Thread: Should Chrebet come back

Banned

Should Chrebet come back

As some kind of position coach / player advisor? Nobody (well except CMart and he's gonna play next year) had a better pro attitude, I bet he'd be great working with players somehow! IF Cocks and Anderson can do it...Wayne would be a shoo-IN!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots
    As some kind of position coach / player advisor? Nobody (well except CMart and he's gonna play next year) had a better pro attitude, I bet he'd be great working with players somehow! IF Cocks and Anderson can do it...Wayne would ne a shoo-IN!!

agree

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots
    As some kind of position coach / player advisor? Nobody (well except CMart and he's gonna play next year) had a better pro attitude, I bet he'd be great working with players somehow! IF Cocks and Anderson can do it...Wayne would be a shoo-IN!!
    He'll be back. He bleeds green.

Veteran
    He'll be the Head Coach, once Mangina and T.DumBway are fired.

the jets do need to fill the WR coach position

All League
    I'd like to see him back. However, you can't teach 'Heart'.

Hall Of Fame

Mr. Jet

He needs a year with his family; but I say yes. He always found a way to get open on third down. That might be teachable.

Veteran
    Chrebet was an awful route runner. Because of his lack of size and speed, he would often improvise on his routes, which is fine, if you have been with a QB who knows what that knows what you're going to do (ie Vinny Testaverde).

The reason Chrebet was a great receiver was because of his toughness, hands, and ability to go over the middle and pick-up 1st downs.

I'm not saying Chrebet couldn't or shouldn't coach the Wide Receivers, I'm just saying that his style of play wasn't very disciplined (something most coaches demand). I don't know if I would want him teaching our WR's the things that made him great because those are intangibles that are unteachable.

It would be like Brett Favre coming to coach QB's. You can't teach a QB to run around in circles then sling the ball 60 yards downfield into triple coverage.

Banned
    Seeing that he doesn't remember his own name, he'd be a perfect fit in Kansas City.

SAR I

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by momentoftrth
    He'll be back. He bleeds green.
    FYI, he's a Giants fan.

No he should not, he has had so many head injuries over the years, the Jets should offer him a spot in the organization. He was a great Jet, however, I don't believe the family would allow him back.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    FYI, he's a Giants fan.
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    Seeing that he doesn't remember his own name, he'd be a perfect fit in Kansas City.

SAR I

Thats just really mean. Funny, but really mean.

Veteran
    I don't known enough about his grasp of the game to make a sound decision. However, in stating the obvious, he was an underdog who wanted it so bad he suceeded. If that translates into a good coach and he can articulate that to the NY receivers bring him on board.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss
    Thats just really mean. Funny, but really mean.
    My mother wears army boots.

SAR I