Thread: The NFL is a QB driven League

All Pro

The NFL is a QB driven League

If you don`t have a decent one or one that is playing pretty decent with the ability to carry a team,you have little chance at success.This yrs Playoff season proves that without a doubt.

The NY Giants _ QB sucks,team Lost without scoring a point even thou there were home. Lost badly

The NE Patriots _ QB is Supreme,and did all he could to overcome the officiating and the home field advantage clearly held by the Broncos. Lost

The Chicago Bears _ Surprising strong showing by a novice QB,twarted by even more surprising showing from a supposedly top defense. Lost

The Jacksonville Jags _ Terrible showing by Lefwich playing in his 1st game back from a broken ankle that caused him to miss last 5 games of regular season. Lost

The Washington Skins _ Horrible QB play in both playoff games proved to be the achilles heel to a solid defensive effort.Lost

The Denver Broncos _ Jake the Snake gave the ponies a lethal dose of venom against the Steelers at home. Lost

The Tampa Bucs _ 1st year starter showed great promise,leading his team to what would have been a game tying score only to be foiled by a teamate.Lost

The cincy Bengals _ Lost their QB due to injury on 1st series,and lost all hope soon after.Lost

The Indy Colts _ When the Jets drafted Chad Pennington,I made a bet with my Boss that Chad would Take the Jets to the SB before Manning would do the same for the Colts.After this season,this Bet may never get resolved.Lost

The Carolina Panthers _ Daylight came and he gotta go home.Lost

The Pitt Steelers _ Big Ben,1sy yr AFC championship.2nd yr SB.Nuff said.

The Seattle Hawks _ Matt Hasslebeck _ Undisputed Leader of the team. SB.

The Jets _ No QB _ 4-12 season .Gime me Jay Cutler and a chance Bradway.

Hall Of Fame
    Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer say hi.

All Pro
    I agree because QB's like Hasselbeck, Delhomme and Plummer can really bolster their career if they win in the Championship games.

These are the type of QB's that are trying to be in the same category as Aikman, Young and Elway.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer say hi.

Last I checked,Brad Johnson has won every place he has Played.I believed he just led the Vikes to about 6 straight wins with exceptional play from his position. As a Matter of fact,I would take him as the Vet to tutor Cutler for a yr untill he`s ready.

As for Dilfer,I seem to remember something about a defense being called the best ever to play.Being in the right place doesn`t make you great,just lucky.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar
    Last I checked,Brad Johnson has won every place he has Played.I believed he just led the Vikes to about 6 straight wins with exceptional play from his position. As a Matter of fact,I would take him as the Vet to tutor Cutler for a yr untill he`s ready.

As for Dilfer,I seem to remember something about a defense being called the best ever to play.Being in the right place doesn`t make you great,just lucky.
    just wanted to show some exceptions to your rule

Hall Of Fame
    Which doesn't mean you have to spend a high draft choice to get a great QB.

Hasselback and Brady 6th rounders
    Del Homme not drafted
    Roeth a 1st rounder but not top 10 I believe.

Things change from year to year, this year you could look at O-lines
    Pittsburgh has spent more high drafts choices on their team on the o-line than other teams. Seattle has also spent high picks on their O-line.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish
    Which doesn't mean you have to spend a high draft choice to get a great QB.

Hasselback and Brady 6th rounders
    Del Homme not drafted
    Roeth a 1st rounder but not top 10 I believe.

Things change from year to year, this year you could look at O-lines
    Pittsburgh has spent more high drafts choices on their team on the o-line than other teams. Seattle has also spent high picks on their O-line.
    Exactly. Having an all Pro left side of your offensive line was a big plus for the Seahawks wouldn't you say?

Get D'Brick. Develop Adrian Jones and Marko Cavka

Veteran
    The NFL is a defensive driven league.

Sure, when your QB doesn't play well you lose. There's a reason why those QBs that you noted played poorly - it's called D-fense.

If it was all about the QB then where are the rings for: Peyton Manning, Dan Marino or Warren Moon? And wouldn't Brett Favre and Johnny U. have a few SB MVPs?

Also, How do you explain - Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Jeff Hostetler or Mark Rypien?

Defense and Running the Ball.

Practice Squad
    This rant about QBs belies the real key. Any QB needs protection. And many QBs need the protection of a solid running game. Only Brady and Peyton (sometimes) can get by without the running game. But none of them can get by without protection.

Getting an OT and a OG in 1-4 is a must.