View Poll Results: Select all the players you believe will be back next season...

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Abraham

84 50.30%
  • Ty Law

30 17.96%
  • Kevin Mawae

157 94.01%
  • Chad Pennington

148 88.62%
  • Chris Baker

113 67.66%
  • James Reed

67 40.12%
  • Lance Legree

34 20.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Jets players will be back next year?

JetsInsider.com Legend

Which Jets players will be back next year?

Select all the players who you believe WILL be back next year in Jets green.

Whether their contracts are restructured or they are franchised tagged, etc. just pick the players (one or more) that you think will be playing for us next year.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 01-20-2006 at 01:21 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    There sure have been a lot of polls lately.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    There sure have been a lot of polls lately.
    "Inquiring minds want to know"

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Legree will be gone, Abraham will be tagged and traded, we'll find a way to keep Law and everyone else.

Doug Jolley & David Barrett will both be gone.

Veteran
    explain why jolley will be gone?

Banned

You are all idiots

Law and Abraham are staying. As is Chad. Thats all there is to it.

All Pro
    Having Mangini here now gives a small chance of Ty Law staying. Very small. James Reed is a good backup for DRob. We need another NT. Legree is a waste.

I believe the rest will be here.

Quote Originally Posted by j-rome
    How about the fact that he cant catch? (Thats always a helpful thing for a TE to be able to do).

Banned
    cause he sucks. Baker i thought had gotten signed didnt he? Plus Chris Baker is a monster compared to Jolly who is his breakfast. I can't believe theres a thread that says Chad should go and here he leads in the person you all want to come back! People DONT BE HYPOCRITS!!!! We all know you get wet when you see Chad's flowing hair but seriously the man is done for. If you WANT TO WIN, Chad cannot start next year or ever again for that matter...

Veteran
    re:Jolley..
    We have not been able to see what he is capable of, bring in another TE if we lose baker and let them compete, fine but releasing him just does not make that much sense to me..

He started 7 games and was only thrown to 50 times.

Rookie
    Only 2 of those guys, Pennington, due to the cap hit we'd take it we cut him, and Chris Baker, who is clearly a player on the rise.

re:Jolley..
    We have not been able to see what he is capable of, bring in another TE if we lose baker and let them compete, fine but releasing him just does not make that much sense to me..

He started 7 games and was only thrown to 50 times.

Of the 50 times he was thrown to, he probably dropped as many as he caught. More importantly, Dreesan will prove in camp this summer that he can run (after the catch) much better than Jolley.

Veteran
    he caught 29 of 50.. not all of them were nesc. catchable balls.. but thats a middle of the road ratio.

Middle of the road isnt good enough for us! We want to be a playoff team. That means one of the top 10 teams in the league. I say we should upgrade immediately any player or position that we look at & say "he's middle of the road".

Veteran
    his rookie year he showed great potential and he is a deep threat TE. If given a good or even a gd decent QB i think he could be above average in a dinger system, or even if he started the entire season he could have put up pretty good numbers.

and for the record i'm okay with average players in non-pivtol positions till we can get rid of the downright bad players.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PMCRW
    I can't believe theres a thread that says Chad should go and here he leads in the person you all want to come back! People DONT BE HYPOCRITS!!!! We all know you get wet when you see Chad's flowing hair but seriously the man is done for. If you WANT TO WIN, Chad cannot start next year or ever again for that matter...
    The Poll asked who do think will be back not who do you want to be back. There is alot of money tied up in Chad and even though his future in the NFL is in doubt there is still a possibilty however small that he could come back.

It's starting to look likely that any new CBA will not be negotiated in time to avert an Uncapped year in 2007. If Bradway can convince Woody to do it that would be the best time to cut Chad because it would clear out his cap space with zero hit. It's pretty obvious that most teams will follow this strategy and dump their expensive junk then. Next year could be very interesting !

oh these polls are so much fun
    who will be back? positively pennington!!!
    and boy i must say green is definitely his color
    we're gonna win a superbowl and live happily ever after!!!

Last edited by sandybeachbum; 01-21-2006 at 02:34 AM.

Veteran
    I didn't vote Chad because there is way too much uncertainty with him. I've been saying all along I want the Jets to darft Leinert. The 4th overall pick is franchise QB territory or a stud OT. The problem is the Jets don't have a QB so you have to go that route.

JMO
    Last edited by JETFAN1; 01-22-2006 at 12:58 PM.

Practice Squad

Hey, I'm new, here's my thoughts

Like it or not (I don't) Pennington will be back. Abraham should be traded for a mid-first round pick. Baker should be resigned. Mawae MUST be kept. Everyone else should go,including Law! And please cut David Barrett who can't even cover a linebacker(Vrabel). D. Strait should be given a chance to start along w/ Miller at CB.