Thread: schott - new offense?

All League

schott - new offense?

so what is the new offense going to look like. what style will we play. run heavy? pass heavy? is it west coast? or will he just adapt to the players we already have? or is he like his father and we will play marty ball?

i am also worried about a big change again. another new offensive system is not good.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Great question. I honestly don't know much about him aside from his bio.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31
    so what is the new offense going to look like. what style will we play. run heavy? pass heavy? is it west coast? or will he just adapt to the players we already have? or is he like his father and we will play marty ball?

i am also worried about a big change again. another new offensive system is not good.
    I dont no what the offense will look like but they better get themselves a good Tight end . I get the idea from the Chargers offense that the TE is a big part. of course there guy is Antonio Gates

All League
    you guys are not really anwsering my question but to comment on the TE situation i think we are in good shape. i know a lot of people dont care for Jolley but he did show some good signs in the passing game and is very cheap. Baker is a free agents but definitly lookes good early and has improved his blocking but still needs work.

the dark horse is dressen who i really like. in limited action i think he looked pretty good. i think we got him in the 7th round which i believe will turn out to be a steal. i believe he will actually become the number 2 TE this year when all is said and done. I have a feeling baker may not be resigned because he will ask for to much money which we dont have.

Hall Of Fame
    The fact is that nobody really knows the answers. Schottenheimer has never been an OC so this will be the first time he is ever installing his offense. The likelihood is you will see a bit of Marty's concepts mixed in with ideas of some of his other mentors (Spurrier, etc.) combined with some of his visions of an offense. There is no way to know the specifics until the system is actually installed. The fact is that Schottenheimer may not even know exactly what he's going to do until he finds out the personnel he'll be working with. Until something is set in stone, it's all speculation. There's no basis to work off of in a case like this.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jets31
    you guys are not really anwsering my question
    Well the answer is simple. He's never run an offense so nobody knows for sure what type of offense he'll install.

Wow

I know this is not answering your question BUT I was floored when I heard the name Schottenheimer for the Jets OC. I don't think I saw his name mentioned anywhere.

On that note thanks for the post because I was wondering the samething, who is this guy. At least we will find out quickly if Mangini is going Bill or Herm on us.

All League
    I think he'll turn out alright. Everyone was asking the same thing about Hendu when he came aboard. Jets fans seemed to have liked what he did with the unit. I'm sure Schott will do just as well. Hell, he's got the pedigree (a theme consistent so far with the Jets) and is YOUNGER than Mangini. should be interesting if anytihng.......

Veteran
    It can only get better as compared to last year. Who really knows? But We have hope!

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by JetzIL
    I know this is not answering your question BUT I was floored when I heard the name Schottenheimer for the Jets OC. I don't think I saw his name mentioned anywhere.

On that note thanks for the post because I was wondering the samething, who is this guy. At least we will find out quickly if Mangini is going Bill or Herm on us.

Go Herm? I believe he must have passed some tortuous ordeal to make sure there isn't a glimmer of Herm in there.

One day of interviewing, Woody gave him a six of wine coolers and a karaoke machine, under duress.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    I just hope he's a rebel and doesn't take after his dad or y'all will be asleep at the games with the conservative play calling.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet
    I just hope he's a rebel and doesn't take after his dad or y'all will be asleep at the games with the conservative play calling.
    It can't possibly can't any more conservative than Squirmin' Herman can it?

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet

Agreed.... please no Marty Ball!

Hall Of Fame

Not his call

I think Mr. Mangini calls the shots here. They said Brian interviewed very impressively which I take to mean he said what the coach wanted to hear. I think they copy NE style which is run the ball, take lots of shots down the field to keep the defense honest and play smartly. I think the emphasis is not to beat yourself type of ball but take some shots.