Thread: Peter King to discuss the games and officials on ESPN Radio at 1:20

Veteran

Peter King to discuss the games and officials on ESPN Radio at 1:20

www.espnradio.com listen now

Undrafted Free Agent
    I have to wonder what he will talk about next week...now that the Pats are out of it.

All League
    AS I'VE PREVIOUSLY POSTED:

Biggest need is RB, we need a power guy to complement Blaylock. Houston or even Askew could possibly fill that need, but I don't think either one of them is the answer.

So by order:

Trade down from #4, take LenDale White outta USC, attempt to get another 2nd round draft pick in THIS YEAR'S draft when trading down.
    Then with your first 2nd rounder (#4 overall in 2nd round) you have to take Jonathan Scott, the big Tackle from Texas. With the second 2nd rounder from whoever, the Jets should prioritize what they need like this: WR, DT, CB, LB then take the best available player at any of those positions. This would apply to pretty much every following round except for the following #4 pick in round 3, at which point they should make a point of picking up a QB, whether it be Shockley from Georgia or Brody Coyle from Alabama.

The Biggest addition would most likely come from free agency when (and all I can do is hope) the Jets make a serious run at Josh McCown who is a UFA. He's .500 in games he starts over the past two years for a terrible Cardinals team and has displayed the tools to be a good QB in the NFL. So you sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal (which may actually be a 3-4 year deal in NFL Salary Cap land) with the intention of giving him the opportunity what he can do with a running game and a good defense playing with him. If the young tackle (hopefully Scott, but whomever they take) isn't ready, there's serviceable free agents available with starting experience.

I don't buy that this team is shot, if run properly and ushered outta the presumed cap-hell that they are in by one of the supposed best in the business (Mike Tannenbaum), this team could not only be competitive next year, but win the weak East.

Veteran
    Direct Quote:

"A couple of weeks ago, I was doing Jerome Bettis for HBO"

LOL

JetsInsider.com Legend
    What did Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater say?