting touched the play is OVER

when trying to get up you are attempting that 'football move' which he never completed because the ball was out before he could get up

amen, sista.

Veteran
    If he would have just stayed down it would have been a complete pass, trying to do too much

All League
    This was a worse call than the tuck rule call, at least that made sense in that it was arguably correct call applying a stupid rule. This was clearly an INT, there is no legitimate explanation. Might be the worst call in NFL history.

The first replay I saw, I said that was an incomplete pass. The officials are not looking to see whether or not he caught the ball in their opinion, they're looking to see whether or not, by pre-defined declarations, he caught it. According to the rules, the official made an excellent call.
    I equate this to the intentional grounding. Everyone knows why that rule was put in. It was so that people wouldn't just kill the play when a defender was coming at them. So if you are out of the "box" or the tackles, and you throw it away, there is still the intent to throw it away so you don't take the loss of yards. But, according to the rules, its not intentional grounding. So how come that rule isn't an absurd rule?

Yeah, it doesn't feel good when your team isn't getting all the calls... I can't believe Patriot fans, of all people, have the audacity to complain about officiating.